+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Upcoming Planar Essence Unsocketing Change

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Warning: Upcoming Planar Essence Unsocketing Change

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give a heads up regarding the following change:

Once this week's hotfix goes live, unsocketing a bind on equip planar essence from a planar focus will give you a bind on *pickup* version of that planar essence, which will immediately bind to your character as soon as it enters your inventory.

Effectively, all the essences that currently say "Bind on Equip" but don't really bind to your character now will. If you want to unsocket one of these essences and trade it to another character, you have until the hotfix to do so.

Pithos

FIRST! Incoming flood of mad people. Its a good change but at the same time royally screws over some people. /grabs some fae yule popcorn to munch on
    Last edited by Turntablist; 12-08-2014 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    FIRST? Incoming flood of mad people. Its a good change but at the same time royally screws over some people.
    Well people should have expected this change to come tbh.

Plane Touched

Pithos when are we going to hear from you guys about the NM rifts they are a mess and really ticking people off with the shield that causes everyone to fail for the error of a few?

Champion of Telara

Since the essence is Bind-on-Equip, then equipping it makes it bound. Therefore when you unsocket it, it's a soulbound item. If anything, I have to ask why wasn't it working like this already.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; 12-08-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksomen View Post
    Pithos when are we going to hear from you guys about the NM rifts they are a mess and really ticking people off with the shield that causes everyone to fail for the error of a few?
    so would you say your group is as strong as your weakest link?

if you like it the other way around you support communism.

Just don't this this "fix" mess with boa essences...

Plane Touched

@OP Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Nightmare Tide is certainly shaping up to be a prophetic name isn't it? <laughter>

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Telbere View Post
    @OP Thanks for the heads up.

P.S. Nightmare Tide is certainly shaping up to be a prophetic name isn't it? <laughter>
    On a brighter note, no more cash shop rune unsocketers. Drop more cash shop stuff please and maybe Nightmare tsunami's of player leaving will cease.

Process of hot fix and aftermath:

1: planar unsocketing fix goes live
    2: People become angry.

On the bright side, Fae Yule should return within the next ten days...just in time for final exams. Trion couldn't have planned it better.

#FaeYuleDistraction
    #ThreadDerailed

Rift Chaser

Default Pardon my ignorance

Pardon my ignorance. Am I missing something here? If I want to upgrade my essence why would I bother 'unsocketing' it ? Surely I would just save my dosh instead of buying the unsocketimg item and overwrite with the one I want to use?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nicstrand View Post
    Pardon my ignorance. Am I missing something here? If I want to upgrade my essence why would I bother 'unsocketing' it ? Surely I would just save my dosh instead of buying the unsocketimg item and overwrite with the one I want to use?
    So you could give it to an alt, a friend a guildie or sell it, I would presume.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

My only concearn is that BoA essences remain BoA with this chance.

Rift Chaser

Default Just so

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    So you could give it to an alt, a friend a guildie or sell it, I would presume.

What was the point of introducing the 'unsocketing' device in the first place then if they didn't like the idea of being able to trade? They have a value of just a few gold even high end so who is going to spend 144 Rex to get bacj 15g?
    Last edited by Nicstrand; 12-09-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicstrand View Post
    What was the point of introducing the 'unsocketing' device in the first place then if they didn't like the idea of being able to trade? They have a value of just a few gold even high end so who is going to spend 144 Rex to get bacj 15g?
    Because sometimes you want to move them to a new upgraded focus or are putting together a more specific focus ie all sp or all cp. Renting essences was never possible before.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast