+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: EU Late Update Wasted dungeons/warfront charges

Exclamation EU Late Update Wasted dungeons/warfront charges

So,

this morning, we, EU shards players, discovered the faelight sparkle, the problem is, yesterday was the reset, and we all wasted our dungeons and warfront charges yesterday.

Fix it, either give us a full charges, or give us the sparkle we should have gained for our charges.

I seriously hope EU community will wake up and support this thread so we can have this issue fixed quickly.

(Some people are wondering of raids bosses have conditionals chests, if there's, people who did some raid yesterday wasted also some loots, this HAS to be address)

Champion of Telara

Only if they reduce your Expert and Raid mark by the amount you'd get by those charges. Otherwise it's an exploit.

Telaran

As far as I know there was no bonus chest/loot on raid bosses.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by starg View Post
    So,

this morning, we, EU shards players, discovered the faelight sparkle, the problem is, yesterday was the reset, and we all wasted our dungeons and warfront charges yesterday.

Fix it, either give us a full charges, or give us the sparkle we should have gained for our charges.

I seriously hope EU community will wake up and support this thread so we can have this issue fixed quickly.

(Some people are wondering of raids bosses have conditionals chests, if there's, people who did some raid yesterday wasted also some loots, this HAS to be address)

This.

I like to do all my 7 WF charges on the reset day and i have also done a bunch of expert yesterday, so i have lost over 100 sparkle cause the patch always happens the day after the reset for europe.
    Not only that but i did not had a change to get the new trove in my patron weekly gift since i have open mine yesterday.

Just receive an answer from dagler saying :

Nothing will be done.

So EU has to stick with having late update, and having this huge slap in the face.

I don't understand this policy.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

So,

There are no additional rewards from raid bosses.

We will not be giving any charges for people that spent theirs yesterday, the day before, or any other previous day. Players spend their charges on different days of the week - most are actually spent on the weekend.

As per another thread, we will very likely be reducing / removing the bonus sparkles for using a charge to complete a dungeon/warfront for next week.

~Daglar

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Just receive an answer from dagler saying :

Nothing will be done.

So EU has to stick with having late update, and having this huge slap in the face.

I don't understand this policy.
    It has nothing to do with receiving a "late update" - it has everything to do with users spending their charges at their own rate - on their own time. There is not some magical reset of 7 charges on Wed.

Most charges are actually spent on the weekend in bulk.

By your current logic by adding this quest, we should give everyone in the game full charges. That is not the case, I am sorry.

~Daglar

Same for me, spent all of my warfront charges yesterday to find out this morning that i would have earned 100 additional sparkles if i would have done them today, which is 20% of the quest.
    Thanks trion.
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

Some people spend their charges on reset for the currency cap and to use their patron charges bonus.

That's why the patch should have been done like the last patch, just before the weekly reset.

At least put the detail of how get the sparkles in the patch note or a message on the forum before the patch done or in the same time, to deal with thursday patch.

And yes there is a magic patron 3 charges warfront/dungeon button on wednesday... Sorry to be patron at your game it's my fault for sur.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As per another thread, we will very likely be reducing / removing the bonus sparkles for using a charge to complete a dungeon/warfront for next week.

~Daglar
    I read that other thread, too, and I have a serious question: does that mean that the 500 sparkles will have to be obtained just via the 1-sparkle payout methods plus the sometimes lucky 5 from cq? It's already nearly impossible to complete in a week (without buying extra charges, I get some people's concern about buying gear), I've done the math. If you take out the bonus sparkles from charges then it will require an even more insane amount of grinding. In my opinion, unless additional methods for adding sparkles are added, requiring a player to grind 500 dungeons/warfronts/zone events (at a payout of 1 sparkle each, which is what it would take without the bonus from the charges) or slightly fewer and hope for some cq wins (which would take away from time needed for those 500 dungeons/warfronts/events), yet still calling it a weekly, is disingenuous. If you assumed someone had a super dungeon group that could complete a random in 10 minutes (which almost nobody has, it's a beyond unrealistically low number, on purpose), it would still take around 84 hours of doing dungeons/week to complete 500. Given that most dungeon groups, even with skilled players, take 15-20 minutes, and with pugs could be an hour (granted, the nerf this week, haven't done any pugs since then), that's 150+ hours needed for the sparkle weekly, at 1 sparkle/run, assuming you have that awesome group to run with. There's only 168 hours in a week...

So that's my concern. If you're reducing the amount of sparkles we can earn by eliminating bonus sparkles from charges, there needs to be other changes to balance the time needed. It's already a huge timesink (I'm sure you guys ran the numbers), it doesn't need to be multiplied by a huge amount.
    Last edited by Serein; 12-11-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    It's already nearly impossible to complete in a week (without buying extra charges, I get some people's concern about buying gear), I've done the math.
    It's not really intended to be completed in a week, although that option is available. As Daglar said in another thread (paraphrasing) "With great effort comes great rewards".
    Last edited by Ocho; 12-11-2014 at 11:15 AM.

How EU players can do this "great effort", knowing lot of us already burned charges yesterday ?
    Last edited by starg; 12-11-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    It's not really intended to be completed in a week, although that option is available. As Daglar said in another thread (paraphrasing) "With great effort comes great rewards".
    The big concern that I can definitely see is that awarding 10/charge makes the quest reasonable to complete over 3 weeks. For non-patrons, 14 charges/week (7 pvp and 7 dungeon) mean 140 sparkles, which over 3 weeks would be 420 sparkles/500 with the remainder being acquired elsewhere (completing additional dungeons, warfronts, CQ, etc).

If the sparkles awarded per charge are reduced to 1 like any normal dungeon completion, then players would have to complete an enormous combination of wfs, dungeons, and zone events/CQ to even complete the quest. If you think about it, 1 sparkle per completion would mean completing 500 dungeons/warfronts (and you have to WIN the warfront) or win 100 matches of conquest. That's over 100 dungeons/warfronts a week which is not particularly reasonable.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    The big concern that I can definitely see is that awarding 10/charge makes the quest reasonable to complete over 3 weeks. For non-patrons, 14 charges/week (7 pvp and 7 dungeon) mean 140 sparkles, which over 3 weeks would be 420 sparkles/500 with the remainder being acquired elsewhere (completing additional dungeons, warfronts, CQ, etc).

If the sparkles awarded per charge are reduced to 1 like any normal dungeon completion, then players would have to complete an enormous combination of wfs, dungeons, and zone events/CQ to even complete the quest. If you think about it, 1 sparkle per completion would mean completing 500 dungeons/warfronts (and you have to WIN the warfront) or win 100 matches of conquest. That's over 100 dungeons/warfronts a week which is not particularly reasonable.
    The values are being tweaked, it will not be 1. This however is off topic for this thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast