+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion 10,000 Mission achieve bugged.

Default Minion 10,000 Mission achieve bugged.

Might possibly be a bug with the achievement but the missions I complete are not counting towards the achieve. Prior to the hotfix I had the 5,000 mission achieve completed. Once logging into the game I see the new 10,000 achievement and it was reset to 0. After completing missions it ticked to 1 and will not budge. So currently my achievement is 1/10,000

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Noted, we're looking into it. We keep track of all the adventures you've ever done, so your progress won't be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Might possibly be a bug with the achievement but the missions I complete are not counting towards the achieve. Prior to the hotfix I had the 5,000 mission achieve completed. Once logging into the game I see the new 10,000 achievement and it was reset to 0. After completing missions it ticked to 1 and will not budge. So currently my achievement is 1/10,000

Ok. Ty for the reply. Will continue to do my missions then

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

I've found the bug and know what's wrong. Unfortunately I can't make it work until we do the next hotfix. But as I said in my initial reply all mission progress will be kept so have no fear.

Any plans of adding additional minion achieves in the near future? I had mentioned ideas to leaderboards but what about if they pertain to achieves instead?

Additional achieves such as:

Collect 125 minions
    Collect 150 minions
    Collect XXX minions(future achieve when more are added)
    Use up XXX amount of minion stamina. <-- Not sure how that would work though since minions are account bound. Perhaps the same as collect achieves but replace with stamina values?
    Level up 5 level 25 minions
    Level up 15 level 25 minions
    Level up XXX level 25 minions etc.

I don't know if you can track this, but probably one of the more completionist-y things would be achievements for ridiculously high combined minion levels. First to have 150 level 25 minions wins!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

There will be more achievements. Probably not 'near future' as I'm working on some special secret content for the minion lovers out there right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Any plans of adding additional minion achieves in the near future? I had mentioned ideas to leaderboards but what about if they pertain to achieves instead?

Additional achieves such as:

Collect 125 minions
    Collect 150 minions
    Collect XXX minions(future achieve when more are added)
    Use up XXX amount of minion stamina. <-- Not sure how that would work though since minions are account bound. Perhaps the same as collect achieves but replace with stamina values?
    Level up 5 level 25 minions
    Level up 15 level 25 minions
    Level up XXX level 25 minions etc.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    There will be more achievements. Probably not 'near future' as I'm working on some special secret content for the minion lovers out there right now.
    We have a million mine/harvest achieve. I'm wishing we have a huge long term minion achievement like that. 1 million, 5 million (or even 10m) adventures would be a pretty lofty goal.

It looks like right now adventures accomplished achievement tops out at 50k.

And so began the phrase "get roughraptored!"

Another issue I'm having with minions, the "my first level 25 minion" only works for the character who is on.. so if i get it then log into another character i have to level up another one.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    Another issue I'm having with minions, the "my first level 25 minion" only works for the character who is on.. so if i get it then log into another character i have to level up another one.
    I did not realize that some of the minion achievments were per character. The minions are account wide, thus preventing a player from sending them out on missions from each character. If the intent is to make a player obtain the minion achievments per character then why were the achievments for collecting 1,10, 50, and 100 minions given to all characters on the account. Should that not also happen for completing the minion levels and number of missions?

Looking for the reasoning/explanation. Thank you.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Sure!

All the achievements are actually per character. What we do for some achievements is trigger them fully. For instance 'Minions collected' used to be triggered one at a time and it would store progress. Now it triggers as many times as you have minions, every time it triggers. So what previously would look like 'got 1 more minion', 'got 1 more minion', 'got 1 more minion', now looks like 'got 1 minion', 'got 2 minions', 'got 3 minions'. This allows it to -appear- like it's account wide instead of it truly being so.

Each achievement we do this to needs to be evaluated individually as to whether or not we can convert it to act in the 'sort of' account wide fashion described above. The first ones we converted were ones that would be especially onerous to do on multiple characters. The other ones like 'Get a level 25 minion' is relatively easy to do on multiple characters. That's not to say we won't convert it ever, it was merely lower priority. Additionally each time we convert an achievement there is a cost in programmer time as well as testing time. It's not quite so simple as flicking a switch.

In short, we probably can convert more minion achievements and likely will, but they're lower priority than other things that need doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
    I did not realize that some of the minion achievments were per character. The minions are account wide, thus preventing a player from sending them out on missions from each character. If the intent is to make a player obtain the minion achievments per character then why were the achievments for collecting 1,10, 50, and 100 minions given to all characters on the account. Should that not also happen for completing the minion levels and number of missions?

Looking for the reasoning/explanation. Thank you.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    It's not quite so simple as flicking a switch.
    Well said, and I really wish more people understood this about programming--especially something as complex as an MMO.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Telaran

Thank you to Snedhepl for the response.

The explanation of how the change for one of the minion achievements worked was quite interesting. However, it did not totally answer my question - which was basically why some of the minion achievments worked one way while others worked differently. Or perhaps it did, in that I gather from the response, all of the achievements for the minions were set up orginaly to be character based and the one achievment for number collected was converted.

Obtaining lvl 25 minion achievments on each character of an account is, as indicated in Snedhepl's response, relatively easy. Obtaining the achievments for 5,000 or 10,000 missions will certainly be alot more challenging on multiple characters.

To Sagittare - I know changes to programming are not as simple as flicking a switch and also am well aware of the cost for programmers' time and testing. Having taught computer use, computer programming, and been an educator for computerized accounting since the days of dos machines with 8 inch floppy disks I am certainly well aware that programming is a complicated, time consuming process. It would be nice if people, like yourself, did not always seem to assume that the person asking such a question is totally ignorant. Thank you.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Essentially correct, though what I'm saying is slightly stronger: the achievement system was never meant to be account wide at all. Anything we can do to make it seem account wide is a combination of luck and good engineering toward a flexible system.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWhiteDove View Post
    Or perhaps it did, in that I gather from the response, all of the achievements for the minions were set up orginaly to be character based and the one achievment for number collected was converted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast