+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest - Potion Quests not repeatable??

General of Telara

Default Autumn Harvest - Potion Quests not repeatable??

So its that time of year again where artifact collectors get all excited for what is in my opinion the most fun event of the year.
    We log on and wait for the autumn Harvest event to begin. It pops up and we start collecting fungus hurray! We then go over to the event instance ready to hand in our haul for lots of potions woo!.... but oh wait..... its not.... repeatable????!!!!!!*$$%?Sshabadoodaba!!!??!!

I hope this is just a bug because otherwise the best Event of the Rift Calendar has just be ruined : /
    Last edited by Balidin; 10-30-2014 at 10:21 AM.

I couldn't agree more.
    I hurried home from work all exited, just to find that there's only a few daily quests to do, and if you want more dimension items , gear etc. you have to pay with credits.
    I'm NOT impressed

What?!

You can buy the potions with ambersap. 81 ambersap for a bag of 10 random autumn harvest potions. Given how readily ambersap is dropping from rifts, you should be able to have a good pile of potions.
    - Home of my Rift Beta liveblog.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenor View Post
    You can buy the potions with ambersap. 81 ambersap for a bag of 10 random autumn harvest potions. Given how readily ambersap is dropping from rifts, you should be able to have a good pile of potions.
    No, those are the Visual Effect Potions not the ones that let you see the artifacts.

<O└d Skool>

Default Lets hope this is a bug and not an intended change.

One would hope if this was an intended change they would have made some form of announcement or added it to the patch notes.

Maybe a CM or Dev will happen to see this post and give some verification?

<O└d Skool>

Gah, really? OK, that's a problem.
    - Home of my Rift Beta liveblog.

General of Telara

This must be a bug. If not then I really dunno what to say.

Collecting lots of artifacts and fungus was what made this into my favorite event in Rift, and with this change I don't think I'm going to bother with it at all anymore.

Plane Touched

You can look at it two ways...

1st - if the potion quest was repeatable and we were able to farm Tens of Thousands of artrfacts like many of us did in previous years, dream ribbons and all recipes associated would be worthless, and a big part of the game economy would collapse along with a large part of the artifact resales.

on the other hand, like everyone else I was not expecting this change and had played and dealt with this event in mind - another stealth nerf from trion !

In the end, I think it's something they had to do, and the game will be better for it, except of course that we can trust trion EVEN LESS AFTER THEIR AH CHANGE and general lack of communiction on many issues......

Thanks again trion

General of Telara

Its only for a couple of weeks a year. It might have a temporary effect on ribbon/orb prices but this is outweighed by the sheer fun people have during the event. I am very very disapointted in the change if its not a bug and I am also getting pretty tired of the lack of communication from Trion in general

I rushed home from work to go artifacts-weeohoy, my all time favourite event is ruined

Dimensions: Summer Cottage@Gelidra, Twisted Fairytale@Gelidra, T.A.R.D.I.S@Gelidra, Desperation@Gelidra, 11:th Hour@Gelidra, Bunny Suicides@Gelidra, Lost@Gelidra / By Avalania: Mad Doctors lab@Gelidra,

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    One would hope if this was an intended change they would have made some form of announcement or added it to the patch notes.
    For the life of me, I can't possibly fathom why you would expect this. They don't announce stuff like this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    Maybe a CM or Dev will happen to see this post and give some verification?
    *uproarious laughter*... Oh wait... you were serious?
    Last edited by Dylbert; 10-30-2014 at 01:28 PM. Reason: fixed quote attribution
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McTwistie View Post
    1st - if the potion quest was repeatable and we were able to farm Tens of Thousands of artrfacts like many of us did in previous years, dream ribbons and all recipes associated would be worthless, and a big part of the game economy would collapse along with a large part of the artifact resales.
    This. The flood of artifact last year on the market was CRAZY. The options I had were to either SEVERELY nerf the number of artifacts available while under the potion's effect or gate the supply of potions. I went with the latter.

on the other hand, like everyone else I was not expecting this change and had played and dealt with this event in mind - another stealth nerf from trion !

In the end, I think it's something they had to do, and the game will be better for it, except of course that we can trust trion EVEN LESS AFTER THEIR AH CHANGE and general lack of communiction on many issues......
    There has never been and never will be a promise that content from a seasonal event will remain unchanged year to year. We retire some items, add new items, retool some content, and/or add content in the downtime between annual events. These changes are not announced because they are not changes to Live content.

If I had to nerf the rates during the event, then yes I would announce that. But each event gets to launch with a clean slate.

I am getting ready to add some new Fae Yule quests and achievements. Those won't be in any patch notes either. You'll get to find them when the event goes Live in December.

I understand some disappointment, but this is consistent with how all our cyclical events have always run.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Shadowlander

how did you start it early?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast