+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Task rewards nerfed into oblivion?

Plane Touched

Default Minion Task rewards nerfed into oblivion?

After the patch, I came in to check my 8 and 10 hour minion tasks.

The patch notes said they were "fixing" them (I assume now in the veterinarian sense), but I didn't expect them to be 1/10th of the previous rewards.

Prior to this patch, a 5 star 8h ore return was ~20 thalisite. Today's 8h return was 2. Other materials were similarly shrunk (cloth, fish, etc.). Obviously, I didn't have enough of a sample to say it was exactly 1/10th. However, all my tasks this morning were 8h or 10h ones. They were all the ore/fish types (1 was notoriety). All were substantially lower than expected. I didn't record exact amounts pre/post, as I wasn't expecting this drastic a change, but definitely perked up on the ore return.

I have no idea what a 15/5 min task will return when 8h/10h returns so little.

I admit that the previous minion returns seemed a bit "rich"; almost to the point where it discouraged open world collection. However, this much of a nerf for the top tasks feels like it will hurt the minion system.

Did this go too far? Was my minions sideswiped by the fact that they went out in the old and came back in the new (and thus new tasks will be more reasonable)? We'll have to see as more come back, later today.

In the meantime, unless I'm an outlier, it appears minions have some coal for our stockings.

Thurfor

Prophet of Telara

Wow, these have been nerfed to complete uselessness now. If they are going to net practically nothing, then the gathering mission should be removed completely.

This is from a 6 star 8 hour mission:

2 thalasite ore
    1 thalasite crystal
    2 Sarleaf
    2 Risarian Minim

That is well beyond a nerf and into complete destruction of worth...

Plane Touched

Noooooooo. My plat farm
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

You have to admit minions are part of the reason the economy is tanked.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    This is from a 6 star 8 hour mission:

2 thalasite ore
    1 thalasite crystal
    2 Sarleaf
    2 Risarian Minim
    I got similar rewards this morning. Out of my 4 8hrs rewards (all 4-6 stars), I got 2 artifacts, 1 ore and 1 fish. I also got a 3 Star dimension box out of a 5 stars reward. There's no way this is intended.
    Undaunted - 5/5 MS - 4/4 RoF - 2/3 TF - 10/11 HK - 4/4 IGP HM

Sword of Telara

<shrug> Guess this is a good thing, I won't feel compelled to ever send a minion out on a mission again.

Rift Chaser

Rewards are weird. Don't recall the stars for most (probably 3-5) but so far I have got

8h artifact - one white artifact
    8h artifact - one attanium (no artifacts)
    5 min artifact - one white and one green
    15 min artifact - one blue and one attanium (6 star on that one)
    15 min artifact - one white and one green (4 star)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    The Economy tanks for many reasons other than just minions. Although I do agree with some posts here, nerfing them this bad sucks ***.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Rewards are weird. Don't recall the stars for most (probably 3-5) but so far I have got

8h artifact - one white artifact
    8h artifact - one attanium (no artifacts)
    5 min artifact - one white and one green
    15 min artifact - one blue and one attanium (6 star on that one)
    15 min artifact - one white and one green (4 star)
    Yeah, I just got one white artifact each from a 4,5-star and a 5-star 8-hour artifact mission. No point in even doing them anymore if that is the normal drop rate now. Since one common artifact is pretty much the minimum return that you could expect from something called an artifact minion mission, might as well only do 5 and 15 minute ones now. If you want to bother at all, that is...

Telaran

Is there any chance for credit refund when I bought 4 additional minion slots or am I just another money in trions pocket?

Telaran

Default lolwut?

so, I just got a 5 star rating on a 10 hour minion mission....and I got 1 white-named artifact. nothing else. bwahahahahahahaha

Plane Touched

That would be my biggest concern. Obviously when you make a purchase, that money is exchanged for certain expectations. If the results change after the exchange occurs, then that is a slight to the consumer. I know it sometimes happens and must happen, but this is a VERY large change. Hopefully it is only short term
    Last edited by ToxicWaltz; 12-10-2014 at 10:45 AM.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Hi everyone! I'll be making a longer post on this, but the short version is that the crafting mat nerfs was more than intended and we intend to get an improvement out to live servers soon.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Hi everyone! I'll be making a longer post on this, but the short version is that the crafting mat nerfs was more than intended and we intend to get an improvement out to live servers soon.
    Well thats it at least something,

But if the nerf is even something like 30%, what about refunds?

When I buy the soul pack from store for credits, and later you reduce the number of 4 extra souls to 3, would that be ok?

I am really unhappy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    No, not even remotely. There are so few crafting options that are worthwhile to make for even minimal profit with this new tier that there is a massive surplus of materials. There are no weeklies, and maxing out on Onir faction occurs rapidly when doing the dailies....which themselves require little materials.

If you consider the previous tier, which includes many more options and sinks for materials, and think about how minions would have affected the market for them, it's fairly easy to understand that minion rewards would not have had much of an affect on that market.

Thankfully, there is finally some attention being focused on crafting for the NT tier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast