+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Autumn Harvest - Potion Quests not repeatable??

So, they added in a way to get artifacts with next to no effort (Minions), and people are still complaining that they can't get OMG ALL THE ARTIFACTS anymore in a 2 week world event?

Granted, a courtesy head's up might have been nice - a small note under the announcement on the updates notes stating the potions were no longer unlimited is all that was needed.

However, claiming this change has destroyed Rift for people is very much an exaggeration on people's part. Being upset with the change is fine, going all emo is ... well ...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    I think the reasons Trion have explained for this change have entirely eluded you. It's HUMAN NATURE that lead to this change, the nature of some players to abuse mechanics for their own ends.

I think you don't see what's really going on here. Trion's explanations for this change are ridiculous. First of all, their was no abuse of mechanics. They allowed you to farm as many potions as you wanted, the potions were for finding artifacts. How is that abuse. They already cut down the amount of artifacts on the AH with the 2.8 AH changes. With Dreamweaver less and less artifacts are ending up on the market.

They have slowly been removing everyone's methods of farming and making plat in this game for a while now. The less plat that is made, the more real money is spent on the store. Just like the new crafting reagents are 1p each, when in SL they were only 20g. Less plat in circulation means more money for them.

Pon
    Soulwalker

I'll just throw my 2 cents in- the changes made to this event were severe and frankly, not a shred of common sense was given in the course of making said changes.

I'm fortunate i have dozens of potions saved from last year i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Halowed View Post
    So, they added in a way to get artifacts with next to no effort (Minions), and people are still complaining that they can't get OMG ALL THE ARTIFACTS anymore in a 2 week world event?
    Maybe but why are always the artefacts that get cutbacks. First the they crashed the artefact ah market. Then despite that the artefact adventures are already the rarest within a week of giving us them they get nerfed. And now the same for the event. For heavens sake why don't they nerf the dim items tsunami which we drown in at the moment instead of smashing as many hammers on the heads of artefact collectors as they can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    Maybe but why are always the artefacts that get cutbacks. First the they crashed the artefact ah market. Then despite that the artefact adventures are already the rarest within a week of giving us them they get nerfed. And now the same for the event. For heavens sake why don't they nerf the dim items tsunami which we drown in at the moment instead of smashing as many hammers on the heads of artefact collectors as they can find.
    I agree with the dim item tsunami. It's getting ridiculous. I almost feel like I HAVE to make a dim just so I don't feel like the items are going to waste.

Did they nerf the minion artifact adventures? I haven't noticed it if they did.

I came back from a long break and I was looking forward to finally finish old artifacts collection. Been farming in old word areas trying to loot them but after days I still didn't. I guess in a year or two i'll finish them. Cause no one is putting artifacts on AH anymore with the dreamweaving. They could've put some cap on it, just not only one potion! Like a repeatable quest with daily charges (a fixed amount of time you can do it per day)....not only once! What's gonna happen is that ppl will create alt over an over again to be able to do it more than once a day.

I agree with the dim item tsunami. It's getting ridiculous. I almost feel like I HAVE to make a dim just so I don't feel like the items are going to waste.

There was a change before that 15 min artefact adventures could get sometimes somewhat like a crit resulting in a few more artefacts. Now those are capped at two artefacts.
    Last edited by Lufia5; 10-31-2014 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    For heavens sake why don't they nerf the dim items tsunami which we drown in at the moment instead of smashing as many hammers on the heads of artefact collectors as they can find.
    The new dimension item adventures have been a real blessing for those who actually build dimensions, in the past it has been extremely time consuming to farm world drops for dimensions, getting maybe one item per day, I think the pace of all the adventures is just fine.

If you have issues with too many dimension items you can always store them in a dimension, sell them on the AH, or donate them to people who need the items.

I get the throttling of the artifact collection. I had a few potions left over from last year and the artifacts was never a huge, huge thing.

I am a bit gutted about the lack of repeatable quests for ambersap. The only reason I have been hopping up and down for this event is to stock up on dimension items. I am not a huge adv but the silly quests you could do in the autumnfest zone were great fun, big groups of us flying through the quests and I met some great people through that.

Is there an intention to bring more quests live? Amend the rewards of them just to Ambersap?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Newest Dimensions - "C-RP Monfrey Estate" - Chay, Legions Lost Factory - Dancingmoon. 2018 Storyroom winner - "Lest We forget" - Karinerasis.
    Typhiria - EU (Argent survivor) - Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpis View Post
    Hmm. One thing that may put a slightly different spin on that--simply put, have you paid attention to how *few* artifacts there seem to be in the new zones?
    I have also noticed this, in my time of leveling through the three zones (since NT released) I have only seen 2 artifacts. Yesterday I used my patron artifact vial and on the 30 minutes found 1 artifact.
    Last edited by Nouvae; 10-31-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpis View Post
    Wow...the entitlement is so thick in this thread you can cut it with a knife, especially from those upset that their Monty Haul giveaway got cut back.

First off, the devs have made some very good points about how badly the massive availability of artifacts affects the economy, especially with them being crafting mats now in addition to the collections.

Second, someone posted 'comparison' pics of this year's event and last years, showing how there were far fewer players in the instance. How have you failed to realize that this is a good thing, meaning less people camping/fighting over the resources in the instance (the liferoots and other things for 'helping the minions', as well as the artifact spawns themselves)? Have people already forgotten the very similar problem with the crab quest right near the start of the NT content just released? That mess made a Black Friday sale battlefield look like a prayer meeting.

Third...as another poster pointed out, it could be worse: The potions could be available only as cash store purchases (with a sop of having to do a PvP event *and* a dungeon/raid in order to get a one-time 'free' one), rather like the recent 'promotional' events.

And finally...I think people here are just plain failing to comprehend the point of a seasonal event. On any MMO I know, these things are designed purely as side content--you run a few themed daily missions, collect rewards for them, and then continue on with your normal gameplay. Instead, people here seem to be intent on poopsocking the thing, farming fungus and then artifacts All. Day. Long. Yeesh.
    I don't think it fair of you to criticize how other people who aren't YOU enjoy playing their game. The "side content" may be what they enjoy most about the game. They may even like it enough to play it All. Day. Long. Yeesh. As for your second point, if you think making a world event into something as lifeless as possible is a "good thing", then kudos to you for getting your wish. There were no real "camping/fighting over resources" issues because people were grouping and working together as they would in an IA. And artifacts spawn EVERYWHERE in the fae instance so competition really wasn't an issue. All the previous years activity made the game seem, well, more active. Now this event is so dead and barren that even the npc's in the harvest realm look like they don't want to be there. Even new players took notice of this years event and voiced their disappointment in general chat. As for those comparison pictures you mentioned, maybe you should have read what was posted rather than assuming the screenshots were before and after pictures.
    **Bank Access** is a dimension created to help fellow Rifters and is found on every NA shard. Deposit, withdraw, craft and parse at anytime in a serene and peaceful setting!
    Ravenfaire-Gothess@hailol. Dims: Greenwood, Argh You Ready, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle by the Sea

I was thinking maybe since everyone does like repeatables. Maybe next year you could change it so once a day you get the artifact potion, and after that it turns into a amber sap potion. Where all the shinnys turn into sap we can run around and grab sap for hours.

I know its not the same as artifacts but could be fun to run after.

Ascendant

The quality level of artifacts went up a bit from higher successes but the quantity went down. I got the orange from the march warden set the other day along with like two blues, so that was way more exciting than 10 whites aka 30 ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitasia View Post
    I was thinking maybe since everyone does like repeatables. Maybe next year you could change it so once a day you get the artifact potion, and after that it turns into a amber sap potion. Where all the shinnys turn into sap we can run around and grab sap for hours.

I know its not the same as artifacts but could be fun to run after.
    this does sound fun.
    **Bank Access** is a dimension created to help fellow Rifters and is found on every NA shard. Deposit, withdraw, craft and parse at anytime in a serene and peaceful setting!
    Ravenfaire-Gothess@hailol. Dims: Greenwood, Argh You Ready, Howl's Moving Castle, Castle by the Sea

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #105
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Would I entertain ideas such as slightly lengthening the duration of the potions? Sure. I'll bring it up tomorrow. No promises, but I'll look into it. But there will not be a return to limitless artifacts.
    Follow up on this - potion duration will be increased - more than slightly. Hold onto your pots. With next weeks hotfix, Autumn Eyes potion durations will be extended to 1, 2, and 3 minutes.

Also, I am reducing the number of Rifts needing closing for one of dailies from 5 to 3.

*edit* to add: I am also changing the cost of the potions in the store from 1 Signet to 200 Ambersap. This way, if players want to grind out extra potions, they can, but they will do so participating mostly in group activities such as Rifts and Zone Events as opposed to gathering fungi in Stonefield.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 10-31-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast