+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mount Sharax lockout bug...

Thumbs down Mount Sharax lockout bug...

Hello... I am making this post to see if anyone has run into this lockout bug in Mt Sharax where two people in the same instance go back in with different instance IDs?

My guild went on Sunday night killed the first two trash mobs (holy helluva of an aggro range!) and we made some nice attempts on first boss. We tried to go back in tonight and two of our members (BOTH in the raid the night before) had different instance locks. Moreover, NO ONE ELSE in the same raid had a lockout.

We only knew we had different lockouts by using /dungeoninfo. The lockouts didnt show up in our character screen. Since when does killing trash in that 20m give you a lockout? Why did ONLY two of us get a different instance ID while the other same 18 had none?

When I contacted a GM to reset my lockout. .. he said he could not. I know for a fact it has been done before - perhaps we have the wrong guild name? I am guessing IF we were a better known guild this would have been fixed immediately.

Well we 19m it and almost killed it. We will this lockout for sure. It just sucks after our friken 36 hour Faeblight roll back we couldn't have had better CS.

Please advise what we should do in the future.

Septictank CO-GM
    Dawn of Terror @ Faeblight - longest running raiding guild in the game

I've never heard of anyone getting a raid instance ID reset via support and we've tried in the past about two years ago.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 11-17-2014 at 10:57 PM.

It has happened one time (that I know of) when a guild was in a raid instance, server crashed, short roll back, and the raid force had different instance IDs. They changed it then. Also, this is obviously a bug. They need to fix this. It was a raid killer and unacceptable.

Septictank

Quote Originally Posted by Bringer View Post
    It has happened one time (that I know of) when a guild was in a raid instance, server crashed, short roll back, and the raid force had different instance IDs. They changed it then. Also, this is obviously a bug. They need to fix this. It was a raid killer and unacceptable.

Septictank
    That's exactly the circumstances when we were denied a reset. It was inside of Endless Eclipse somewhere around a year and a half ago (shortly after release, so between there and two years, don't remember an exact date).

It is a bug, obviously. Keep trying Live Chat and see if you can get a different GM that might have the power to do it, or at least you'll learn their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    That's exactly the circumstances when we were denied a reset. It was inside of Endless Eclipse somewhere around a year and a half ago (shortly after release, so between there and two years, don't remember an exact date).
    The difference between your experience and mine is just another example of poor CS. One guild gets it one does not. It would have been simple to remove a lock from a single player (even after having ACT logs that show the same raid different lockouts). I just want an official policy stated on the forums to be referred back to in the future. Finally, there seems to be a discrepancy of the lockout removal.

Septictank

I quote myself from another thread:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...sible-bug.html

We had the same problem last week. When Mount Sharax opened we where searching for the portal and one player that was not in the group entered the instance alone not doing anything and leaving right away.
    The next day when this player should join the raid he was not able to because he was locked to a different ID on this instance (not any ID showing up in the instance locks, as does Mount Sharax generally does not currently).
    What is interesting is that the same player joined the raid with another character and progressed on the second boss, getting zoned into MS by group summon. The same player tried to enter MS for some KBM development purposes for 2nd boss and entered MS on his own, thinking he got an id for progressing (based on experience with the id locks), and entered a completely new id, getting bound to the instance to another id as the rest of the raid...

So plz trion, fix this asap
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

Default Dev response?

So in a sad way I am glad it just was not our guild. However, 1) what is being done about this bug? and 2) what can GMs do when it occurs? I KNOW some GMs have the power to reset the instance lock... but will they?

An official Trion response would be most appreciated.

Septictank

GMs told us they couldnt do anything about instance locks (after 5 mins of explaining that it is not a problem with dungeon lock but a raid id...)
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

+ Reply to Thread