+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why do NMRs punish bad play but not reward good play?

Quote Originally Posted by Daphenia View Post
    Actually I have a long time player who has only been occasionally logging on here and there doing quests and zone events (got to level 65 yesterday). I had no idea this mechanic was in a NMR (only done about 3 of them now) and as far as the messages flashing across your screen- for me they are in small letters near the top and miss them all the time (someone please tell me how to make them BIG).

Fortunately I got in a NMR with someone that would spam chat every once in a while with 'when you see X happen do Y'. You might be amazed to find out that informing your fellow players and not assuming they are all pros helps everyone accomplish something.
    I have been in many NMRs where players were calling out mechanics and instructions to bring the mobs to the middle. There are always a handful of players who either don't notice or don't care. Honestly, I'm not sure what else folks can do to try and ensure a successful run. I have yet to be in a NMR that has made it to 75. I don't see me ever getting the achievements.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I have been in many NMRs where players were calling out mechanics and instructions to bring the mobs to the middle. There are always a handful of players who either don't notice or don't care. Honestly, I'm not sure what else folks can do to try and ensure a successful run. I have yet to be in a NMR that has made it to 75. I don't see me ever getting the achievements.
    I would assume the instanced would be the only option, but then again, that takes away from the open world/jump right in. Seems like I will have to agree with the OP there has to be a better way.
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Quote Originally Posted by Daphenia View Post
    Fortunately I got in a NMR with someone that would spam chat every once in a while with 'when you see X happen do Y'. You might be amazed to find out that informing your fellow players and not assuming they are all pros helps everyone accomplish something.
    When tanking open-world NMRs, I've gotten to the point where I regularly do a yell of...

All to the middle! - Tout au milieu! - Alle in die Mitte! - Все в середине! - Tutti al centro! - Todo para el medio!

That's English, French, German, Russian, Italian and Spanish and yet there are still 'pro' DPS who keep mobs at the edges, trying to kite them, rather than bringing them to the centre where the tank is.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 12-05-2014 at 04:39 PM.

Champion of Telara

Add "Ola sti mesi gamw to spiti sas", which is Greek.

Shadowlander

They should just make it so if you fail the mechanic 3 times in a row it uninstalls the game.

Telaran

It's important to remember that no matter how severe you try to make the punishments, it doesn't address the issue at all. The NMR is still failed in higher stages.

Hopefully the devs listen to some of the ideas in this thread and help us counteract the learning/bads/trolls.
    Gamdol@Greybriar <White Fang>

Plane Touched

Just finished a lvl 3nmr i joined hit 48 had a mini shield boss 1.5 minuets people failed it 5 times in a row timer ran out i left the group in disgust they need to fix this.

Rift Master

The answer is Instanced NMRs as this is the most challenging content in the game Instanced NMRs need to become more viable. FYI this is already known and being worked on.

Your issues with open world......answer is don't play in open world or don't expect good players in open world. Again its being worked on to get instanced viable so patience is key not "changing" the NMRS mechanics.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    The answer is Instanced NMRs as this is the most challenging content in the game Instanced NMRs need to become more viable. FYI this is already known and being worked on.

Your issues with open world......answer is don't play in open world or don't expect good players in open world. Again its being worked on to get instanced viable so patience is key not "changing" the NMRS mechanics.

Have the developers said they are working on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post

A huge draw to Rift is the open world content of zone events, rifts, invasions, etc. I don't want to be driven "underground" like the RPers were, having to do everything in instances. Open world NMRs should be adjusted so that they are doable in the open world. Raid type mechanics in rifts + noobs + AFKers + griefers is a recipe for failure and frustration. I have to think personal accountability and punishment is key rather than the current group punishment.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #56

Quote Originally Posted by Darksomen View Post
    Have the developers said they are working on it?
    There are numerous mechanics in Nightmare Rifts currently under review, and we hope to have some changes out to the live servers in the coming weeks. Until that happens, we've gone ahead and disabled two of the worst offenders: Maddening Shield and Maddening Heal.

As always, we'll continue to make changes as needed. Thanks for all the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    There are numerous mechanics in Nightmare Rifts currently under review, and we hope to have some changes out to the live servers in the coming weeks. Until that happens, we've gone ahead and disabled two of the worst offenders: Maddening Shield and Maddening Heal.
    This is definitely a step in the right direction, but there's still the red circles that grant absorb shields that are just as bad as Maddening Shield. Are those going to be disabled as well until a more elegant solution can be found?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

As always, we'll continue to make changes as needed. Thanks for all the feedback!
    The red circle -> shield mechanic is still active on the NA shards, with nightmare five rifts.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    A huge draw to Rift is the open world content of zone events, rifts, invasions, etc. I don't want to be driven "underground" like the RPers were, having to do everything in instances. Open world NMRs should be adjusted so that they are doable in the open world. Raid type mechanics in rifts + noobs + AFKers + griefers is a recipe for failure and frustration. I have to think personal accountability and punishment is key rather than the current group punishment.
    ^ this.... rework them to outright kill people or if failed multiple times banning them from NMR's for 24 hours. Disabling abilities entirely isn't the answer we were looking for... but whatever I guess.

NT Tier 1 complete 12/18/2014!

Rift Disciple

I can understand disabling these for open world, but why these were disabled for instanced version. What was fun and challenging turns into boring faceroll. RIP NMR's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast