+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Storm Legion zone events giving Infinity Stones

Telaran

Default Storm Legion zone events giving Infinity Stones

As the title says. When mentored down in SL zones I get Infinity Stones for completing zone events. When mentored down in Mathosia, I get Void Stones. Of course, I'd rather get Void Stones in SL zones as IS are useless now.

"IS are useless"

Well, someone obviously doesn't craft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    "IS are useless"

Well, someone obviously doesn't craft.
    I have every crafting profession maxed and have never used IS to purchase reagents or otherwise. So what could/should we be crafting that utilizes them?
    Last edited by Julesx; 12-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Yep. Unfortunately, this will persist for a while yet. The loot tables for zone events (and rifts) are sort of a mess, and many were not set up to scale up properly. We are looking to assign some of my time to overhauling these tables for better scalability for both current and future content, but I do not have an ETA.

But I am pushing for soon (though soon is relative - it is no small task).

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Yep. Unfortunately, this will persist for a while yet. The loot tables for zone events (and rifts) are sort of a mess, and many were not set up to scale up properly. We are looking to assign some of my time to overhauling these tables for better scalability for both current and future content, but I do not have an ETA.

But I am pushing for soon (though soon is relative - it is no small task).
    Good luck to you Tacitus. That is a big bite of pie you have there. Once you fix the loot tables, is Trion going to bring new content to old world stuff?

I also liked the suggestion (can't remember where or who said it) that Volan stomp all over the Freemarch and Silverwood areas. I liked the Volan fight and if Void Stones become part of the loot there on a consistent basis, I would definitely enjoy beating him up again.

As long as lag issues are addressed too.

Soulwalker

soon
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Soon

Right? lol
    Last edited by thatrifter; 12-03-2014 at 01:07 PM.

General of Telara

Tacitus, while you're at it, I noticed most bonus boxes you get from instant adventures in SL zones are completely empty (at level 65 at least).
    One I opened had a piece of equipment, but about 10 others gave absolutely nothing, not even one silver or any kind of stone.

Not that they ever gave overwhelming loot, but that's still somewhat annoying.
    Last edited by Lynx3d; 12-03-2014 at 01:29 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Tacitus, while you're at it, I noticed most bonus boxes you get from instant adventures in SL zones are completely empty (at level 65 at least).
    IA rewards have already been overhauled and those changes SHOULD go Live next week, barring any unforeseen issues. Same with the Planarite fixes to Nightmare Rifts. And new Fae Yule dailies...

IA rewards have already been overhauled and those changes SHOULD go Live next week, barring any unforeseen issues. Same with the Planarite fixes to Nightmare Rifts. And new Fae Yule dailies...
    Can't wait to get a chance at some of the old IA mounts whilst doing any IA in Mathosia. Makes random IA join a lot easier.

Plus Fae Yule! Got my Aventurine ready!

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Can't wait to get a chance at some of the old IA mounts whilst doing any IA in Mathosia. Makes random IA join a lot easier.
    Won't even need to be in Mathosia - the old zone IA rewards will now just be "adventure" rewards, and can come from Adventure Caches in any zone at any level range.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 12-03-2014 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Edited tense to make it clear that this is not yet Live.

Quote Originally Posted by Julesx View Post
    I have every crafting profession maxed and have never used IS to purchase reagents or otherwise. So what could/should we be crafting that utilizes them?
    You use them for a massive supply of rune crafting mats, by buying synergy crystals, and breaking them for capricious/nightmare stars.

Or buying gear and breaking it for salvage components.
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkirou View Post
    You use them for a massive supply of rune crafting mats, by buying synergy crystals, and breaking them for capricious/nightmare stars.

Or buying gear and breaking it for salvage components.
    Ahhh. But wouldn't that also require a massive supply of Infinity Stones in like kind? If one has a large stash of IS on hand, I can see the utility -- but going out and farming them specifically to buy synergy crystals to runebreak seems like a lot of effort for little reward.

Ahhh. But wouldn't that also require a massive supply of Infinity Stones in like kind? If one has a large stash of IS on hand, I can see the utility -- but going out and farming them specifically to buy synergy crystals to runebreak seems like a lot of effort for little reward.
    IS are stupidly easy to farm, and have no cap like void stones.

If you have to craft a lot of runes/amenders, you'll be saving yourself thousands of plat by tagging some SL zone events rather than buying the mats, or crafting items to break.

You could always wait for gear drops to break I guess, but you'll be waiting a while.

Quite a few people do SL experts for the same reason, marks for gear to break.
    Also nerf bards.

Cool, I appreciate the insights, Shinkirou! Lately I spend a lot of time farming various SL mats, so I'm frequently in those zones. Will keep an eye out for zone events and the like. Would it be safe to presume that SL Experts are soloable on a decently-geared Lvl 65? I've never run any of those dungeons, so it would be an interesting challenge.

Cool, I appreciate the insights, Shinkirou! Lately I spend a lot of time farming various SL mats, so I'm frequently in those zones. Will keep an eye out for zone events and the like. Would it be safe to presume that SL Experts are soloable on a decently-geared Lvl 65? I've never run any of those dungeons, so it would be an interesting challenge.
    I soloed Return to Deepstrike to finish an achievement. Haven't tried the others though.
    Serale@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast