+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree22Likes
  • 11 Post By Salvatrix
  • 5 Post By Wing man
  • 2 Post By Yali
  • 1 Post By dbe
  • 3 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DEVS - Fay Yue quest BUGGED

Rift Master

Default DEVS - Fay Yue quest BUGGED

Guys, under the Fae Yue quest Rift Closed!, any two rifts closed will give you 25 Snowflakes and a Bell.

However upon closing two NM5 level rifts, the quest doesn't update. If you do the 2 rifts closed quest in Tarken Rise, that quest will update however if you do NM's.

So calling FOUL on this one and hope to see a patch come Wed for this problem child.
    \

Plane Touched

Got that quest this morning did NM rifts all day none registered towards it.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    So calling FOUL on this one and hope to see a patch come Wed for this problem child.
    Heh, you were almost out of luck - Monday is the cutoff for the weekly patch, and by the time you posted this I was already home. But since I love you all, I logged into work and made the fix from home - it should make the patch.

Obviously this daily predates the Nightmare rifts, and I just didn't think about this one. Just to be safe, I went and made sure the other repeating world event dailies would not be similarly afflicted when they rolled around.

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Heh, you were almost out of luck - Monday is the cutoff for the weekly patch, and by the time you posted this I was already home. But since I love you all, I logged into work and made the fix from home - it should make the patch.

Obviously this daily predates the Nightmare rifts, and I just didn't think about this one. Just to be safe, I went and made sure the other repeating world event dailies would not be similarly afflicted when they rolled around.

Thanks for the heads up!

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE is the kind of communication and "little things" that devs do which keeps the candle of faith alive in this game. I can scroll 20 pages of the WoW forums and not find a single dev comment unless its to defend their narrow train of thought. We got those here too, but good posts/devs like Tacitus help bring balance to them.

Champion

I logged into work and made the fix from home - [...]

dbe
    General of Telara

Thanks for the heads up!
    I filed this bug using the in-game bug report 3 days ago!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

Quote Originally Posted by dbe View Post
    I filed this bug using the in-game bug report 3 days ago!
    I _LOVE_ the in-game reporting system. I am one off the devs that does look at them often, and have done so since launch. MANY things get fixed as a result of in-game bug reports. However I could not begin to describe the volume of reports that come into that system on a daily basis and the vast majority of it is not actionable (or sometimes comprehensible). The signal to noise ratio is very poor.

I _LOVE_ the in-game reporting system. I am one off the devs that does look at them often, and have done so since launch. MANY things get fixed as a result of in-game bug reports. However I could not begin to describe the volume of reports that come into that system on a daily basis and the vast majority of it is not actionable (or sometimes comprehensible). The signal to noise ratio is very poor.
    As someone who routinely uses it, and to maybe help others:

What info do you want to see in these things that would facilitate devs being able to act on them? Bare minimum versus your ideal bug report...

Help us improve the signal-to-noise ratio, as it were.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    As someone who routinely uses it, and to maybe help others:

What info do you want to see in these things that would facilitate devs being able to act on them? Bare minimum versus your ideal bug report...

Help us improve the signal-to-noise ratio, as it were.
    I would bet good money that the players who care to actually submit bug reports generally at least do a passable job of it. The problem is more likely the number of people who use the same form for airing out their grievances in a non-constructive manner (ie: "You changed X and now it sucks").

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Ixian View Post
    I would bet good money that the players who care to actually submit bug reports generally at least do a passable job of it. The problem is more likely the number of people who use the same form for airing out their grievances in a non-constructive manner (ie: "You changed X and now it sucks").
    Yep, pretty much this. It isn't that the useful reports aren't written well (well, ok sometimes that is a problem too), but more that people use the opportunity for an in-game feedback tool to write... all sorts of things. All sorts. >.<

Yep, pretty much this. It isn't that the useful reports aren't written well (well, ok sometimes that is a problem too), but more that people use the opportunity for an in-game feedback tool to write... all sorts of things. All sorts. >.<
    Thank you for not telling us more.... I CAN imagine however. When I use the in-game bug report function, I typically give toon name/shard, where I was, what I was doing, what I expected to happen, what DID happen (or what did NOT happen, depending).

If other info is wanted, I'd appreciate knowing.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Lemme guess. You're getting Cyril/Orphiel slashfic via the bug reports.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

+ Reply to Thread