+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheDoomgiver

Thread: Problems with Target Macroes on Green daily mobs

Default Problems with Target Macroes on Green daily mobs

Just to make it a tad easy, so I don't have to click the screen every time, I made a short targeting macro for some of the green daily mobs. However it is not working as intended.

For example, the Beached Mermaids, I have: tar Beached. It does target one, but not what the one I would expect. Not sure how it is grabbing one, but I can stand right in front of one and hit the macro and it will select one 100+ meters away. Plus hitting it again does not cycle to another mob.

I have tried this on both of the beached mermaids and the udder demons with the same exact results.
    Last edited by Geopenguin; 11-20-2014 at 02:21 PM.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geopenguin View Post
    Just to make it a tad easy, so I don't have to click the screen every time, I made a short targeting macro for some of the green daily mobs. However it is not working as intended.

For example, the Beached Mermaids, I have: tar Beached. It does target one, but not what the one I would expect. Not sure how it is grabbing one, but I can stand right in front of one and hit the macro and it will select one 100+ meters away. Plus hitting it again does not cycle to another mob.

I have tried this on both of the beached mermaids and the udder demons with the same exact results.
    So far, I don't think you've described a problem with the command and what it's supposed to do.

The command is supposed to give you a target that fits the text you give it, and it does.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Telaran

There is a list on your pc with all npc's, mob's, player's etc. currently in sight.
    The tar-Macro basiclly searches through this list and finds the first one with a partially matching name. It will always take the same target if you press the button at the same position.
    Ascended - Casual Raid Guild - Brutwacht EU
    Sonra - Warrior

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

shouldnt the tar macro atleast target something nearby? it targets absolutely random stuff, which is sometimes much farther away than the nearest one (i hate clicking to target)

Telaran

At the moment, it just targets the first one it finds, this is somewhat random to us because we don't know how it searches.

But I support a possible change so that the "tar"-command selects the nearest target if multiple exist,
    or an additional command called "tarnearest" or something like that.
    Last edited by Onmar; 11-21-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    Ascended - Casual Raid Guild - Brutwacht EU
    Sonra - Warrior

+ Reply to Thread