+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Possible bug, with minions ofc

Telaran

Default Possible bug, with minions ofc

So, just tried to claim my minions' adventures today.....when I click "Claim" nothing happens and I get a nice big red message saying "The Adventure is not Claimable." It's doing it to all 5 of them, tried re-logging, than tried re-logging completely by closing glyph and restarting it. Still nothing. Even tried it on multiple characters.

Anyone else seen this issue lately?

Soulwalker

I have this same issue. Can't do anything with minions.

If it helps it occurred after aventurine was refunded for the promo bug and I have the fae yule minion pack and adventures and one of those is stuck.

Torgon on Greybriar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Soryn View Post
    I have this same issue. Can't do anything with minions.

If it helps it occurred after aventurine was refunded for the promo bug and I have the fae yule minion pack and adventures and one of those is stuck.

Torgon on Greybriar

Thanks for the response

And yeah I heard a few others say that as well, was kind of floored to see all 5 minions unclaimable. lol

At least, I hope that is what's causing the issue and not something else.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Have you tried to log on a different character and claim the mission? I looked into it earlier and I think that might fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodis View Post
    Thanks for the response

And yeah I heard a few others say that as well, was kind of floored to see all 5 minions unclaimable. lol

At least, I hope that is what's causing the issue and not something else.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Have you tried to log on a different character and claim the mission? I looked into it earlier and I think that might fix it.
    That was the 1st thing I did when I couldn't claim them on my main, went onto another char. But off the game right now in case that the whole refunding of adventuring is it. Not sure if you can be online or off.

Soulwalker

I tried claiming on a different character. It did not work. I also tried switching shards, no joy there either.

Of note, when I had adventures ticking down, I hurried them.. but could not claim them. When I relogged they had returned to a time ticking down state and my aventurine had returned to the previous total.

Not sure if it is significant.. but the stars on the completed adventures are different for each login. It changes every time.
    Last edited by Soryn; 12-12-2014 at 11:53 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

What's going on is that a version number is on the overlord to keep it from accidentally getting an older version. Normally this works out just fine but it appears that something in the CS command causes it to break in an odd fashion. I'll make sure I've got a fix first thing Monday so it'll be out with the patch on Wednesday.

In the meantime you can try to contact CS. Have them alter your account in any fashion (even if it's just giving and then removing 1 aventurine) while you're offline. Fortunately/unfortunately we've had to do very few CS things with minions so this is the first time we've really seen this bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Soryn View Post
    I tried claiming on a different character. It did not work. I also tried switching shards, no joy there either.

Of note, when I had adventures ticking down, I hurried them.. but could not claim them. When I relogged they had returned to a time ticking down state and my aventurine had returned to the previous total.

Not sure if it is significant.. but the stars on the completed adventures are different for each login. It changes every time.

Telaran

update: Just logged back on to see if I could claim them yet, still nothing. (tried it on multiple characters, as well as logging into other shards.)
    Last edited by Zodis; 12-13-2014 at 12:43 AM.

having exact same issue, am UK based player so not sure if I will be able to contact CS - will simply submitting a ticket be enough?

little disappointed actually as was really looking forward to my only full weekend between now and mid January where I can actually do some fae yule stuff and was aiming for the achieve.

not to worry though....can try dungeons instead

Is the bug linked in anyway to buying that minion yule pack?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    having exact same issue, am UK based player so not sure if I will be able to contact CS - will simply submitting a ticket be enough?

little disappointed actually as was really looking forward to my only full weekend between now and mid January where I can actually do some fae yule stuff and was aiming for the achieve.

That sucks man

And as for the question, no. it does not. (Didn't buy anything and still got stuck with this issue)

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

It seems to be effective some people who got refunds from the broken promotional adventures.

hmm I see, I had 5 of those promo adventures that I handed in and was a bit surprised at just getting snowflakes (from 10hour adventures) and saw that they had since been disabled but would this cause the minions to stop altogether?

Possible suggestion for future: an option to cancel a minion adventure if you do not want to claim the reward? (I know that seems somewhat mental but - would get round this kind of issue).

anyway thanks for getting back to me with that info.

Telaran

hmm I see, I had 5 of those promo adventures that I handed in and was a bit surprised at just getting snowflakes (from 10hour adventures) and saw that they had since been disabled but would this cause the minions to stop altogether?

Possible suggestion for future: an option to cancel a minion adventure if you do not want to claim the reward? (I know that seems somewhat mental but - would get round this kind of issue).

I got the same rewards, was surprised when I saw that tbh lol....expected a weapon skin, a dark icicle, or something else....but just....snowflakes....25 at the most.

And canceling sounds cool, but would it return aventurine? and if so, would the rate be 25%, 50%, 75% of the spent aventurine? (if used on the 10hrs) [This would also be a work-around if there is no refresh button added]

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

For technical reasons it'd be very difficult (to the point of not being worth it) to allow you to cancel when you see the rewards you get (i.e. after you hit claim).

It'd be possible I suppose to do it prior to hitting claim but I suspect that's honestly not a good use of time. After all how frequently would a cancel button be used? I suspect not very. In this particular case where the adventure was broken we were able to disable it quite quickly and refunded those who did it.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

EDIT: This issue should now be fixed. Anyone who's been experiencing this bug should be able to access minions normally. If you see strangeness attempt to log out and back in.

For anyone who received a refund doing 10hr Promotional Fae Yule adventures and are now in a broken state, please message me your character and server. With this information I can attempt to fix your overlord on Monday when i get into the office instead of making you wait for the next hotfix. That is of course assuming CS can't correct the issue before then. I'll be private messaging those who've posted in the thread but I want anyone else who comes here with the problem to see this as well.
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 12-15-2014 at 11:40 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast