+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Adventures Refresh Button

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    You were right Adanita, the shuffle 'feature' will be another currency grab. Jeese....
    Geez.. It's not a currency grab. But don't let facts get in the way. You can choose to spend adventurite (you know, those green shrimpy things) on the reshuffle. Tbh, I find a reshuffle feature completely unnecessary. I don't particularly like the gathering ones, but I don't complain about those. They're part of the game, so they have to be run. Or I just wait until the nightly reset when sending minions out on The highest tier adventures.

General of Telara

What's a cash grab is the "only" way to add more minion slots is through credits. Should be able to use adventurine for that as well(even if its 1500 or more). Also upping the slots when you do open one, really Trion? Really?

Either way, I like the option of the shuffle, and using adventurine is a great idea. And to Gingers, I play like 12-14 hours a day(Yeah I have one of those jobs), and just hit my 5000th minion adventure. The dim stash for 8-10 hour missions is fine, but what about the 200, 5 and 15 minutes missions of dims? I think this is the issue most are having.

Personally, I love the dim items. Dims are one of the best things in the game, but unless Trion finds a way to add more storage(storage is another cash grab if you ask me), people are going to be drowning in dim items, that have over saturated the AH.

The minion's is a great idea, although implemented half-arsed. Either allow non-patrons a cheaper alternative to storage or have an in-gam dumpster for tossing away unwanted things.

And yes, please if you have the time and your bags are full, please open your dimension [, type in take a penny in the search and please drop any items you have no use for .

can you also add auto-send and auto-loot locked on what toon I want. To not change the toons every time ?

Champion

Three suggestions that might help (along with reshuffling)

1. don't trap non-dimension items in the dimension boxes (I'm talking about attainium). Let it be separate so we can loot it without opening the boxes. Keys should not be in the boxes either as they are not "dimension-items".
    2. Let the boxes be vendored for some amount of gold/plat based upon their stars (similar to how we get some gold/plat for notoriety that we don't need). Or if not vendorable then make them salvagable (either for runes or perhaps dreamweaving). This might give people the option to do the dimension adventures solely for the plat/attainium/dream ribbons.
    3. Be more transparent about how we gain adventurine and minion xp etc. I see my adventurine stacking up but I have not a clue where it is coming from. Perhaps at least something in the combat log? or a tooltip on an adventure (this may earn you a small amount of adventurine... etc). By being more transparent, people will realize that there is a path towards paying for a reshuffle and know what they need to do to obtain it.

okay, can't resist a 4th suggestion
    4. Give patrons seven free reshuffles a week that recharge once per day. That seems in line with other patron benefits and I don't think this would be world breaking. But i'm sure opinions would vary on this point.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Serathe View Post
    No they won't. If they do that's a bug. They will reset though on a set time each day. So you might thought the relog was that but it was in fact an ingame reset. But the cards won't reset as long as you are in the game, even if that time passes. You will have to relog to put it in action. But the act of relogging isn't what resets cards.

I would love a shuffle option as well. In contrast to most here, to get more dim items. And to get rid of the pointless craft materials adventures (and there are even 2 adventures for that), as there are more crafting materials floating around as it is then I know what to do with. And they sell for peanuts at the store too, and not all that well in the ah either. Saving stacks and stacks of it isn't that useful to me especially as doing something with them costs a lot of vendor materials, usually more then the end result is worth to me.
    Sry wrong, not relog but restart all game. For me cards change like that. I remember i was mad becouse i got dc and my cards from artifact changed to dimention crap.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by vampydaras View Post
    Sry wrong, not relog but restart all game. For me cards change like that. I remember i was mad becouse i got dc and my cards from artifact changed to dimention crap.
    Same thing goes. It does not reset on relog or restart of the game. Only resets at a set time in the day. But yes you have to leave the game to have the change that happened due to it show. So it can see to be the relog in itself. If you can force a shuffle on relog whenever you want that's a bug. So not saying it might not be the case for you. But it's not supposed to do that.
    Last edited by Serathe; 12-07-2014 at 11:57 AM.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Yes we do have a shuffle feature in the works, we plan to allow players the choice of using Aventurine or Credits (prices are always subject to change).
    It's a bit c**ty to make us pay for it, but as long as you make it so that upon paying for and receiving a shuffle, I am GUARANTEED to have something other than a dimension mission come up, I'll deal with it. However, if you make it so that it is totally random, and I might be left with a dim mission coming back up in the same time slot after I just paid to change it, that will be bull****.
    Last edited by Semirhage666; 12-07-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Soulwalker

I look at dimension items like all the grey junk that you pick up while questing...they don't help my character prepare for more difficult quests, dungeons, experts, raids, pvp.

Would you send your minions out on an adventure for grey stuff? That's how I feel. That's what I'm saying.

Telaran

I am sick of these crap dimension items, no offense but adding into game too much white dimension items is just a stupid idea.

Even I can sell it to shop, it still annoying to look carefully what are crap dimensions and what are artifacts
    Last edited by DugJoinny; 12-07-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Just make sure that the mission/adventure we get after a paid shuffle/refresh is NOT THE SAME as the one before.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

We're adding boxes to the 5/15 minute adventures as well. They're just not in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Quwo View Post
    The box is only there for the 10 hour adventures (and maybe 7 hour)
    If you do lots of 15 & 5 minute adventures, you don't get boxes
    It also has any non-dimension items (like the crafting thing) trapped inside so if you want those, you still have to open it

In other words, the box is a half-assed way of addressing a problem, as perceived by someone who did like 1 adventure.

otoh, filling peoples' inventories with crap is a good way to stop people from grinding it too much I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    You were right Adanita, the shuffle 'feature' will be another currency grab. Jeese... this game is more and more trying to get into everyone's wallet. I have been a patron since the day I started playing and don't mind spending the money to support the game. They should make it a patron perk to shuffle the minion deck and leave the pay option for the non-subscibers. But that's just my opinion.
    I couldn't agree more - this is an awesome idea.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #28
    Rift Team

1. I've already broken out Attanium from the dimension boxes. It should appear alongside the boxes rather than inside them.

2. Sounds reasonable, I'll talk with design about it.

3. Aventurines: You gain aventurines based on the adventures you go on and how well you do on them. Leveling adventures grant no adventurines however.

Quote Originally Posted by smellwhat View Post
    Three suggestions that might help (along with reshuffling)

1. don't trap non-dimension items in the dimension boxes (I'm talking about attainium). Let it be separate so we can loot it without opening the boxes. Keys should not be in the boxes either as they are not "dimension-items".
    2. Let the boxes be vendored for some amount of gold/plat based upon their stars (similar to how we get some gold/plat for notoriety that we don't need). Or if not vendorable then make them salvagable (either for runes or perhaps dreamweaving). This might give people the option to do the dimension adventures solely for the plat/attainium/dream ribbons.
    3. Be more transparent about how we gain adventurine and minion xp etc. I see my adventurine stacking up but I have not a clue where it is coming from. Perhaps at least something in the combat log? or a tooltip on an adventure (this may earn you a small amount of adventurine... etc). By being more transparent, people will realize that there is a path towards paying for a reshuffle and know what they need to do to obtain it.

okay, can't resist a 4th suggestion
    4. Give patrons seven free reshuffles a week that recharge once per day. That seems in line with other patron benefits and I don't think this would be world breaking. But i'm sure opinions would vary on this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Adanita View Post
    I hope Trion can go back to where they started, and value their customers. Honestly, if I'm a paying patron...there really shouldn't be any blockages in the game for me (currency limits/restrictions, etc.), that's what being a patron should bring. Make the game pay-to-win, just realize I'm paying by being a patron.
    There should be a LOT more perks for being a patron - if it makes the game closer to what it used to be by being a patron then they will make a ton of cash that way.
    Last edited by FreddyThump; 12-08-2014 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by swordkata View Post
    What's a cash grab is the "only" way to add more minion slots is through credits. Should be able to use adventurine for that as well(even if its 1500 or more). Also upping the slots when you do open one, really Trion? Really?.
    I disagree - buying a minion slot once for credits with the ability to use it an unlimited number of times isn't such a bad thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast