+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Task rewards nerfed into oblivion?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    It's pretty obvious when the decline in communication started, and it sadly started when the community turned into the snarky, sarcastic bunch that we have posting around here in a lot (not all) threads now.

Not directing this at you, but as a general question: Would you enjoy going to work every day and being told how much of a money grabbing, horrible person you are that ruins everything? I wouldn't post here if I worked for Trion, either.
    If I hadn't spent real money on slots, I wouldn't even jump in on this but as a smart consumer I don't appreciate getting less for my money (even if it's something virtual).

As far as Trion posting here, I agree but you know that it comes with the territory. Head over the wow forums and it's the same.

I've always been strongly in favor of over communicating. Keep your customers "in the know" as they say. Let them know what's going on and I think you can prevent some (but not all) of the negativity.

Telaran

Default lol gg

Just checked the AH for minions, noticed a huge price drop in 9/10 minions..pages and pages. So......lets put rare seasonal minions in a pack for 1215, and add a bunch of fluff to push more minions that-will-bring-nothing....onto the community \o (just noticed)

I'd pay the 1215, if they were not nerfed lol.....I'd probably buy it now for 50 credits total now [and that is being nice]

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    It's one thing to be unhappy about a situation and provide feedback to rectify it, it's another to just go start grumping around without providing what would make them happy.
    Revert minions back to the way they functioned for several weeks post-NT launch, and prior to the last two hotfixes.

These sentiments have been stated repeatedly within this thread, so claiming that people are "grumping around" without providing useful feedback is incorrect and frankly rather hollier-than-thou. It's good to hear that you don't personally take issue with the changes to minions; your reasons for not being bothered by it could be many and varied, and I respect your differing opinion.

If this were a thread about dimensions being nerfed to hold significantly less items than they previously did, I would have nothing of value to add. The change would not affect my own personal Rift experience in any meaningful way. But there are those for whom it would matter greatly, and marching about in their thread with a "quit QQing and wait for the hotfix" attitude would be condescending and add nothing to the conversation. This is the way you're coming across here, whether you intend to or not.

Yes, we know that artifact adventures are broken. Yes, we know that the devs are still collecting feedback and fine-tuning. But unless the rewards are re-tuned back to, or very nearly at, their original levels, most of us will remain unhappy and feel as though we have been baited with certain expectations and switched to a system with (potentially significantly) diminished value.

It's a simple fact: the Rift feature that many of us paid actual money and/or credits to support no longer functions the way it did prior to hotfix #9. Any way you slice and dice it, that fact cannot be contested, only corrected.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Julesx View Post
    Revert minions back to the way they functioned for several weeks post-NT launch, and prior to the last two hotfixes.

These sentiments have been stated repeatedly within this thread, so claiming that people are "grumping around" without providing useful feedback is incorrect and frankly rather hollier-than-thou. It's good to hear that you don't personally take issue with the changes to minions; your reasons for not being bothered by it could be many and varied, and I respect your differing opinion.

If this were a thread about dimensions being nerfed to hold significantly less items than they previously did, I would have nothing of value to add. The change would not affect my own personal Rift experience in any meaningful way. But there are those for whom it would matter greatly, and marching about in their thread with a "quit QQing and wait for the hotfix" attitude would be condescending and add nothing to the conversation. This is the way you're coming across here, whether you intend to or not.

Yes, we know that artifact adventures are broken. Yes, we know that the devs are still collecting feedback and fine-tuning. But unless the rewards are re-tuned back to, or very nearly at, their original levels, most of us will remain unhappy and feel as though we have been baited with certain expectations and switched to a system with (potentially significantly) diminished value.

It's a simple fact: the Rift feature that many of us paid actual money and/or credits to support no longer functions the way it did prior to hotfix #9. Any way you slice and dice it, that fact cannot be contested, only corrected.
    ^This
    This thread can be summed up into 2 statements.

Return minions to the way they use to be, or very close to it.

Add more old world and new world recipes to soak up the flood of mats.

Champion

I decided to file this under "money that could have spent in a more meanigful way". (Frankly, anything spent on mmos falls into this category)
    Minions are still fun. Fun to collect and level up etc. The additional minion slots are permanent and add "value" to my account in the long run, no matter what they bring home. I just got Grandfather Frost and was pleasantly surprised, I had not checked beforehand what attributes the card has. Cool

As for the often mentioned "bait and switch tactic"... idk, in the future I'll just counter that with my very own "wait and see tactic". Not jumping on anything new right away seems to be the way to go.

Prophet of Telara

Ahhh nothing like turning in a 5star 8hr Artifact mission for one white artifact and one attanium crystal.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Ahhh nothing like turning in a 5star 8hr Artifact mission for one white artifact and one attanium crystal.
    For a short workaround till fix, just send the worst minion to that adventure. 1-3 Stars still bring 3 to 6 white / green / blue artifacts.

Telaran

Bump to get ahead of all that Indian Black Magic Love Potion / Phone Girl crap.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    As for the often mentioned "bait and switch tactic"... idk, in the future I'll just counter that with my very own "wait and see tactic". Not jumping on anything new right away seems to be the way to go.
    Hey one of the reasons I came back to the game was the minions.. I returned just before the nerf, bought slots etc.. I liked the balance of pvp/pve but that sorta broke but was swung back by the idea of no longer needing to constantly farm junk over and over.. (against oddly the same people in the same areas.. every time I turned up who are probably the same fools who complained about the system).

We had a good worthwhile system where spending credits/adven was worth it now to this junk.. the hotfix was a joke, the system now isn't even worth the time taken to level the minions.

Ok it might of been to much I admit that but to reduct it to less than 1/4 of its original rate when the only reason to do them was for the adv runecrafting lark (due to broken crafting not minions).

And why oh why do I get a dreadful cash reward (5 stars 24g something for an 8 hour notoriety adv) when I still have some of the older factions and two of the new ones to gain rep with.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeball View Post
    At this very moment you can still gather resources in nearly unlimited quantities from nodes, and at this point i'm wondering if there are plans to cut the resources right at their root too...
    That's one of the problems with why the nerfed the minion system.. they did it due to to many resources so market was dead.. but they introduced just two resource nodes for all professions and only three base materials, and they did it over three full zones.. that is where the problem lies.. not the minion system.

Quote Originally Posted by Julesx View Post
    To sum up: the value of minions has effectively been nerfed by a substantial percentage, but the credit cost for obtaining premium minions and slots was NOT nerfed in equal measure. And even if it had been, those of us who bought in prior to the hotfix won't be receiving any compensation for the bait and switch. Hence, frustration and disappointment.
    This is my rage it in a nutshell.

I don't mind minions being nerfed if they think it will fix the game. The bait and switch is the issue.

If the rewards are going to stay at this level we at least need the ability to pass on minion missions. I don't need or want any more dimension items, and certainly don't need the 3 I am getting back for an 8 hour time investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    High star long and promotional artifact adventures have a bug. It'll be fixed, have no worries.
    When will the "bypass" option for those dreaded dimension adventures make their appearance? The other day I had 3 of them at the same time...nothing but to do them in order to progress. I hate the dimension ones because I really do not work on my dimensions.

I would much rather be given the opportunity to pass them by for artifacts or other types of adventures.

Please address this.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    When will the "bypass" option for those dreaded dimension adventures make their appearance? The other day I had 3 of them at the same time...nothing but to do them in order to progress. I hate the dimension ones because I really do not work on my dimensions.

I would much rather be given the opportunity to pass them by for artifacts or other types of adventures.

Please address this.
    Gingers already addressed this and stated the skip feature should make it into 3.1 hopefully. So you're looking at early 2015.

I'm fine with the reduction, and I bought the extra slots. The previous rewards were clearly too high. I would get 40+ crafting mats from a single 8 hour mission, I knew it wouldn't last.
    TI-99/4A - 3.0 MHz 16-bit TMS9900 CPU, 256 bytes fast RAM, 16 KB RAM, 8 KB ROM, Cassette Player Interface

no one would have bought minions or minion slots for real money, if what we see now would have been presented at the 3.0 release.
    no one would have spent real money to speed up the minion adventures.

it is highly unlikely that anyone would have spend real money on the fae yule minion pack, if they had known, that it has several bugs in it.
    there are a lot of threads reporting problems about the fae yule minion pack right here on the front page.
    perhaps i should see myself lucky, since im still waiting on the first fae yule mission to appear during my daily gametime.
    and i do not know, if they are disabled and in waiting of repairment, or if we have to pay to speed up normal minion adventures to get to the fae yule adventures, we also have payed for.

therefore im asking, what did we pay for and what do we still have to pay for?
    I do believe in killing the Messenger.
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast