+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Leveling in NT

Soulwalker

Default Leveling in NT

I have been enjoying the new zones a lot, they are beautiful. I've been having fun exploring and doing the quests, except for a few buggy ones of course. So far, I have completed all the quests available to me in the plane of water (minus about 15 carnage quests), did 7-8 zone events, won a few warfronts, completed the 3 new dungeons twice each and guess what... I'm not even 65 yet ! Are you kidding me ? I'm still 15% away from 65 which is about 6 million xp and i'm out of quests to do.. and I was careful about completing the zones has much has I could before moving on to the next one..

I do understand I can still finish leveling with warfronts, dungeons, dailies, etc. but still, I have never seen something like this before, running out of quests except for a few side ones before reaching max level ?! It would seem like the 60-65 leveling was based around having vials, which not everyone has, and to me, this does not make any sense.. it's disappointing to be honest. Especially if you compare it with Storm Legion, this is day and night.

I really do hope something will be done about this, like decreasing a bit the xp needed for the lvl 64 or adding more quests, it would be a great start. But as someone who has always been enjoying questing and playing multiple chars at once, I don't think I will be leveling my alts anytime soon, especially with how long it took me so far and I've been playing A LOT.

I've also seen a bunch of threads of people complaining about the restrictions this expansion has with the void stones and all, and how it looks more like a P2W game. To me, as one of the many casual players in the game, it's things like this that actually does not make me want to give you my money. Having the feeling that you have to pay do play the game in a more "normal" way, does not really make me want to do so. In Storm Legion, I had lots of fun, didn't feel much restrictions and in the end, I was happy to buy a pack and give you my support. But right now, no matter how great the zones are, it's not looking good on that matter.

My 2 cents.
    PS: Sorry for the mistakes, english isn't my first language.

Rift Disciple

Hmm, thats interesting. I hit 64 before even leaving the first zone with all the side quests and carnages. I was 65 before I even got the main city of Daugheim.

Soulwalker

yeah i ran out of quests and im 6 bubbls from 65. somethings is wrong here

It's pretty unfortunate they designed the xp curve around having patron/vials.

Soulwalker

and if anyones wondering i didnt skimp on the sidequests or carnage quests either.

Champion of Telara

I have done most of Goboro Reef and Draumheim, I'm missing about 5 carnages in each and 10 quests. I haven't yet stepped into Tarken Glacier. I have not done a single Warfront, and I haven't done a single Dungeon. I have however done 10 Workorders per day in Draumheim, which is about 4.5 - 5 million exp or so. Not a patron, no vial, but I had 40% rested exp throughout the entirety of this "journey". I am 94% into lvl63.

I'd actually wager that they have added too much experience in quests.

Telaran

I hit 65 (the first time....effin failblight rollback....) using a combo of 80% and 160% vials I had in inventory. Then bought an additional 3 sets for level 64-65. After rollback (sub-20% into level 63), I had no vials with which to re-level. Those weren't returned to me, only the credits used to purchase the vials the first time.

The laughable "apologies" that were implemented by Trion due to their failure caused me to choose not to repurchase these from the store. So, the 2nd time around has been quite challenging, to say the least. I've spent 12-ish hours getting back to about 50% into level 64 again. I just can't seem to get back into Rift due to this and not sure how much more I will actually continue to play. I was a hardcore player/raider up to this point. Not so much anymore....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vixiar View Post
    It's pretty unfortunate they designed the xp curve around having patron/vials.
    I get the feeling that this is mostly the case. I have patron status, 40% exp boost, and did as much as possible in Goboro and Draumheim and just barely made it to 64 before heading into Tarken. This is also with the help of the 25% exp boost they gave us on Wolfsbane for the weekend.

I have now done just over half of the quests in Tarken and only only 50% of the way through 64 with the aid of an 80% exp boost. So that's a total of 145% exp boost which still only gets me half way through 64. On top of that all the quests I have now are level 65.

All told I don't see how a non-patron without the use of exp vials could get to 65 just through questing.
    Last edited by Eritix; 10-27-2014 at 03:32 AM.

Rift Master

I would say to a point the leveling experience is made with vials in mind.

I mean why wouldn't you??? Half the thread is having trouble leveling the other half isn't.

I am having no trouble leveling without the vials. I would gladly sit at level 64 just completing dailies and NMRs till I have level 65 as these are actually more important than my level.

HECK I imagine some people aren't even DOING the quests and are just grinding out what they KNOW they need to to advance.

I should probably stop questing and jump on that as well as I would like to get into raiding at some point.

See, and here I thought I was leveling a little fast. I have the patron boost, but beyond that I've not popped a single vial. I hit 63 just as I was leaving Goboro to go to Drauheim. I've done 112/129 quests in Goboro Reef and I completed all the carnage quests. I've not done any dungeons. I did one WF (and that was after I hit 63). I've done two Nightmare Rifts and two other regular rifts. I did one zone event at the very beginning. And I did 10 IA quests to get the acheivement. Everything has been quests and carnages.

I've done a few quests at the entrance of Drauheim and I'm at 35% into the level already.

Shadowlander

no patron/no vials
    all story quests up to chronicle one,
    missed a few sidequests in goroboro and draum, and a few carnages in first 2 zones (not very numerous i guess) + many many hours = 64lvl and below 30% to 65th.
    grindfest

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Skeithe View Post
    I would say to a point the leveling experience is made with vials in mind.
    I think this makes the most sense. Being a F2P game there has to be something to encourage people to spend some money on either patron status or on a few exp vials. I think it's hard to get used to that when a lot of people, like myself, are coming from a P2P perspective where the quests will take you through the levels.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by plumplumas View Post
    no patron/no vials
    missed a few sidequests in goroboro and draum, and a few carnages in first 2 zones (not very numerous i guess) + many many hours = 64lvl and below 30% to 65th.
    grindfest
    That sounds about right. I don't think people know what grindfest means.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Shadowlander

I'm alright with buyable instant-65lvl blessings or curses. I'm not alright with lack of content to bring you to lvl65 upon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by plumplumas View Post
    no patron/no vials
    grindfest
    it sounds good to me.
    Where is the problem? Find and complete the carnages and qs u missed, or do some pvp wf or dungeons.
    This is not a grind.Grind is the ammount of VS we need to farm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast