+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Snedhepl
  • 2 Post By Snedhepl

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Question about minion adventure rewards

Telaran

Default Question about minion adventure rewards

Scenario:

Minion A is lvl 10 with 12 points in AIR.

Minion B is lvl 14 with 15 points in AIR and 8 points in FIRE.

Lets say both are sent on same adventure. The adventure has air and fire attributes.

Minion A has full star success.

Minion B has full star success.

Question:

Since both minions have full star success, the loot should be almost the same?

I doubt it, I can only assume that the rewards are pulled from a pool of like ranked rewards. That is to say, Minnion A and Minnion B will gain rewards from the full star pool, but as there are many different rewards within that pool what each get may differ a lot or not at all, luck of the draw as it were.

That's my guess anyway. I've not tested this theory one way or another to say for sure.

Active Dimensions - Mupi's Home

I think the more your minion matches the adventure, the better the rewards are.

So, while your air minion and your air/fire minion both did excellent on the adventure, the air/fire minion will get better rewards because the adventure was air/fire.

That's my take from it.

Telaran

I guess my main question is,

do all the rolls happen before star reward is determined? And what star you get is the definite precursor for what loot you get?

So if we have 6 stars of success, and you can also get half a star, does that mean there are 12 pools of loot?

So when my lvl 4 minion rolls to achieve 3 and half stars, and my lvl 20 minion rolls to achieve 3 and half stars, do they draw loot from the same pool?
    Last edited by Nolfster; 10-30-2014 at 04:47 AM.

Soulwalker

I would also like a better explanation on how this works. I get five star successes all the time, but, I'm not sure how the loot return works if i have higher stats. The one thing I've noticed is I'm getting higher level loot with my minions, but that could just be the fact that I am new to the game so I've gained a lot of character levels while leveling my minions. If that is the case, the five star success is a little deceiving and a better explanation or information window should be used to show the success of the mission.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Every adventure has a set of rewards, which consists of two aspects:
    1. Data on the dice to roll.
    2. A list of reward tiers. Each with a threshold and instructions on how to dispense loot. There can be anywhere from 0 to 6 tiers depending on the adventure. We're not limited by these numbers and could make an adventure with 20 tiers if we cared to.

Stars are a representation of how many tiers you got through. If you got to the last tier you always get six stars. If you get halfway through you get 3 stars. To determine what tier you get we do the dice roll then add the value of every matching stat.

Examples (all minion names and numbers made up):
    You have Candy Cornan and send him on a fire/artifact adventure, he only has the death stat. The random dice roll comes up to be 12. The threshold for the 2nd tier is 11. And there are two tiers Candy Cornan receives 6 stars.

You have Burninator, a fire elemental who has a value of 5 in fire and send him on the same fire/artifact adventure. The random dice roll comes up 2. His total for the adventure is 7 and he gets the first tier. He receives 3 stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolfster View Post
    I guess my main question is,

do all the rolls happen before star reward is determined? And what star you get is the definite precursor for what loot you get?

So if we have 6 stars of success, and you can also get half a star, does that mean there are 12 pools of loot?

So when my lvl 4 minion rolls to achieve 3 and half stars, and my lvl 20 minion rolls to achieve 3 and half stars, do they draw loot from the same pool?

Telaran

Thanks for information.

Based on your example, does that mean minion level is irrelevant for calculation of reward?

And all that matters is how much points in fire/air/etc does he have+rolled number?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Every adventure has a set of rewards, which consists of two aspects:
    1. Data on the dice to roll.
    2. A list of reward tiers. Each with a threshold and instructions on how to dispense loot. There can be anywhere from 0 to 6 tiers depending on the adventure. We're not limited by these numbers and could make an adventure with 20 tiers if we cared to.

Stars are a representation of how many tiers you got through. If you got to the last tier you always get six stars. If you get halfway through you get 3 stars. To determine what tier you get we do the dice roll then add the value of every matching stat.

Examples (all minion names and numbers made up):
    You have Candy Cornan and send him on a fire/artifact adventure, he only has the death stat. The random dice roll comes up to be 12. The threshold for the 2nd tier is 11. And there are two tiers Candy Cornan receives 6 stars.

You have Burninator, a fire elemental who has a value of 5 in fire and send him on the same fire/artifact adventure. The random dice roll comes up 2. His total for the adventure is 7 and he gets the first tier. He receives 3 stars.
    Last edited by Nolfster; 10-30-2014 at 08:43 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Essentially correct, however, level influences the attributes and their values.

Quote Originally Posted by Nolfster View Post
    Thanks for information.

Based on your example, does that mean minion level is irrelevant for calculation of reward?

And all that matters is how much points in fire/air/etc does he have+rolled number?

Additional question: I have a fire/artifact adventure. Is there a difference if I send a 11 fire minion versus a 6 fire/5 artefact minion or are the stats just added on top of the dice roll?

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

As far as the dice roll is concerned there's no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    Additional question: I have a fire/artifact adventure. Is there a difference if I send a 11 fire minion versus a 6 fire/5 artefact minion or are the stats just added on top of the dice roll?

And if the rewards are claimed by a level 22 alt instead of the level 63 main that started it, are the rewards supposed to be level appropriate to the collector? (I won't do that again =/)
    The Road Less Traveled, Hypnotique, Hero's Quest: Belly of the Beast, Avalon, Doubleohhseven's Avatar v2.0, Promenade Penthouse, Hero's Quest: Sleeping Beauty, Mabhe's Quadradream, Everwinter, Karthan Paradise, Halls of Intoxication, Court of Shadows, Dreamscapes, Lost in Wonderland, Hero’s Quest: Hidden Canyon, Bywater, Sanguine Summer
    Greybriar Dimension Geek

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedor View Post
    And if the rewards are claimed by a level 22 alt instead of the level 63 main that started it, are the rewards supposed to be level appropriate to the collector? (I won't do that again =/)
    The rewards are indeed level appropriate to the collector.

+ Reply to Thread