+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Faeblight Sparkle - A clear cash grab for raid gear

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

Is this a grindy quest? Yes, it is a grindy quest for an item that the target audience of the quest normally does not have access to. It is 100% intended to take time and effort.

~Daglar
    If I could hazard a question-is the quest actually intended to be a weekly then, or is it a one-time holiday quest? I think if it were only available for completion once, that'd be more in line with the mentality of allowing many people to work towards a reward they may not normally have access to (due to not raiding, etc). If it's a true weekly quest that can be completed multiple times, then that definitely opens up money playing a factor in allowing those with the gumption and deeper pockets to completing this multiple times.

Also, while you may not be at liberty to answer this, is there any official word on what the loot table for those boxes will be? I realize that if you outright say "yes, it can contain Threngar loot" then it could push those deep-pocketed investors into charging their way to multiple completions, but I'm sure it's a question on many people's minds.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    If I could hazard a question-is the quest actually intended to be a weekly then, or is it a one-time holiday quest? I think if it were only available for completion once, that'd be more in line with the mentality of allowing many people to work towards a reward they may not normally have access to (due to not raiding, etc). If it's a true weekly quest that can be completed multiple times, then that definitely opens up money playing a factor in allowing those with the gumption and deeper pockets to completing this multiple times.

Also, while you may not be at liberty to answer this, is there any official word on what the loot table for those boxes will be? I realize that if you outright say "yes, it can contain Threngar loot" then it could push those deep-pocketed investors into charging their way to multiple completions, but I'm sure it's a question on many people's minds.
    It is a weekly quest, that is unlikely to be completed in a week. If someone wants to invest the time in completing it multiple times, they will receive the reward multiple times. Large Effort --> Large Reward.

I actually do not know the full details of the contents of the chest. I know it does not contain relic weapons etc, so I believe it is a cut down version of the drops available.

~Daglar

I am pretty disappointed in this event so far and its only Thursday. Not even the normal late afternoon time frame most of these events actually kick off any extra daily activities.

I did one zone boss last night before logging off and got one single sparkle. One...which fits in with the information provided about how much is dropped from a given event.

Where are the fun events? All I ever see any more are grind events for things that I never obtain because I do not grind ...I refuse to grind. Not fun to grind...so I play the game the way I find enjoyable. Of course, playing the game the way I find fun means I do not receive much of anything....a few 61-63 greens (I am already 65) and these are from the plane of water events.

Soulwalker

what about the european servers where the people used the random charges on Wednesday without knowing nothing about this weekly and lost a lot of sparkle ?

Telaran

It is a weekly quest, that is unlikely to be completed in a week. If someone wants to invest the time in completing it multiple times, they will receive the reward multiple times. Large Effort --> Large Reward.

I actually do not know the full details of the contents of the chest. I know it does not contain relic weapons etc, so I believe it is a cut down version of the drops available.

~Daglar
    This is great to know-thanks Daglar.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    I am pretty disappointed in this event so far and its only Thursday. Not even the normal late afternoon time frame most of these events actually kick off any extra daily activities.

I did one zone boss last night before logging off and got one single sparkle. One...which fits in with the information provided about how much is dropped from a given event.

Where are the fun events? All I ever see any more are grind events for things that I never obtain because I do not grind ...I refuse to grind. Not fun to grind...so I play the game the way I find enjoyable. Of course, playing the game the way I find fun means I do not receive much of anything....a few 61-63 greens (I am already 65) and these are from the plane of water events.
    The event doesn't actually start until today around 3:30 server time I believe (if it's like previous events).

~Daglar
    I'm fine with that however buying charges != Large Effort. Remove the credit card hero aspect and people wouldn't be upset.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    I'm fine with that however buying charges != Large Effort. Remove the credit card hero aspect and people wouldn't be upset.
    Daglar said earlier that they will likely be reducing the amount of sparkles obtained with charges, which would eliminate/alleviate that pay aspect.

Edit: Although, I just realized that if that's removed then the grind aspect will become extraordinary, haha.
    Last edited by Zaphkiel; 12-11-2014 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    The event doesn't actually start until today around 3:30 server time I believe (if it's like previous events).
    That is what I was referring to in my post. But if it does not start until the 3:30 server time, how come I got a sparkle last night from a zone boss event.??

I figured there were more events to be triggered once the 3:30 server time passed today...but from what I've been reading, its all going to be a major grind fest. I am not fond of grind fests.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 12-11-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    That is what I was referring to in my post. But if it does not start until the 3:30 server time, how come I got a sparkle last night from a zone boss event.??

I figured there were more events to be triggered once the 3:30 server time passed today...but from what I've been reading, its all going to be a major grind fest. I am not fond of grind fests.
    I think the faelight sparkles are specific to that one quest, which you're right-will require quite a grind. The rest of the event will be using the traditional Fae Yule currency, which are the icicles and snowflakes (available today once the event starts with its own set of quests-dailies, etc).

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #41

Hey folks, a little reminder.

Most folks in this thread have expressed themselves well and signified their concerns with this quest. That's great. There is nothing better than people telling us what they want, and that feedback is specifically being looked at in connection with this case.

A few others have gone beyond that, either a little or a lot. If you're unhappy with something that's great: express it in a way that moves the conversation forward. Give us details, give us reasons, give examples of what you'd like changed. That helps us make the game you want to play.

On the other hand if you want to take potshots at members of the team or just say "Hey, you guys suck!" then don't post it. It's not helpful, it's not constructive, it's just ranting. It doesn't help us learn what you want, and it's a violation of the forum rules. That just wastes the moderators time and increases your frustration when they have to do something about it.

TL;DR: Feedback is helpful, especially if you're unhappy with something. Being offensive about it isn't.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

The only thing i agree with from the original post is making this a one time quest and not a weekly.

I really dont care what people spend money on. I personally work so much I would be lucky to use all my charges so this quest would easily take me more than a week.
    Last edited by Sargonnas_KoA; 12-11-2014 at 10:42 AM.

Soulwalker

Yep, I'll chat with some folks or hop in and make the change myself later today for next week. We had previously talked about adding a few sparkles as quest rewards as well, so I'll reopen that discussion. That said - it's going to be a large time investment and not everyone may complete it in a single week.

~Daglar
    That's good to know thanks.

Default Thank you.

Some days, it does not pay to get out of bed, and read the forums where we are told that everything we do is intended as a cash grab. It is a little disheartening.
    Is this a grindy quest? Yes, it is a grindy quest for an item that the target audience of the quest normally does not have access to. It is 100% intended to take time and effort.

~Daglar
    I'm sorry... really sorry.. some days it must feel like at best a mosh pit or a trip to hell for the team and you.

Be heartened that many support and enjoy you and your phenomenal team's work, passion, and commitment and we don't say so enough. You know, good news doesn't sell.
    Dizbo

The /intent/ was to allow people to spend a large amount of time obtaining gear during the holiday that they normally could not obtain and see the reaction to changing where some of the rewards in the game come from / create alternate routes to good rewards for more players.
    ~Daglar
    I understand the original intent and I like it. It's bad that people out there might abuse this event but that is to be expected with anything. People always find a way to circumvent the system.

I know I've been personally asking for ways that pvp and causal players can have access to raid equipment and this is a neat opportunity. No matter what you do people aren't going to be happy or complain but know there are people who appreciate the intent.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast