+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Task rewards nerfed into oblivion?

Telaran

What I find funny is how Trion at every possible occasion mentioned how successful minion system is and how masses of players are enjoying it. (ie they made big profit from those players)

Later, after numerous articles and small promotions where minions were mentioned as superb feature of the expansion, and thousands of players spent cash/credits on them, they nerf them to the ground.

Be real, majority of players would never spend cash/credits if the rewards were not that high as they were. Simple.

I can not understand how some people in this thread don't see this is shady business tactic.

Rift Disciple

yes i would like a refund of all my minion slots since you have f'ed them up completely as usual trion.
    as the poster above me states, this is a shady business tactic, but then trion really has become a shady company imo
    Last edited by Darkcyn; 12-16-2014 at 07:51 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #258
    Rift Team

I can understand your confusion here as there's two similarly named items:

There's the Fae Yule Minion/Adventure pack that's purchased on the store. This is working just fine. Some people have been a bit confused how exactly to kick things off. But that's the main extent of that issue.

There's the Fae Yule Promotional (10 hr) Adventures: These had an issue with the rewards tables and were disabled very shortly after last Wednesday's hotfix. They will be re-enabled as soon as they're fixed.

Does that clear things up?

Quote Originally Posted by Souldrifter View Post
    it is highly unlikely that anyone would have spend real money on the fae yule minion pack, if they had known, that it has several bugs in it.
    there are a lot of threads reporting problems about the fae yule minion pack right here on the front page.
    perhaps i should see myself lucky, since im still waiting on the first fae yule mission to appear during my daily gametime.
    and i do not know, if they are disabled and in waiting of repairment, or if we have to pay to speed up normal minion adventures to get to the fae yule adventures, we also have payed for.

therefore im asking, what did we pay for and what do we still have to pay for?
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 12-16-2014 at 08:05 AM.

for the fae yule minion part, would it not been better to communicate more information about how the packs work, since there were many players wondering how to get it going?
    this is a bit late for this pack, but may be, when the next pack makes its appearance in the item shop, someone could add more information there or here in the forum?
    and what about the feedback that Yulegon is not advancing his attributes, allthough the level is increasing?

about the normal minion rewards, will we be informed about the comming changes before the patch? and when will we receive the patch?
    I do believe in killing the Messenger.
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #260
    Rift Team

I've been very active in the threads discussing the Fae Yule Minion pack. But as for up front communication, it could've probably done with a bit more description. Another note: If you buy the Fae Yule minion pack now, you won't miss out on the extra minions that are inside as those adventures aren't restricted by time.

Yulegon: He's working as intended currently. There's another minion out there that stays at 1 until the final level. I might change him, I'll need to talk to the designer who put him together so that I don't step on any toes.

Updated Rewards: I believe these are ready for the hot-fix slated for tomorrow. As for exactly how much information to reveal there's folks I need to talk to before I can give too many details. If I do reveal information it'll likely be a post in the "Adventures in Telara" section of the forums.

for the fae yule minion part, would it not been better to communicate more information about how the packs work, since there were many players wondering how to get it going?
    this is a bit late for this pack, but may be, when the next pack makes its appearance in the item shop, someone could add more information there or here in the forum?
    and what about the feedback that Yulegon is not advancing his attributes, allthough the level is increasing?

about the normal minion rewards, will we be informed about the comming changes before the patch? and when will we receive the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nolfster View Post
    What I find funny is how Trion at every possible occasion mentioned how successful minion system is and how masses of players are enjoying it. (ie they made big profit from those players)

Later, after numerous articles and small promotions where minions were mentioned as superb feature of the expansion, and thousands of players spent cash/credits on them, they nerf them to the ground.

Be real, majority of players would never spend cash/credits if the rewards were not that high as they were. Simple.

I can not understand how some people in this thread don't see this is shady business tactic.
    Thanks Snedhepl for the update. Can you reply to this post? I kind of feel the same way. I heard about the Minion system and was intrigued. After buying additional minion slots i'm now to the point (after the nerf) of "buyers remorse" and feel I was "tricked" into buying the additional minion slots since the nerf.

Soulwalker

Default I agree.

"I heard about the Minion system and was intrigued. After buying additional minion slots i'm now to the point (after the nerf) of "buyers remorse" and feel I was "tricked" into buying the additional minion slots since the nerf."

I completely agree, when are we going to get the option to have these slots refunded? or at least a better and more variable system of loot?

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #263
    Rift Team

Long story short: The reward reduction on Wednesday the 10th was significantly more than intended. The bump up that happened a day after was never intended to be final (and it isn't). It's there because we wanted to get things improved but had a very small window of time to do so such and still get out a build the next day.

We're currently testing for the hotfix tomorrow which does include improved crafting rewards.

There's some more detailed information in this post in case you missed it: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4968419

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    Thanks Snedhepl for the update. Can you reply to this post? I kind of feel the same way. I heard about the Minion system and was intrigued. After buying additional minion slots i'm now to the point (after the nerf) of "buyers remorse" and feel I was "tricked" into buying the additional minion slots since the nerf.
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 12-16-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Thanks Snedhepl.

I shall now reserve my judgment and holster my nerd rage for a while to see the outcome of not only this next adjustment but the longer term repair. I figured it was a mistake when my 8 hour minion mission yielded 1 common artifact on a 6 star success.

Hopefully you will find the right balance.

thank you for the informations.
    i think many players would have not been so angry, if there would have been more informations for us before the modifications on the minions.

and contrary to some believes, it is not only about money, we invest more then just money into this game, and when profound alterations take place with no informations or only little bits and pieces, we feel left out standing in the rain.
    this does not justify some reactions seen in this thread, only explains them a little bit.
    have a good day, and thank you.
    Want to know why?

Prophet of Telara

I really hope the bug is fixed where we are getting one artifact from 8 hour missions...

So far the changes are not looking great. It will take a few more days to tell for sure as all of the 10 hour missions I have gotten for 2 days now are fae yule ones, but the 8 hour missions are not looking good, I had a 6 star mission return 3 Thalasite ores, 3 Thalasite crystals, 10 Sarleaf, and 1 Risaria.

For an eight hour six star mission that is really pathetic.

Telaran

They need to put it back like it was.. now they need to radically increase the number of harvestable nodes. There are very few nodes now and i don't really have the time to spend hours looking. I like to do the crafting stuff and dailies. I don't like paying 4p for each mat i use. I know the whiners like getting the plat but i rarely buy mats. So for now my crafting is ended and i will stop using minions since they are worthless now.
    The economy wasn't affected so much by the infusion of mats but by the lack of uses for them I don't mean worthless dimension items or armor and weapons. Usually armor and weapons are a one time sale. What is needed is a lot of consumables to use those mats up.

I too bought the extra minion slots and some minions. Now i really wish i had not. I am getting to the point to where i will not be buying anything anymore. I think that once they put stuff in the game it should stay that way. Stuff needs to be tested instead of just slapping it into the game then fixing it later, that way of doing things just pisses off everyone.
    Quit listening to the whiners, just send them some cheese to go with that whine!

i received one level three and one level four dimension item boxes from six stars minion missions.
    the reward on other minion adventures seem to be improved. the difference is not much, and i would like to ask, if this improvement is the last, or will we see more?

i did send out the two minions from the fae yule pack many times now on one minute, five minutes, eight hours and ten hours mission, but i only received one fae yule mission that rewarded me with one dark icicle and some snowflakes.

i did look into the many threads about the fae yule minion pack, and how to obtain more fae yule minions and adventures,
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dventures.html
    but as i did write before, i do not know, why the fae yule adventures are not appearing more frequent?
    Last edited by Souldrifter; 12-18-2014 at 11:59 AM.
    Want to know why?

General of Telara

i received one level three and one level four dimension item boxes from six stars minion missions.
    the reward on other minion adventures seem to be improved. the difference is not much, and i would like to ask, if this improvement is the last, or will we see more?

i did send out the two minions from the fae yule pack many times now on one minute, five minutes, eight hours and ten hours mission, but i only received one fae yule mission that rewarded me with one dark icicle and some snowflakes.

i did look into the many threads about the fae yule minion pack, and how to obtain more fae yule minions and adventures,
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...dventures.html
    but as i did write before, i do not know, why the fae yule adventures are not appearing more frequent?

I'm sure they will make common adjustments to what works for them. I've already put in a refund for my slots and minions paid with credits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast