+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tactician Ability Necrotic Core Temporarily Disabled

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Tactician Ability Necrotic Core Temporarily Disabled

Greetings ascended,

We have temporarily disabled the use of the Tactician ability Necrotic Core because it was deemed disruptive in PVP combat; specifically it caused issues when it was used to defend capture points. When the servers are updated again, Necrotic Core will be fixed so that it will only cause interruption the first time you step into it's area of effect. After the first tick of damage is dealt, the player cannot be interrupted by Necrotic Core again unless they leave the area of effect and re-enter.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Greetings ascended,

We have temporarily disabled the use of the Tactician ability Necrotic Core because it was deemed disruptive in PVP combat; specifically it caused issues when it was used to defend capture points. When the servers are updated again, Necrotic Core will be fixed so that it will only cause interruption the first time you step into it's area of effect. After the first tick of damage is dealt, the player cannot be interrupted by Necrotic Core again unless they leave the area of effect and re-enter.

Thanks,
    So if this is actually just a pvp related issue, why just generally disable the ability? Why not just disable it in pvp or make it do nothing in pvp?

Seems a bit heavy handed to just completely disable an ability when the bug is only related to one aspect of the game.

Or are you not being entirely forthcoming in the reasoning for the ability being disabled?

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    So if this is actually just a pvp related issue, why just generally disable the ability? Why not just disable it in pvp or make it do nothing in pvp?

Seems a bit heavy handed to just completely disable an ability when the bug is only related to one aspect of the game.

Or are you not being entirely forthcoming in the reasoning for the ability being disabled?
    Doesn't matter, still impacting a larger player base than PVE-related changes/problems/bs.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

That is not feasible, and would have been done if it was.

Greetings ascended,

Thanks,
    Just out of curiosity, will all other gtaoe abilities be updated with this change or will they retain the ability to interrupt point captures with every tick of damage?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Just out of curiosity, will all other gtaoe abilities be updated with this change or will they retain the ability to interrupt point captures with every tick of damage?

Good question! I would like to see this question answered and would also like to add something to it. How about the other non rogue class ability that applies a debuff and spreads to everyone else and refreshes that prevents the capture of flags. Will that also be disabled? It is either a warrior or mages ability I forget which. But I know it exists cause I have seen people use it all the time. How is that any different from a tacticians core?

Telaran

All the fire and forget gtaoe abilities do the same thing. If they disable one they must disable them all, and there are several.

Quote Originally Posted by rufo32 View Post
    All the fire and forget gtaoe abilities do the same thing. If they disable one they must disable them all, and there are several.
    But those abilities aren't increasing rogues dps to a reasonable level!

(Note, I am not a rogue nor to I play a rogue)

Soulwalker

But those abilities aren't increasing rogues dps to a reasonable level!

(Note, I am not a rogue nor to I play a rogue)
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHich is why I said what I did here http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4962087

This is not why I thought they disabled it

Why suddenly disable it cause of PvP, when it's been working this way since far back in SL? Probably all the time. And as others have said, what about the other Ground AoE? And don't forget Corrosive Spores, which is just as bad?

Corrosive Spores is cleansable though.
    However Fire Wall/Well of Souls and other non-channeled funny stuffs should recieve the same treatment.
    <Apotheosys>@Typhiria
    World First 5-man Easy Mode 1/4 GP

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    However Fire Wall/Well of Souls and other non-channeled funny stuffs should recieve the same treatment.
    Yes it's cleansable, but that doesn't help you much if you're in a dps spec and the guy next to you got it and doesn't run away.

Also, if you want to look at countering such abilities, Necrotic Core could be countered too.
    Last edited by Ailene; 12-01-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Necrotic core was working like this for a long long time, ppl just use it now, so why turn it off ?

I get it, balance isnt right etc blabla, but tunring it off just because some ppl where talking about it, more on 2 diff suspects, behind stupid for me, and not the right way imo.

Just go and fix PvP, and ALL the mechanics that you can use that way, just because ppl dont cry over it doesnt mean they are not here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by fufi View Post
    I was ignoring abilities like CS since they can be countered by situational awareness and common sense (despite the fact you rarley see either in warfronts), but if you want to go down that road Dire Corruption lasts 30 seconds with a 10 second cooldown and is uncleansable. Each tick can proc weapon enchants, and with Shadow of Dread can be active on multiple targets. Hell it even persists through death.

XTK

Greetings ascended,

Thanks,
    Are you serious? Don't change ONLY Necrotice Core's ground target aoe without effecting all other ones... Use a lil bit of common sense here
    Last edited by XTK; 12-01-2014 at 05:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast