+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Minion Pack - No Portrait Recieved

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    I'm confirming the opposite: "Once you pay for the adventure pack, to get the additional minions you do not need to pay again."

On RNG and the adventure pack: The missions involved in the mission/adventure pack work a little bit differently than your standard adventures.

First: Each adventure in the storyline is set up such that is 99 times more likely to appear than a standard adventure. In practice this means that as soon as you meet the requirements for an adventure pack card that you will see it on the very next card. Occasionally it'll be the second. In my own testing I always had it within the first or second card change.

Second: The adventures in the pack create a storyline. You must complete the current adventure in the storyline before the next is unlocked. Once completed they are done and they will not clog up your 'adventure deck'.

Third: Once the storyline is completed it will unlock a new 1 minute adventure during fae yule. This adventure can be done repeatedly like a normal adventure, and it shows up slightly more frequently. It also grants a small amount of Fae Yule snowflakes.

I hope this clears up any questions regarding the adventure pack.

One question plz cause im a bit confused with the new fae yule adventures
    I bought the adventure pack before fae yule starts. Got my 2 new minions . The fae yule mission card was the second at 1min adventure. It was requiring the new fae yule minion to be complete. I did it. After this every 1 or 2 cards at 1 min adventures i was getting a fae yule mission that gave me as a reward a few snow flakes.
    After that i logged out for a while. But when i logged in i was trying again to get a fae yule mission but none appeared. I did around 10 maybe 1 min mission and none fae yule appeared. Also tried a few 5-15min missions but again no luck. What happened and cant get any more fae yule missions?
    Last edited by simpa1988; 12-11-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    One question plz cause im a bit confused with the new fae yule adventures
    I bought the adventure pack before fae yule starts. Got my 2 new minions . The fae yule mission card was the second at 1min adventure. It was requiring the new fae yule minion to be complete. I did it. After this every 1 or 2 cards at 1 min adventures i was getting a fae yule mission that gave me as a reward a few snow flakes.
    After that i logged out for a while. But when i logged in i was trying again to get a fae yule mission but none appeared. I did around 10 maybe 1 min mission and none fae yule appeared. Also tried a few 5-15min missions but again no luck. What happened and cant get any more fae yule missions?
    They can (and will) appear in the 8-hour missions as well.

Telaran

They are broken and they've been disabled.
    Will anything be done to compensate those who spent aventurine/credits on fae yule promotional missions before they were disabled for being broken? I know I personally spent around 900 credits and over 2k aventurine sending/rushing promotional fae yule missions since I'd thought they were (partly) needed for the extra minion cards.

Or did we basically waste all of that currency?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    They can (and will) appear in the 8-hour missions as well.
    so they will not appear again at 1 min missions? I dont get any fae yule

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    so they will not appear again at 1 min missions? I dont get any fae yule
    Basically what I found is this: the fae yule missions (once you've unlocked them) will begin to randomly appear in the first three slots (excluding promotional missions). Only 1 will appear at a time, but you have to clear out the mission ahead of it in order to make it appear.

For example-the fae yule mission may be in the 1 minute slot a 1-2 times, but then you'll need to do other types of missions in order to make the fae yule missions appear. I did several rounds of the shorter missions (1-15 minutes) to make sure it wasn't going to appear there and then sent out an 8-hour mission, which caused a fae yule 8-hour mission to appear.

You'll have to wait for the 8-hour one to complete before doing the cycle again (checking the two shorter missions for fae yule ones and then doing the 8-hour ones when they're available). All 5 of the minion cards I got were from 8 hour fae yule missions.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team

A few details you're missing:

You are correct that you need to complete one of the Fae Yule Story Adventures before the next comes up. All of the Story adventures exist in the first three 'adventure decks'

There is however no real cycle. You do them, hopefully enjoy the little story and when you're done you gain access to a special Fae Yule adventure 1 minute adventure that gives the standard experience plus some Fae Yule Currency.

These Fae Yule Story Adventures are not the Fae Yule -Promotional- (10 hour) Adventures. Those were disabled, are being fixed and will be re-released.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    Basically what I found is this: the fae yule missions (once you've unlocked them) will begin to randomly appear in the first three slots (excluding promotional missions). Only 1 will appear at a time, but you have to clear out the mission ahead of it in order to make it appear.

For example-the fae yule mission may be in the 1 minute slot a 1-2 times, but then you'll need to do other types of missions in order to make the fae yule missions appear. I did several rounds of the shorter missions (1-15 minutes) to make sure it wasn't going to appear there and then sent out an 8-hour mission, which caused a fae yule 8-hour mission to appear.

You'll have to wait for the 8-hour one to complete before doing the cycle again (checking the two shorter missions for fae yule ones and then doing the 8-hour ones when they're available). All 5 of the minion cards I got were from 8 hour fae yule missions.

Darn it I did the missions and didn't read the story. If anyone has a link to the story please share it. I would love to know what I missed.

Also the other minion cards that come from the story. Do they only drop from that section or do they keep dropping.

Oh ya I love that they keep popping up in one min ones. Just wish it was more often. That way the people who dont want them all year in place of their other goodies dont have to have them. People like me who love them all yeaar will have them.. At least I think that is what I read.

EDIT: you should ask them to make the 1 min show up at 99% during Fae Yule or at least 50% hehe
    Last edited by Kitasia; 12-11-2014 at 02:02 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38
    Rift Team

'Other minion cards that come from the story'

I'm not sure what you're referring to. If you buy the fae yule pack and complete the story you get an additional 1m adventure card.

Then there are 6 promotional (10hr) adventures, these do not require the the fae yule pack. These are currently disabled pending a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    Darn it I did the missions and didn't read the story. If anyone has a link to the story please share it. I would love to know what I missed.

Also the other minion cards that come from the story. Do they only drop from that section or do they keep dropping.

Oh ya I love that they keep popping up in one min ones. Just wish it was more often. That way the people who dont want them all year in place of their other goodies dont have to have them. People like me who love them all yeaar will have them.. At least I think that is what I read.

EDIT: you should ask them to make the 1 min show up at 99% during Fae Yule or at least 50% hehe

I received shard first for a couple of minions one of them was Greatfather Frost while I was doing the adventure ones. No it wasn't the 10 hour ones.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I received shard first for a couple of minions one of them was Greatfather Frost while I was doing the adventure ones. No it wasn't the 10 hour ones.
    As far as I know Greatfather Frost is the last one you receive in the chain (out of 5 total that you can get from missions)-after that there shouldn't be any more 8 hour Fae Yule missions (correct me if I'm wrong) and you'll begin getting just random Fae Yule 1 minute missions
    Last edited by Zaphkiel; 12-11-2014 at 02:42 PM.

Thank you that was what I wanted to know

I don't seem to be seeing a story? Have had a couple of 1 min missions for the Fae Yule minions, one of which mentioned Greatfather Frost being missing on the mission card, but that's it....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I don't seem to be seeing a story? Have had a couple of 1 min missions for the Fae Yule minions, one of which mentioned Greatfather Frost being missing on the mission card, but that's it....
    I had 3 yule missions so far:

1) 1 min Greatfather Frost is missing
    2) 1 min where do we search for him (didn't read that one exactly so not sure if there was more)
    3) 8h Did the spiders took him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    I had 3 yule missions so far:

1) 1 min Greatfather Frost is missing
    2) 1 min where do we search for him (didn't read that one exactly so not sure if there was more)
    3) 8h Did the spiders took him?
    Ah! So the "story" is what you read on the mission card itself. Thanks Lufia.... sometimes I seem to miss how things work.... I appreciate the info!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

They are broken and they've been disabled.
    Any chance you can tell us when they are re-enabled so I can start my 10 hour missions. Gotta keep them boggers going

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast