+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: minions mission

You'll know when you see the special fae yule missions. They have a really long title and just stand out in general to the other missions

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #32
    Rift Team

The adventure pack, while Fae Yule themed is not limited by date. You could conceivably get Grandfather Frost in July.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    How is it a bad design? Its only a 8 hour mission. It costs nothing to run the mission. The event lasts for SEVERAL weeks. A simple 8 hour mission does not take up the 16-18 hours out of the day that you will spend being awake. The missions were designed for players to work their way up to Grandfather Frost over the course of the event. Players with a stockpile of Adventurine will of course aquire him quicker. I personally burned through 6k+ adventuring unlocking him. It took me maybe 1~ hour to aquire him using 5 adventure slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    You'll know when you see the special fae yule missions. They have a really long title and just stand out in general to the other missions
    A LOT of these have super long titles and there is no indication if it is a STORY or a FAE YULE them.. so, does it specially state FAE YULE in it? or how will you know its part of the story.. Sorry for being a bit dense !
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

I don't get the missions anymore so don't remember what they look like but I want to say they have a different background than the other cards.

Example:

Dimension cards show keys/chest
    Ore/Plant cards show wood/ore etc.
    Cloth, Salvage & Runecrafting cards show a red cloth/blue crystal

I want to say the fae yule missions have a pumkin on them? Or perhaps when they are on the mission it will show a pumpkin. You'll know its a fae yule mission because it has a different background picture than the other cards. It sticks out as something "different"

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    so, does it specially state FAE YULE in it?
    yes below the minion portrait

thanks all for the info ! sorry for being a noob.

I just found a couple of them actually.. I didn't get rewarded anything but snowflakes.. Is that the way it goes and the minions are just random? Or is there some story questline that appears in your log if you are doing it correctly? That would kinda be cool, if in fact they made it that way.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

You periodically aquire the minions the further you get into the missions. Since there are 18 total missions you'll get all 5 of them eventually. I might be wrong on this but I THINK I ONLY obtained the missions on the 8hr missions. There were some 8hr missions where I didn't get a minion because they might of jus been filler missions.

Rift Disciple

I did an 8 hour Fae Yule mission, I got a whole 14 snowflakes. Did a 15 min Fae Yule mission got 25 snowflakes.....something is not right......
    Guild leader of Temporal Insurgence http://temporalinsurgence.guildlaunch.com
    We are like your dysfunctional family, now including your drunk Uncle Walter.
    GSB: Farm RoS: Farm GP: Farm DH:Farm RoTP: Farm HK:11/11 ID: 7/8 PF:4/4 ToTD 4/4 FT: 4/4 EE 5/5 GA 4/4 PBB 2/5 IG 2/3

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Draidiard View Post
    I did an 8 hour Fae Yule mission, I got a whole 14 snowflakes. Did a 15 min Fae Yule mission got 25 snowflakes.....something is not right......
    I hate you, I did a 10hr Fae Yule mission, got a 5 star.....and got 25 snowflakes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3