+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Non-NT World Events not giving 4 Faeblight sparkles

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default Non-NT World Events not giving 4 Faeblight sparkles

    ...is this intended? It says it is intended in the patch notes but in this thread daglar said:

    "I agree with you on this point completely. This is why upon reading this, I responded, and I've gone through and modified things. Next week you will be awarded 6 with a charge, and 4 without. All of the activities that awarded 1 will now award 4."

    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...id-gear-5.html

    However the patch notes says only NT world events will be giving four sparkles. We need a constant ruleset guys. I've pretty much been ruled out of completing even one of these boxes because the rules keep changing and the schedule I set to complete needed me to complete all my wfs and a few experts and I would be done one box. Now because of the wf faeblight nerf I probably won't be able to finish it by the deadline.
    Last edited by CarlJohnson; 12-18-2014 at 04:53 AM. Reason: grammar

  2. #2
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    I'm not sure how you're ruled out of completing it? I fully understand that it's counting only for NT zones. Running around late night or early morning to pick one unstable artifact and get 4 sparkles, would be too easy.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    35

    Default

    I don't understand the term "too easy" in this context. Can you explain how "too easy" relates to the difference between what daglar wrote and the patch notes?

  4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Yes, only Nightmare Tide zone events grant the 4. We did some review of the potential income and the quest could be completed too quickly (by our standards for this quest) by making all events grant 4.

    Sorry for any confusion regarding this.

    ~Daglar

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Yes, only Nightmare Tide zone events grant the 4. We did some review of the potential income and the quest could be completed too quickly (by our standards for this quest) by making all events grant 4.

    Sorry for any confusion regarding this.

    ~Daglar
    In terms of hours played how long should this quest take to complete by your standards?

  6. #6
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarlJohnson View Post
    I don't understand the term "too easy" in this context. Can you explain how "too easy" relates to the difference between what daglar wrote and the patch notes?
    They changed the reward, 4 sparkles from picking up one artifact that normally takes just a couple of minutes to get, is getting them too fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpschick View Post
    In terms of hours played how long should this quest take to complete by your standards?
    Would you guys prefer they did it like last year and drop it from raid bosses instead? They give everybody a chance to get 1-3 raid items this year, based on personal effort. And yet you complain?

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Would you guys prefer they did it like last year and drop it from raid bosses instead? They give everybody a chance to get 1-3 raid items this year, based on personal effort. And yet you complain?
    First off my post was not a complaint but rather to understand and have transparency between players and devs (which I think is lacking ATM on important issues). Second after seeing trions implementation of the quest I would rather see it like last year were bosses drop it. Once again Trion adds a great idea but poorly executes it and puts an enormous grind behind it in my personal opinion. That's why Im asking what their standard of grind for this quest is.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpschick View Post
    First off my post was not a complaint but rather to understand and have transparency between players and devs (which I think is lacking ATM on important issues). Second after seeing trions implementation of the quest I would rather see it like last year were bosses drop it. Once again Trion adds a great idea but poorly executes it and puts an enormous grind behind it in my personal opinion. That's why Im asking what their standard of grind for this quest is.
    Assuming no charges, you need to do 18 actions related to the quest each day to complete it weekly.

    Six per day to finish it just once.

    Most players probably settle in the middle ground, and might be able to pull off two completions.

    Weeklies and the charges reduce these numbers slightly.


    Basically though, an average player busy with the holidays should be able to finish it once, but more "hardcore" folks have something to aim for.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dpschick View Post
    First off my post was not a complaint but rather to understand and have transparency between players and devs (which I think is lacking ATM on important issues). Second after seeing trions implementation of the quest I would rather see it like last year were bosses drop it. Once again Trion adds a great idea but poorly executes it and puts an enormous grind behind it in my personal opinion. That's why Im asking what their standard of grind for this quest is.
    About a 125 zone event grind, that seems on par with raid gear to me.
    Stroman - <Undaunted> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 RoF, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF

  10. #10
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stroman View Post
    About a 125 zone event grind, that seems on par with raid gear to me.
    Seems too easy for raid gear to me.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    259

    Default

    I personally think Trion missed a huge opportunity here. IMO, the quality of zones has gone down since Vanilla. I think the old zones are beautiful and immersive, not to say i dont care for the new content, just really like the old world. That being said, all Trion had to do was have sparkles drop from all content in the game, given the appropriate mentoring level. This would have given us a reason to go back and finish quest lines in Shimmersand (if we wanted to), or do instant adventures on Ember Isle.

    TL;DR Why not let us experience the entire world you created, while acquiring endgame gear.

    NMT T1: Cleared
    NMT T2: 10/11 HK | 4/4 iGP HM

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts