+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree602Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Task rewards nerfed into oblivion?

Well, I'm glad I never spend any real money or plat on minions. I have maybe 8 that I gathered here and there and the 2 slots. They usually go out twice a day. It's just extras.

I have been a bit worried because in the ranking I have seen on NT only minions got decent reviews. Kinda sad that an extraneous extra is rated higher than anything else. I hope the game gets smarter.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Telaran

again as I stated a few pages back [before people began arguing about stuff lol]

This could have been avoided if we were given a lot more things to craft in 3.0, and more things to craft in old world as well. Those mats would be getting used up a lot xD

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zodis View Post
    again as I stated a few pages back [before people began arguing about stuff lol]

This could have been avoided if we were given a lot more things to craft in 3.0, and more things to craft in old world as well. Those mats would be getting used up a lot xD
    Hey, look at this thread over here. Separate topic.

Crafting System Updates and Suggestions
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    Hey, look at this thread over here. Separate topic.

Crafting System Updates and Suggestions

Already saw it, however my post is relevant to the minion screw-over-event. As stated in the opening paragraph.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by PeteSanchez View Post
    Hmmm interesting. Wonder why there was never a suggestion thread on Minions? Oh, credit purchases, gotcha.
    yup, ask about crafting before anything gets done to it. But don't ask about minions, and pull this. Which is why I am not even bothering to make a post on that thread.

Ascendant

Already saw it, however my post is relevant to the minion screw-over-event. As stated in the opening paragraph.
    Minions were bringing in an excess of materials even if there was a good way to jettison them.

Supply is way too high, demand too low, both aspects need a fix to normalize things. The current rewards from minions(after the 12/11 fix) feel more reasonable for fire and forget farming.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Minions were bringing in an excess of materials even if there was a good way to jettison them.

Supply is way too high, demand too low, both aspects need a fix to normalize things. The current rewards from minions(after the 12/11 fix) feel more reasonable for fire and forget farming.
    Yup, and if you skim through some of that thread and this one. The easy way to make everyone happy is to introduce new things to craft. Also to make the old world mats useful again. Which is what I stated in my post. Yes I agree it's supply vs demand, but on the flip side if you help the demand side you will make everyone happy..... those who craft will finally have something to do, and those with endless mats will finally be able to make some money.

Besides, it's a giant expansion [or so we're told] we should be able to craft a lot more than what we have. Nerfing the minion system to me looked like "taking the easy way out". This issue will still be here somewhat since you have a lot of people actually farming nodes as well

Plane Touched

Yup, and if you skim through some of that thread and this one. The easy way to make everyone happy is to introduce new things to craft. Also to make the old world mats useful again. Which is what I stated in my post. Yes I agree it's supply vs demand, but on the flip side if you help the demand side you will make everyone happy..... those who craft will finally have something to do, and those with endless mats will finally be able to make some money.

Besides, it's a giant expansion [or so we're told] we should be able to craft a lot more than what we have. Nerfing the minion system to me looked like "taking the easy way out". This issue will still be here somewhat since you have a lot of people actually farming nodes as well
    I'm confused as to what you are arguing. It sounds like your gripe is with crafting. There is a crafting thread. No one, not a single person in the last few pages of this thread, is arguing that there shouldn't be more things to craft. That is the whole point of that thread.
    Thetoxicwaltz@Greybriar

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ToxicWaltz View Post
    I'm confused as to what you are arguing. It sounds like your gripe is with crafting. There is a crafting thread. No one, not a single person in the last few pages of this thread, is arguing that there shouldn't be more things to craft. That is the whole point of that thread.

*sigh* please go back a few pages, I am not arguing but expressing my opinion. Also stated a few things in that post, since people are upset the minions are nerfed, and some are happy. Mostly those that are happy is because of the market that they claim the minions blew up. I offered 2 solutions, one hit crafting, and one was more of a survey. I by all means, am not attempting to derail this thread at all. And if you take the time to read it you will see that.

Anyway, still waiting to see if there is any update on what's going on.

The problems with too many resources won't go away with the destruction of the minion adventure system.
    You have to be really... naive... to believe that one. Players will just gather more, and it will all stay the same.
    They only destroyed the last standing positive aspect of their expansion, making the nightmare part a real fitting discription on it - congratulation on that one.

And of course crafting is mentioned, since it's the reason behind the nerf for the minion adventure system.
    But since crafting isn't touched and expanded, the nerf is just pointless... well, as mentioned before, only hitting those over the head, that supported the game with the purchase of the extra minions and slots... another congratulation is in oder as well i think.

Unless they mess up the nodes in the new area as well, this whole thing is just one giant pointless waste of time on their side, and a waste of a lot of real money on the players side.
    If they had put that energy into the crafting system, we would have some new recipes to burn those extra resources from the minion adventure system by now.

As mentioned before, 1 resource node per 1 hour minion adventure time, plus/minus something extra for the level of the minion and resulting stars.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Schneeball View Post
    The problems with too many resources won't go away with the destruction of the minion adventure system.
    You have to be really... naive... to believe that one. Players will just gather more, and it will all stay the same.
    They only destroyed the last standing positive aspect of their expansion, making the nightmare part a real fitting discription on it - congratulation on that one.

And of course crafting is mentioned, since it's the reason behind the nerf for the minion adventure system.
    But since crafting isn't touched and expanded, the nerf is just pointless... well, as mentioned before, only hitting those over the head, that supported the game with the purchase of the extra minions and slots... another congratulation is in oder as well i think.

Unless they mess up the nodes in the new area as well, this whole thing is just one giant pointless waste of time on their side, and a waste of a lot of real money on the players side.
    If they had put that energy into the crafting system, we would have some new recipes to burn those extra resources from the minion adventure system by now.

As mentioned before, 1 resource node per 1 hour minion adventure time, plus/minus something extra for the level of the minion and resulting stars.
    ^ this, 100%

nerfing the system doesn't stop people from farming, they will farm even more now. There will still be an overflow of mats when this is all said and done. Adding more recipes would have prevented this.

Rift Master

I just collected rewards from 5- 8 hr adventures, less that one plat stuf of useless cloth hide ore no dim stuff and one artifact. The timers are borked also after 4 hrs 4 of the adventures were calimable and one still 8 hr.

Waste of time effort and money. Don't waste a credit on this now. I used to at least get a crystal but foirget that.

Cash shop event.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RiftstalkerUK View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking, why? Because I did do 2, 15 minute missions with level 12 minions and brought 2 diap clothes, and 3 scarleaf.

When they screw this crap up?
    A couple days ago, we had a 90%-or-so nerf because the "Loot table was handing out too much free stuff". So they un-nerfed / still nerfed it by a smaller amount so we would see "more but not a lot" of stuff. But tbh the system was doing fine by itself, by nerfing it all they did was add more issues to their plate that could have been avoided.

I can hear my little hellbug minion cry everytime he came back from a mission post-nerf saying "I'm sorry! I keep trying but I just cant find mats anymore! Please forgive me....*sob*"

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RiftstalkerUK View Post
    Ok, I read through most of this thread, and now get what you're saying. It seems this patch also messed up the ability for some people to even log into Rift last night. Wow, a patch to not fix the issue and to hinder people being able to log in...Jeez, how do these people still have jobs?

I never had a problem with the minions before, actually I felt they were being kinda stingy, but now its insane.

I spent credits from my hard earned money to open those slot things and was just about to buy that yule minion pack, glad I didn't!!! So many other issues with game, why add more?
    Well they're refunding people who spent aventurine and credits on the promotional missions apparently, but now that also has caused some minions to "lock up", preventing you from claiming anything. I have 5 minions sitting on "Claim", all 5 are 10hr missions. Probably won't see this fixed until Monday morning at the earliest.....

... and wait for the patch on Wednesday.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast