+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By asianguywithacamera

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fix the sparkles : Sparkles not being awarded for wf and experts

Default Fix the sparkles : Sparkles not being awarded for wf and experts

It's not every time, but it's happening.

It shows " You recieved Faelight Sparkle Cache " which is supposed to have 10 sparkles. If working correctly, they are in the rift loot bag.

However, It's just not working sometimes. I put a ticket in earlier when I saw it happen. It just happened again. Won a wf, should be getting sparkles.... Log says I've got a cache, but there's nothing in my rift loot bag.

On my rogue I have 8 wf wins and 19 experts for the week and only have 200 sparkles ( picked up quest right when it was available w\ 7/7 bonus )
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

If you're dead at the end, you won't get the loot.

Tldr; afkers at spawn get all the loot, people that play, die, and win get screwed.

Sword of Telara

Yep, exactly as ^^^ says, if you are dead at the end, no soup for you!

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

This is fixed in the next hot fix I believe.

General of Telara

I'm pretty sure I was not dead at the end of the warfront (and yes we won, got the other chest and currency), chat told me I got the cache, but nothing appeared anywhere, amount of sparkles unchanges. No idea how many I've lost already, I'm at a meager 144 and will probably not make the quest even once at this rate...

Really this whole festival stuff truly sticks to the "nightmare" theme of this expansion, the last few weeks have probably been the least enjoyable in Rift so far, this game now just knows how to screw me (and other players of course) over and over again.

Once the next hotfix changes it to 4 sparkles per wf/dungeon non-charge, it should be manageable (instead of the current 1 sparkle).

Shadowlander

Happened to me last night on wf. Live chat fixed it for me. Hopefully they do the same for you.

I don't know how stuff like this happens. Every second quest in this game is a collect x things to complete it. Why did this ridiculously grindy quest fail?

Soulwalker

I've buy 10 expert charges to try finish the sparkle quest this week, i've lost 3 caches because i rush expert with pick up group and died at the end; i tried to speak about it with the french live chat, they just laugh at my face telling me there is no bug in this quest and let me supposed i'm a big lier.
    I paid with real money for this, and the answer is just not acceptable.

In the same way, i win the dps trinket in the return of empyrean core, but it doesn't appear in my bag, tried to speak with the french live chat, the answer was, yes we can see it in the log, we will refund it in your bag, the big troll: they gave me the trinket 60 level of empyrean core....

Prophet of Telara

I can confirm that it doesn't only happen if you die at end of warfront. It happens even if you win and you are alive. It will say you received the sparkles but you don't actually receive it and if you had sparkles in your rift loot bag and try to claim it it will say you claimed it and you will not receive them as well if you got the bug from the cache. I lost a few sparkles like 2-3 from events and the cache sparkles when I got the bug. Not just the cache sparkles.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This is fixed in the next hot fix I believe.
    Will you also retroactively grant the Sparkles that have been lost automatically (unless you finished the quest since that)? Or does everyone need to submit a petition who thinks he might be affected? A guild mate said the GM could see how many particles were lost.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by kadury View Post
    I've buy 10 expert charges to try finish the sparkle quest this week, i've lost 3 caches because i rush expert with pick up group and died at the end; i tried to speak about it with the french live chat, they just laugh at my face telling me there is no bug in this quest and let me supposed i'm a big lier.
    I paid with real money for this, and the answer is just not acceptable.

In the same way, i win the dps trinket in the return of empyrean core, but it doesn't appear in my bag, tried to speak with the french live chat, the answer was, yes we can see it in the log, we will refund it in your bag, the big troll: they gave me the trinket 60 level of empyrean core....
    Daglar, step up for this guy and investigate this issue. He paid for dungeon charges and Trion's failure to do QA has cost him progress on this massive grind and your live chat (which is also a paid service) then goes out of their way to disrespect him?

You've got to be kidding me, there is no way this would be acceptable at any company.

+ Reply to Thread