+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I don't really consider this game to be in playable state as a fresh 65.

Rift Disciple

Default I don't really consider this game to be in playable state as a fresh 65.

Many days I spend 2-3 hours in queue and never even get a group.

The few times I've gotten a group (after waiting for 2 hours), they have quit at or around the first boss, leaving me to wait in queue for several more hours.

I don't really consider this to be a 'grind' at this point. I just consider the game to be not really playable.

I think removing PVP gear from the game was a really dumb idea after experiencing this. At least I could have worked on a new Favor set while I spent days trying to get a NME completed. Daily quests and IA are only entertaining for so long.

I feel like I've hit a literal brick wall as far as being able to advance my character goes.

And this is the first time I've ever felt like this in this game, and I've played off and on since release.

Rift Master

Im going to assume your talking about expert level dungeons. The que is long for multiple reason.

1. The content is still considered new so running with pugs is instant failure.

2. Changes are your queing as DPS/support if your smart.....though regardless all DPS/Support(slightly less of a wait by half a %) wait forever to get into dungeons regardless due to .........

100 dps queuing versus 1 tank 1 healer

So que up for dungeons as something other than DPS/Support and you get dungeons faster, Trion CANT change this you NEED a healer & tank in each group. If nobody ques for healer/tank then DPS have nobody to run with.

If you queue as a healer and are actually good at it, you will get a fast queue and your pug groups will not fail. It is alarming to heal a dungeon that you've never seen before, especially if you're also new to your spec, so I do suggest watching videos and practicing your heal spec elsewhere first (WFs, zone bosses, etc) until you're confident with it.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

Rift Master

Standard Dungeons are good practice.....as well as Rifts or IAs. Though I prefer Dungeons as its the best experience to get used to healing.

You can also practice on practice dummies.

Telaran

Get yourself into a nice guild, it's far easier running experts with players who know one another, voice chat is a bonus, and you'll find people are happier healing / tanking in a guild situation as they won't feel so pressured to be perfect.
    This is what most are doing, so there are even less tanks or healers queuing solo.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by EU Yell View Post
    Get yourself into a nice guild, it's far easier running experts with players who know one another, voice chat is a bonus, and you'll find people are happier healing / tanking in a guild situation as they won't feel so pressured to be perfect.
    This is what most are doing, so there are even less tanks or healers queuing solo.
    THIS so much THIS. If your not in a guild your missing probably the best portion of .....well any MMO to be honest.

I queue all the time as dps, support and heals and it's near instant. I've also only quit one group that wiped on the first two pulls

Prophet of Telara

Once you get like 133k or so as a tank you will be able to carry a lot of fail through dungeons since it is easier for the healer to keep you up and dps can be in the 20-25k range which that should be bare minimum for dps.

Plane Walker

Yep, most days I just don't queue, I can't wait over an hour or two just to start doing something.

To me personally, queue isn't a major problem in itself. Rather, there's not enough to do while waiting for the queue.

When I have weeklies, I queue myself for experts and do weeklies. I do an occasional daily too. But when I'm out of weeklies, I don't have enough to do while I wait.

I can sometimes join a random NMR on landscape, I still enjoy those, but it's not always available, and it generally gets boring quickly.

I think an easy answer here is to make warfronts much more rewarding. They are fun enough, but there has to be some progression beyond the weekly and daily charges.

Maybe make "victory" boxes something like NMR boxes They should contain not just 1-2 platinum and a crappy piece of gear once in a blue moon, but some expert currency, minions, decent gear and a rare chance at a really good piece of gear.

I got an epic essence and 2 minions out of an NMR yesterday, the whole thing took me less than an hour. Sure, that's rare and I got lucky, but there's not even a chance to get so lucky in warfronts.

Another nice addition could be to increase rewards from IAs at lvl 65 too. Give some better rewards from daily IA charges. Maybe make a daily IA quest to do IAs in a specific zone.

I don't see how expert queues could be shortened for dps/support. But experience could be much improved by just giving us more ways to progress while we wait.
    Last edited by Yakmir; 12-01-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yakmir View Post
    I don't see how expert queues could be shortened for dps/support. But experience could be much improved by just giving us more ways to progress while we wait.
    Queuing as a tank is near instant, never fails. The issue is many tanks just simply do not wish to tank for a PUG. It's too much hassle. Same goes for Healers.

Trion could actually do something about this such as queuing as tank\heals providing a bonus, which would encourage more people to queue for tank\heals.

Plane Walker

So what the OP means is s/he is not in a playable state as a fresh 65. Hmm! Maybe cagles or tighten up. Let us reflect on that. Learn to tank and follow my lead. I warn peeps that I sucketh bad and to kick meh if they don't like it.

Plane Walker
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xamot View Post
    So what the OP means is s/he is not in a playable state as a fresh 65. Hmm! Maybe cagles or tighten up. Let us reflect on that. Learn to tank and follow my lead. I warn peeps that I sucketh bad and to kick meh if they don't like it.
    Maybe he doesn't like to tank.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Queuing as a tank is near instant, never fails. The issue is many tanks just simply do not wish to tank for a PUG. It's too much hassle. Same goes for Healers.

Trion could actually do something about this such as queuing as tank\heals providing a bonus, which would encourage more people to queue for tank\heals.
    Yeah, maybe it would be a good idea to encourage tanks and healers somehow.

But like I said, I personally have no issue with waiting in a queue. I'm pretty used to it taking a while to get a group. My previous game was Lotro, were there was no working instance finder. And my favorite days in WoW were also before instance finder, when you had to actively build a group and then ride across the world to the instance to summon everyone.

So I don't care that it takes an hour or two to sit in a queue. I just want to have more stuff to do while I wait. More options to progress.

as someone else said, join a guild. a good guild will have someone willing to do experts pretty much constantly. even if you cant get a full group together, as long as someone in it can queue as tank/heals it will go quick. some people also try to find groups in crossevents but those are only very marginally better than random pugs and they take much longer to form
    everything is inextricably inter-twingled
    ~Phillip Bertoni 1949-2011

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast