+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fae Yule Minion Pack - No Portrait Recieved

You have to pay for Fae Yule minion adventures?

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team

With this event we released two sets of adventures:

Promotional adventures like in Autumn Harvest. These provide Fae Yule currency.

A storyline set of adventures that exist only outside of promotional adventures. There's in the area of 17 of them. These are the ones that give you minions. After you complete them it unlocks an 18th adventure in leveling that can be completed and gives a small amount of Fae Yule currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    I've gotten quite a few fae yule minion missions and used pretty much all my aventurine to rush them (in all 4 categories, including several 10-hour ones) and didn't get a single minion card or award aside from unique snowflakes. This was despite 2 of the 10-hour missions being 6-star ones. Am I missing something?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post

A storyline set of adventures that exist only outside of promotional adventures. There's in the area of 17 of them. These are the ones that give you minions. After you complete them it unlocks an 18th adventure in leveling that can be completed and gives a small amount of Fae Yule currency.
    Ah. So I basically wasted all that aventurine on the promotional ones? Sigh.

Plane Walker

Promotional adventures like in Autumn Harvest. These provide Fae Yule currency...
    Like Autumn Harvest, can they return boxes?

If so, is that broken at the moment?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

They are broken and they've been disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    Like Autumn Harvest, can they return boxes?

If so, is that broken at the moment?

Prophet of Telara

So not only do you have to pay to get access to an RNG set of adventures, you don't know which if the timeframes they are in... So does this at least finish no matter how long you take to get all of them done? I am only running 8 hours missions to build adventurine for the "promotional" missions we expect are coming.

They are broken and they've been disabled.
    Any ETA on when the boxes for 10hr promos will come back? I'll probably hold off on spending on the promo until they come back up.

Telaran

You mean the Autumn Harvest adventures that only showed up in the 10hr catagory, requiring either Adventurine or store credits to do?
    Basically, sounds like you're confirming that 'Yes, you have to pay to get the minion missions'.

When I posted earlier I thought it was implied that you had to pay credits to get FY minionventures in the same vein as the AH ones. This is not the case because for one, you can buy them with dark icicles + unique snowflakes.
    Not sure about the like-AH minionventures yet. I think it will be just like AH which is fine. Then the story minventures?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    So not only do you have to pay to get access to an RNG set of adventures, you don't know which if the timeframes they are in... So does this at least finish no matter how long you take to get all of them done? I am only running 8 hours missions to build adventurine for the "promotional" missions we expect are coming.
    You can get the RNG set of adventures without paying for it. You can choose to either pay credits 1350 to get it right away, or gather the festival currency for it first and get it that way.

And them then appearing in any possible slot has plus and downsides. Downside: less predictable. Plusside: if it was only in the 10 slot it would share spots with the promotional one, you would have to pay (credits adventurine) to do them and do the 10 hour adventures not being them to get them to show. The other slots don't and take less time.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Plane Touched

Would it also be possible to find out how long this purchase will last?
    Is it 1350 credits for access to the Yule story minion missions permanently so they can be completed year round, or is it paying 1350 credits then the missions will vanish after Fae Yule finishes?

I'm not too keen on paying for a pack which potentially has part of its content removed after a limited time but would if it was permanent.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Belila View Post
    Would it also be possible to find out how long this purchase will last?
    Is it 1350 credits for access to the Yule story minion missions permanently so they can be completed year round, or is it paying 1350 credits then the missions will vanish after Fae Yule finishes?

I'm not too keen on paying for a pack which potentially has part of its content removed after a limited time but would if it was permanent.
    I sure hope it isn't permanent as in the adventures popping up all year round even if the festival is gone. I am assuming, but not knowing that the adventures will go away when Fae yule does. I sure hope it does in fact. As at any other time of year I have no use for the yule festival currency as there is nothing to spend them on.

Also they will then clog up adventure spots when I don't want them. It's most likely that the adventures will be switched off when the event is, makes little sense otherwise. I don't know about next years fae yule. If the 17 adventures specific to this unlock are done and a one time only thing (makes sense) and you are getting the 18th fae yule repeatable currency one. it makes sense that you get that again next year straight away as it's unlocked with the buy this year. Then again next year might bring it's own new unlock again in the store on top of this one. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Serathe; 12-11-2014 at 05:11 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    I sure hope it isn't permanent as in the adventures popping up all year round even if the festival is gone. I am assuming, but not knowing that the adventures will go away when Fae yule does. I sure hope it does in fact. As at any other time of year I have no use for the yule festival currency as there is nothing to spend them on.

Also they will then clog up adventure spots when I don't want them. It's most likely that the adventures will be switched off when the event is, makes little sense otherwise. I don't know about next years fae yule. If the 17 adventures specific to this unlock are done and a one time only thing (makes sense) and you are getting the 18th fae yule repeatable currency one. it makes sense that you get that again next year straight away as it's unlocked with the buy this year. Then again next year might bring it's own new unlock again in the store on top of this one. Time will tell.
    From my point of view it would be helpful to be able to stockpile the Yule currency outside of the event as I don't have a great deal of time to dedicate to farming it. The current adventures have limited use for me at the minute either awarding mats or dimension items I don't use, artifacts I do, or notoriety that is nice but can be gain quicker elsewhere. With the Yule currency being the same each year this will be useful to me and with the option to skip over adventures being added soon I would choose to skip over the current ones where folks who did want snowflakes etc could skip those.

my gift portrait isn't showing up as a option either, and I didn't buy my adv pack till today

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

I'm confirming the opposite: "Once you pay for the adventure pack, to get the additional minions you do not need to pay again."

On RNG and the adventure pack: The missions involved in the mission/adventure pack work a little bit differently than your standard adventures.

First: Each adventure in the storyline is set up such that is 99 times more likely to appear than a standard adventure. In practice this means that as soon as you meet the requirements for an adventure pack card that you will see it on the very next card. Occasionally it'll be the second. In my own testing I always had it within the first or second card change.

Second: The adventures in the pack create a storyline. You must complete the current adventure in the storyline before the next is unlocked. Once completed they are done and they will not clog up your 'adventure deck'.

Third: Once the storyline is completed it will unlock a new 1 minute adventure during fae yule. This adventure can be done repeatedly like a normal adventure, and it shows up slightly more frequently. It also grants a small amount of Fae Yule snowflakes.

I hope this clears up any questions regarding the adventure pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpis View Post
    You mean the Autumn Harvest adventures that only showed up in the 10hr catagory, requiring either Adventurine or store credits to do?
    Basically, sounds like you're confirming that 'Yes, you have to pay to get the minion missions'.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast