+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Sparkle Caches Broken

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    10 per random warfront/ random expert 65 dungeon with a charge. 1 without a charge.
    5 for winning CQ and looting the chest.
    1 for zone events right now.

~Daglar
    So with 7 dungeon charges and 7 wf charges that's 140 per week. That leaves 360 for the week. Can you tell me with a straight face that you expect us to do 360 zone events or win 72 conquests in a week?

Plane Walker

I will be honest. I assumed this was meant to be done one time throughout the course of the event.

I took the quest when the servers came back up. I then did 1 zone event and won 1 wf (lost about 3 first). Rift bag is empty and 1/500 quest progress. Feel free to verify.

Some quick math...
    • Patrons get 10 expert charges/week, so 100 sparkles
    • Let's say you do 20 additional dungeons/week, so 20 more sparkles
    • Patrons get 10 warfront charges/week, so 100 sparkles
    • Let's say you do 20 additional warfronts/week, so 20 more sparkles
    • Let's say you win 2 CQs/day, which is not unreasonable (though could require many CQs), 70 more sparkles for the week
    • Let's say you do 5 zone events/day, which is not unreasonable if you're grinding them for VS, marks of notoriety, or even the sparkles. Makes 35 more sparkles for the week

So doing all of that, you'd get...345 sparkles per week. Assuming Fae Yule runs 3 weeks, would likely finish the quest 2x during Fae Yule. If it runs 4 weeks, and you do a few extra zone events and such here and there, could finish it 3x. Hell of a lot of grinding required, but...I'll be honest, if this sparkle box thing has a raid drop, most people I know will want to finish it at least 2x, if not every single week it's up.

I DO wish the non-charge wfs/dungeons gave more than 1 (really, 1? Couldn't be like, 2, or 5?), but past world events often leave you with nothing non-fluff to grind past the initial rush, this might actually give you something real that most people want (raid drops) from grinding whatever you like to do in-game.

Maybe NMR could drop 1 sparkle every 10 or 20 stages, since everybody's already grinding those anyway....or have the caches have a chance at them, or something.

Oh, can we get confirmation that the sparkle box thing drops something guaranteed to be for your class? Like, I'm not gonna grind 500 sparkles on my cleric and get a rogue belt, am I?
    Last edited by Serein; 12-10-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

I tried again and won a 2nd wf and it worked as you described. I guess it's just buggy.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    I tried again and won a 2nd wf and it worked as you described. I guess it's just buggy.
    It is definitely buggy, I failed to receive 30 sparkles from WF wins even..It said I was awarded the cache but nothing ever appeared in the Rift loot bag. Happened to me twice in Karthan and once in Ghar Station... The only thing I can think of is that the 3rd time it happened I noticed I was dead when the WF ended, which may have been why I didn't receive them properly.
    Mage Class Lead | RoF: 4/4 MS: 5/5
    I hate Clerics, Rogues(especially Hoss), and people whose names end in z (That means you Zeez!)

Dear Daglar, Can we get more for Zone events please? 1 is kind of absurdly low...
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrin View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that the 3rd time it happened I noticed I was dead when the WF ended, which may have been why I didn't receive them properly.
    Just had this happen to me. I suspect too that it's due to being a dead body when it autoloots the cache, which bugs out and fails to loot to the rift loot bag.

I found mine in my journal ( check quest inventory below journal )

GRINDGRINDGRINDGRIND.

Did I mention GRIND?

Soulwalker

I get my sparklies if I'm alive at the end of the warfront, but just like the others... I am not getting them if I am dead at the end of the warfront. Considering we have to collect 500, it really sucks to have lost 30 due to this glitch...well, assuming it is a glitch. Can we get some acknowledgement on whether or not this is indeed a glitch? If so, will we be getting our sparklies?

Just to clarify.... I checked my quest log crap and all that. It -does- say that I am getting the cache when the warfront ends, but I am not actually receiving the sparklies if I am dead when the match ends.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #27

Quote Originally Posted by Serein View Post
    Oh, can we get confirmation that the sparkle box thing drops something guaranteed to be for your class? Like, I'm not gonna grind 500 sparkles on my cleric and get a rogue belt, am I?
    Yup, all of the loot awarded should be calling specific.

I'll take a look at the issues occurring while dead tomorrow.

Plane Walker

I thought we had a currency cap so people didn't have to do everything and there was some balance in progress... This weekly is a bit of a joke quest if you compare it to the caps.

How is this a weekly? If I start doing this quest am I going to be shafted buy the bugs and my charges wasted? This will be like every other event... "Oh yes we didnt mean to do that here have another free week of more grind"

Also seen the necks & essences in the store and lol'd so hard...
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Ok just failed again. I was alive and well. 1/3 on receiving the 10. I'll just keep tracking it and ticket it once you guys get it together. I really hope you fix these with tickets because the fail rate seems pretty high.

I am going to update an in game ticket as I go but I imagine this is going to get messy fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast