+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Too bad you guys didnt drop 3.0 11/14/14

Telaran

Default £££

They just put up the subs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I give Blizzard some sympathy because it seems someone is trying to DDOS them hard, but yeah, there are other issues in which they should have been prepared but are not.

It is funny how much they still expect people to pay $15/month, after 14 months of ZERO content and then people pony up $50+ for the expansion only to have it crash and burn where people like myself and my gf haven't been able to play it since launch.

I know they will offer free time to everyone, but it still looks really bad on their part.

I guess Trion has the benefit of not being as popular you don't have children attacking them because whatever. lol
    Well....Archage was and is a mess.
    Rift launches have been okay all three times so far, little hiccups but nothing huge.

I played the WoW xpac for 8 hours last night without a single issue, no lag, no problems. There were reports the first night, I have not seen any since that affected players.

There are queues however, my old guild moved so I went to that server to see if I could use my insta-90 to rejoin them instead of paying 25 bucks to transfer... the shard was locked and the queue was 386 players. Yeah.

I Rift, therefore I am.

Plane Walker

I recall a thread to two about 3.0 failed launch. People here called it lies when Trion said it was DDoS. I am curious if those same people believe Blizz is lying too.
    I do laugh at peeps that play the first day or even first week for that matter. It has never worked and it never will. You can take that to the bank.

The first quest in the expansion gives you gear with a paywall restriction. This expansion was never meant for new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamot View Post
    I recall a thread to two about 3.0 failed launch. People here called it lies when Trion said it was DDoS. I am curious if those same people believe Blizz is lying too.
    You can withhold disclosing the individual capacity of any given server or cluster, but you can't hide them (directly*) from the internet (players are connecting to them!). It's readily apparent to anyone with even a tiny bit of knowledge whether a claim of a DDOS attack is true or BS. It's very easy to independently confirm it.

I don't know about any specific to RIFT and the Nightmare Tide launch, but ArcheAge was subject to several large scale DDOS attacks and has been the target of a continued tide of smaller ones throughout. RIFT has been taking collateral damage due to that in some form or fashion. You can look at any realtime map of internet traffic and see these attacks live and progress.

* obviously, there is some network protection and load balancing that goes on.
    <Moonshadow> Deepwood Denizens:
    Ariarisha * Kalentiri * Revantari * Lilavasi * Rhonwen

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Rift launches have been okay all three times so far, little hiccups but nothing huge.
    TBH Rift third launch saw a 15 days delay which i won't define as an "okay" service to the people that preordered.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    You'd think after 14 months of no content and having WoD on Beta for months Blizzard would have been better "prepared"

Here's an example of a happy subscriber on the first day of launch...

**warning** contains excessive foul language and viewer discretion is advised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ4cDFOflwo
    That guy is epic. Either he's really that mad or a great actor.

I've had 4 friends approach me in-game and see if I wanted to go join them in WoW since this expansion started. Now I'm glad I didn't take them up on the offer yet due to all the issues.

Default FYI: for fanboys - 3 days later, warcraft doing quite well - 1 month later, Rift lag?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    WoW players are PIST, 4-8 hour queue times, extreme server lag, multiple large scale DDOS attacks, mass hysteria, and butts flying in the air.

Just saying.
    LAWL. I got up at 2:30am, managed to get to a bottleneck quest giver that probably had thousands of people trying to (find) click it. Went to work that day and came home to 1600 minute queue times. Took off work Friday and still had 1600+ minute queue times - so played Rift and enjoyed myself thoroughly. Saturday - same, until the server crashed and I managed to get inb4 the masses. One would think Blizz would learn. I know more than a few that have cancelled their account(s) as well as many that attempted to come back, only to have paid 50 bucks to sit in a 10 hour queue.

Shield of Telara

I am not sure how not having large queues is not dropping the ball. WoW had tons of people want to come back to the point they had massive queues. Not that many people wanted to come back to Rift. There were medium pops during prime time on some shards. What would have happened in rift if people actually came back and it created queues? We have lag if you have not noticed. People have been complaining about it since launch. Think how bad it would be if all the shards were maxed out with people.

Not to mention one shard lost 25 hours of game play not to mention something like 10 hours of server downtime afterwards and very little compensation for it.
    Last edited by Manasha; 11-18-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasha View Post
    I am not sure how not having large queues is not dropping the ball. WoW had tons of people want to come back to the point they had massive queues. Not that many people wanted to come back to Rift. There were medium pops during prime time on some shards. What would have happened in rift if people actually came back and it created queues? We have lag if you have not noticed. People have been complaining about it since launch. Think how bad it would be if all the shards were maxed out with people.

Not to mention one shard lost 25 hours of game play not to mention something like 10 hours of server downtime afterwards and very little compensation for it.
    That will always stick in my craw, the shabby way we on Faeblight were treated around the rollback.

As bad as lag is, yes, all servers being full to capacity would make it that much worse, but I find it worrisome that Rift had no queues.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Every single server is full and has been since day 1 of the x-pac.

Accurate description of wow servers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ2a0VaOQM

I don't understand how anyone who has every played an mmo can complain about queue's right after an expansion release unless its rifts xpac which as some pointed had no queue's on any server from what I could see.

I think blizzard did the best they could, you can't do much when literally millions and millions of players are trying to play all at the same time.

I had queue's for 5+ hours first few days but when I was able to get in had pretty much no lag so those who got in could play wod with no problems and wod is looking to be one of the best wow xpacs ever.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269759060

Today I logged in at prime eu time and had only a 10 minute queue on one of the higher pop servers.

Champion

Yes, Blizzard had major issues at WoD launch, however, this is how a professionally run company makes things right with customers after a failure:

In recognition of the difficulties so many of you ran into when trying to play over the first few days, we're adding five daysí worth of extra time to every subscription in the Americas, Oceania, and Europe that was active as of Friday, November 14. Things are already in a much better place than they were going into the weekend, so I hope youíll now be able to focus on having a ton of fun with this expansion.
    From: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15269759060

That's in addition to the other fixes like hardware upgrades and software changes that have been going on to address the issues since launch. There are still a few servers with queues apparently, but my husband and I have been playing since launch with few issues and no queues since launch day. Blizz knows what they're doing.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

The real funny thing about this WoW situation, anyone there had to pay twice (subscription AND expansion), to even get into the queues.
    Activision/Blizzard got a lot of money, and they still only start to work on their servers, when the problem is allready in full progress... since they are sure, that in a few weeks or months a lot of people are burned out again and will leave again, until the next content update comes through.
    Yep, they are really professionals over there, exspecially in the money counting and doing everything to keep it department.

And to be honest, i can recall a time, when they did gave out several 1-free-day to your subscription, when there were problems ingame... but i think that stopped right when Activision stepped in - so, those 5 days can be counted as an early christmas mircale.

Just saying, i'm rather willing to cut Trion Worlds some slack with the current Rift problems, then i would be willing to cut Activision/Blizzard some slack with WoD problems - since they have (and even got more from the expansion sales) cash to prevent those problems right from the start.
    Last edited by Schneeball; 11-18-2014 at 12:58 PM.
    Rift, acend-a-friend code: E7DNGTZMQKXWGD77CC72
    Trove, refer-a-friend code: TJCQWZ3EK2MGYTEQHT9Q
    and thank you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast