+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Why are you playing this game

Soulwalker

Default Why are you playing this game

PVP is extremelly unplayable. Trions system is so bad.They know it but doing nothing.
    PVE is simply boring. 2 raids, 5 dungeons...Is it joke?
    Role-playing is not bad. Dimensions are cool but for how long.
    And NM rifts - the same thing over and over again

Plane Touched

26d 18r

not 5d and 2r

Quote Originally Posted by wilsig View Post
    PVP is extremelly unplayable. Trions system is so bad.They know it but doing nothing.
    Why are you trolling Rift forums if you hate the game so bad? Send me your plat, delete characters, uninstall game. Problem solved. You are welcome.

Rift Master

That's pretty much the jest of EVERY MMO. Rift to me is extremely Free2Play on top of decent quality. The NMRs are a lot of fun to get into a group and challenge yourself. The dungeons are very repetitive but this happens in all MMOs.

The most hugest thing of Rift is the freedom to play how I want to when I want to. If I want to be a healer....role swap....im a healer....role swap.....I'm DPS.......now im support. This kind of freedom is just unseen in most other MMOs.

Sure theres balance issues but again you will find that in most all MMOs. There isn't a MMO that never gets repetitive.

WOW probably has a the most variety of dungeons and raids but most people that play that game have 5-6 max level characters for character variety and have seen all the same content at nauseam.

But I guess Rift also has a lot of things to look forward to as there are so many achievements to get just to say you did it.

The content is repetitive but for me at least its fun.

OP what MMO do you play and why?
    Last edited by Skeithe; 11-30-2014 at 01:04 PM.

People.

In a word. If content can't keep players, those who have strong social bonds will stay with the game.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

I am not playing the game anymore after they took away ALL PVP progression and tossed us a mystery box and called it progression. Then giving PVEers all the advantage in earning gear for pvp. Making PVPers raid for pvp gear is another big issue which makes no sense. There is no reason for a PVPer to log in this game anymore since everything that keeps a pvper logged in has been taken away. Very sad because this WAS my favorite game. Even before these changes took place many of us posted on these forums to not make these changes because it would cause people to leave and hurt the PVP community, no one listened and not people have left in mass looking for better options for pvp. My guild has no pvpers left in it, all my friends left, and many people will never come back thanks to "Gear Unification which means to take everything away from PVPers.....

PvP in most games are like this always something wrong with pvp I learn just stick with it, the pvper don't make the pvp any better with all there complaining, as I complain too but that bad what I see in game chat sometimes.

PvE I enjoy exploring the world still having fun there, I don't raid as I did in wow just a life sucker each keep in a raid, be lucky we have new dungeons at all.

I don't role play so I can't tell you there.

NM rift are the same thing we do every day, when we play mmo in general just how it is, people enjoy it and some don't.
    Last edited by Zaber; 11-30-2014 at 04:40 PM.

I like the soul system and the amount of stuff you can do.

Being able to switch between so many souls on a single character instead of leveling up 9+ chars and gearing them all out is a godsend for me. Having up to 20 role slots per char is great as well. I've only unlocked 14 but I make use of them all on a regular basis.

I even have an 'experimental' slot when I choose to just muck around with random builds or for specific achieves - like a 3-interrupt spec I used briefly to interrupt every Shard X9 cast abilities when soloing him for the "Shut Out Game" achieve.

Once I get enough REX I'll be unlocking the remaining 6 slots because there's a few more specs I would like to play around with.

There's also a LOT to do in the game. Of course this depends on your focus. If you're after maxing gear and getting World Firsts and put all efforts into that objective (as well as skipping all quest/roleplay text) then your enjoyment of the game once you meet your objective might not be as enjoyable.

On the other hand, I'm enjoying:
    • Questing and learning the lore of the Plane of Water;
    • Aiming for interesting achieves and (recently) the dungeon master portrait frame;
    • Figuring out the latest get-plat-quick schemes.
    • Farming experts and trying out different specs;
    • Running through some SL experts and soloing some of the bosses there (Tower of the Shattered is pretty easy in druidicar) and adjusting my specs to try to get through the mechanics solo;
    • Pushing NMRs (although only enjoyable in instanced versions where I don't have to deal with pug fail). Being one of those responsible for controlling and using powerups is quite enjoyable as I try to predict and max the use of them.
    • Raiding when I get the time/opportunity to do so and competing with other players' dps.
    • PvP; although for a while due to healing issues at the start of NT it was rather annoying. Right now there's also a lot more PvErs who just don't try and want a carried win. I still enjoy pvping for the most part though.
    • Fiddling with Dimensions and checking out other players' creations. Minions suddenly made creating stuff in dimensions a heck of a lot cheaper.

There's definitely issues I have with recent changes to the game though: Nightmare Tide mats NPCing for 1 silver; the high cost of Nightmare Tide consumables; the reduction in nodes and other parts of crafting that has caused the collapse in price of a lot of NT mats; looming issues with 'PvP gear' disparity as raiders get more raid gear/raid weapons; pug fails on open world NMRs; ability/server/general lag.

There's also the issue of essences being locked behind Nightmare: Master achievements. Although it's 'fine' whilst the bulk of players are still doing NM rifts; give it a few months and it will be increasingly harder for newer players to get those achieves unlocked.

However, overall I'm enjoying Rift far more than any other MMORPG I've played. Just hope Trion responds to some of the above concerns.

I have 50 days of Patron status left, so I might as well use it... though not even that has been enough to keep me really playing.

I login, play for about 10-15 minutes and just get absolutely disillusioned, then log out. Which is a pity because I used to play for hours every day prior to 3.0.

I poured tons of money into this game, only to have every aspect of it that I liked removed, and switched over to all the aspects of the game that I find tedious and dull.

I basically paid for the Trion dev team to run me out of the game I used to love.
    Last edited by -Shiva-; 11-30-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    Why are you trolling Rift forums if you hate the game so bad? Send me your plat, delete characters, uninstall game. Problem solved. You are welcome.
    This!

/10char
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Champion of Telara

I reinstalled the game a couple days ago after Meduza made an apt point in his most recent thread:
    These first few weeks of expansion.. warfonts have been incredibly competitive.

All the crybabies that care more about gear progression than the actual game are missing out on some really good PvP
    He had a point, so I stitched on my big boy knickers and got back to pvping. And yea, it's lopsided sometimes, but since a majority of people are in the same boat, it has made pvping more fun.
    Don't get me wrong, I still think the gear progression needs to be fixed so that you can gear up doing 2/3rds of the content and not 100% ie pvp and open world, or raiding and pvp or raiding and open world.
    Yea, I still will see a portion of the WF in grayscales, but at least it'll be fun
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

I play this game to kill the unkillable.

PvP's fine. PvE's a bit buggy but fine. Open-world content's good. Soultree customization is great. Wardrobes and dimensions are awesome. what's not to like?

p.s. MANUGO

Because it's hilarious being a roleplayer in this game where people tell me there are no roleplayers in existence today, the open RP is "90% crap" but yet I see people at Argent Glade every day exuding old world charm in Oxford English and I get to chat up some fine noble ladies and gentlemen of the realm despite all the wonderfully uncouth and improper hate lavished on newbies who even dare to utter the name of the utterly foul sport known as roleplaying

I jest of course. I do decently well in PvP, at least, when I'm in the correct mood to become a slayer of cornflakes and fruit loops at that certain time of the month. Seasonal availability of mercenary services! How quaint.

Also, I had someone bought me a sheep pet yesterday after no doubt being absolutely horrified at the loss of my previous flock in that ridiculous fanfic I wrote in my utter noobishness, and now I shall experiment with the construction of ceiling chairs in a personal figment of my imagination.

ps. You're welcome.
    Aishlaya@Faeblight - Ph.D. Explosive Sheep Husbandry

Sick of elitism and guild drama?
    Join "Born on the Vaiyuu"
    All-purpose social guild for all levels (PvP/PvE/Raiding/RP/Bacon Explosions)

... to do something good, something bad, something bat **** crazy!
    But to give you a proper answer, because it's still a lot of fun.
    ... end of line.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

Default I am friendly with Ghar

What could be better?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast