+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Why are you playing this game

Trolling troll is trolling. Rift is one of the most polished F2P games you will find. Go back to WOW or whatever game you are taking a break from while trolling.

General of Telara

Wow OP, this was your 1st post? lol.

Well, I'll take this at face value. Why am I playing this game? Wife aggro. Yup, into mobs of Nightmare rifts, dungeons and pvp. I have tried to get my wife into a lot of MMO's, but none have really been engaging. Until Rift. We are both pretty addicted to it. I mean, how awesome is it to have a wife that plays with you, instead of complaining that you are playing.

She loves the professions. I love Dims. I can go days just sending my minions out while working on 3-4 of my Dims.

LFT is always easy when she is by side, laying the smack down on Greenscale.

There is sooooooo much to do in this game.

PVE
    PVP
    Dims
    Professions
    Achievements
    Rifts
    RP
    Smack talk on chat
    Dungeons
    Raids
    Play with costumes
    Alts
    Run a guild and help out newbies.

If you find Rift boring, well you may want to expand your horizons and find another MMO that makes you happy. For me, Rift is the "all-in-one" game that provides hours of entertainment and helps cement the marriage. That is unless the wife gets better gear than me, then its duel time.

Welp, dunno if this is a huge troll or not... but each of us plays any game for many reasons. I don't really find it necessary to give mine.... but really, if this game doesn't offer you a thing, then you just need to go to another one.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsig View Post
    PVP is extremelly unplayable. Trions system is so bad.They know it but doing nothing.
    PVE is simply boring. 2 raids, 5 dungeons...Is it joke?
    Role-playing is not bad. Dimensions are cool but for how long.
    And NM rifts - the same thing over and over again
    I'm not, but that's not to say RIFT is a bad game. I just got hardcore capital city syndrome to the point where I was out finding bugs to report to the devs.

No clue how balanced pvp is right now, but if it's anything like it was at the end of storm legion, phys wins.

It's insanely easy to RP in RIFT, and dimensions are pretty cool, hell it's one of the more fun things about RIFT when you've got all your endgame gear.

Again, no clue on nightmare RIFTs, they seem like they would be more fun than hunt rifts, could be wrong on that though.
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85
    If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.
    Scratch that, it would be Blight on Thunderwing now, but I quit AA so I'm back as Lockshock on Vigil

Shadowlander

I was happy until the last expansion. My Toons were mapped out, I knew how much of what I needed to get what equipment etc. etc Now it's just a confusing mess of what needs to be purchased and what can be earned and is it really going to be worth it?
    The Plane of Water needs renaming the Plane of Misery.
    Goboro Reefs 3D play is limited to the first half dozen missions, as well it should because nobody ever played the underwater quests off Ember Isle anyway. The rest of the reef has a rule, stick to the main roads because there are very few alternate routes.
    Draumheim is just horrible. It's a confusing Labyrinth of potential mobs that agro from 2 blocks away and follow you for what seems like forever. Once all the necessary quests are done you never want to go back.
    Tarken Glacier would be more pleasant to play if the snow animation was removed. Can I do that in settings? Please tell me I can.
    What prompted this post was, since the Autumn Harvest I have been raising another character and I had a wonderful 5 weeks getting it to level 60. Waiting in hope that there would be some changes to PoW based on feedback.
    It's impossible to raise this Toons level further outside the plane of water so I'm back in again on my 4th trip and hate it already.

Rift Master

I have to say Draumheim was one of my most favorite zones.

Not since Everquest have I ever gotten lost in an MMO. Its a nice experience to explore and Draumheim had just enough of it to make it interesting.....plus you could easily cheat your way through by using the balloon things that throw you into the ocean to get to where you need to go easily, so its was a win win really.

Because I have been. And nothing out there has grabbed my attention for more than a few days. Which says a lot. Far from perfect, but more perfect than most others.

Soulwalker

Why?

It's fun, that's why. Do I need to say more? Nope.

Telaran

Default bored

I have let my subs go, and I will be playing less than ever now. Since 3 hits I've gone from playing 8 hrs a day, farming stuff to sell and so on to playng 10-15 mins a day do my minions. The economy is dead and the crafting is the worse any game out there has to offer.

Rift Disciple

agreed. my guild is dead to the point that at least 90% of the guild has just up and quit. all my real friends have quit to go play something else (usually wow) so no i dont play it anymore. i hoped 3.0 might actually have something to hold peoples attentions other than the hardcore raiders and fanboys. i dont see a reason to support a game that i spend maybe 5 minutes on to collect minion. 5 hours i waited for a dungeon to pop until i finally gave up and just left and went and played something that was actually enjoyable and not a tedious waste of money from a company that doesnt give a rats about its players. hell even GW is more fun than standing around doing the same stuff hour after hour and day after day.

Quote Originally Posted by thatrifter View Post
    Why?

It's fun, that's why. Do I need to say more? Nope.
    a little vague...

Shadowlander

Before I play anything I always check out the forums. As yet there is nothing worth leaving Rift to play. Bethesda seems to have lag problems with Skyrim and most of the other games have lame graphics or other issues. Having said that, with 4 level 65 toons there is nothing to keep my interest in Rift. Normally I get more than 8 months out of a game. What's missing?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by farmboy9 View Post
    Bethesda seems to have lag problems with Skyrim
    Not to mention the audio problems with the game volume being far too low, but nothing in Skyrim will ever get fixed now as they've dumped Skyrim into the "done developing" bin.

Rift Chaser

I poured tons of money into this game, only to have every aspect of it that I liked removed, and switched over to all the aspects of the game that I find tedious and dull.

I basically paid for the Trion dev team to run me out of the game I used to love.
    Whine! Really? You paid what you paid to enchance your experience doing something you enjoyed doing at the time, NO LOSS THERE!

my guild is dead to the point that at least 90% of the guild has just up and quit. all my real friends have quit to go play something else (usually wow) so no i dont play it anymore. i hoped 3.0 might actually have something to hold peoples attentions other than the hardcore raiders and fanboys. i dont see a reason to support a game that i spend maybe 5 minutes on to collect minion. 5 hours i waited for a dungeon to pop until i finally gave up and just left and went and played something that was actually enjoyable and not a tedious waste of money from a company that doesnt give a rats about its players
    Sounds like it was dead before 3.0? A lot of people drifted off during the wait for 3.0 once we knew it was happening. A natural lull sets in, people do other things and sometimes they stick to it realizing it's a change from something they've done for so long, it feels nice. You're not the only guild like this. BUT WoW? REALLY? .. EH>> braindead game.

As for the rest, are you trolling? 5 hr dungeon que? Never happens, Your fault btw if wait long que times. Get a suppoort, healing or tank roll and you're fine. Anyway, I think this is more crying than actual on all accounts.

The first reason I still play is I believe in Trion as a company wanting to be different then other game company's. Ya sure it has been rocky at times. I haven't always agreed with their decisions. Sometimes they have flat out made me mad. However I have always believed in them.

Second is the developers and community managers, they are so much a part of our community that many times we forget and embrace them as a best friend. Other times yell and get mad at them like that irritating little brother. They are faces we know and love. They do open themselves to us even when we dont notice it.

Third the community its self. We know the trolls, the baddies, the awesome, the cool,the adorkable. With cross shard we can know everyone and anyone. We are not stuck with one shard we have many. Also many of us dont just stick to NA or EU we cross the ocean to meet and make friends with many people of many countries. If you open yourself to the possibility's they are endless to know people.

Of coarse I love dimensions. I have tried many building games. Dimension are missing a lot I wish they could do. But I always come back to them. The things they can and are to me out weighs what I wish they could do. I am very attached to every item because they are someones creation on their own. Each item is something someone finished and loved for us.

I love the quests omgosh the one where you turn into a fish and if your on land you flop around. I am never turning that quest in. I love blowing up sheep. And utter demons who ever thought of that one, you are one sick puppy. Saving baby fish, getting mermaids wet....

Rifts I love nightmare rifts. However they need to drop more motes and the achievements are irritating. Still I love them.

I haven't raided or pvped yet this expansion. So I cant comment on them.

I just love RIFT.
    Last edited by Kitasia; 12-03-2014 at 08:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast