+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some potential minion problems

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Some potential minion problems

So I have 18 minions now and I'm running into some problems with them:

1) 5 missions at a time is ungodly small.

2) You can only claim a minion once per account, but the collect achievement is per character so you can only finish it once an account.

3) Pure gold rewards are... very bleh. Even 1 cloth is better than that.

4) No timer on stamina to show when regen should hit.

5) No wiki/encyclopedia/list of how to get each minion and what they're good at before you actually have the card for viewing.

Just my problems with it so far.
    Last edited by evantide; 10-25-2014 at 01:08 AM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

I'll address what I can address.

2) We wanted to make the achievements account based but it was time/technically feasible at the time.

4) We're going to make it more obvious how a minion's stamina regenerates soon.

5) Every minion card should have a tool tip saying what stats they have.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    So I have 18 minions now and I'm running into some problems with them:

1) 5 missions at a time is ungodly small.

2) You can only claim a minion once per account, but the collect achievement is per character so you can only finish it once an account.

3) Pure gold rewards are... very bleh. Even 1 cloth is better than that.

4) No timer on stamina to show when regen should hit.

5) No wiki/encyclopedia/list of how to get each minion and what they're good at before you actually have the card for viewing.

RIFT Guide Writer

Thanks for responding!

On the minion thing, I mean there's no convenient way to check unless they're all collected. I can't see what minions I'm missing, where they come from, or what stats they have in one spot. We have to dig through achievement tabs, store, and hopefully have a friend link the PVP ones to compare them.

So anyway there could be a consolidated wiki in-game or something?

The sorting by stamina doesn't always work. Also, can we get a stamina sorting from highest amount left to lowest? I don't care of a minion is at zero if I'm looking for one that has four left to match up.
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

If this isn't in already it should be coming in soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorer View Post
    The sorting by stamina doesn't always work. Also, can we get a stamina sorting from highest amount left to lowest? I don't care of a minion is at zero if I'm looking for one that has four left to match up.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    2) We wanted to make the achievements account based but it was time/technically feasible at the time.
    Why is the achievement the act of collecting them and not just owning them? So the first time you log in, you gain the achievement for having X minions.

Also, I do prefer the having minions accountwide but was there a particular reason to go this route? I can easily see each character having their own minions and each doing their own missions individually as well. Would almost promote more AH minion card sales as players will need to collect multiple ones of the same if they wanted to have them on more then a single character. Just to be clear, I prefer it as is it... account wide.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Why is the achievement the act of collecting them and not just owning them? So the first time you log in, you gain the achievement for having X minions.

Also, I do prefer the having minions accountwide but was there a particular reason to go this route? I can easily see each character having their own minions and each doing their own missions individually as well. Would almost promote more AH minion card sales as players will need to collect multiple ones of the same if they wanted to have them on more then a single character. Just to be clear, I prefer it as is it... account wide.
    Some people have an army of characters, if each would send a pack of minions to collect materials, it would break the materials market. Gathering professions would lose purpose, even top level mats would cost close to their vendor price. Also, logging in all chars to send minions on missions would just burn people out quickly.

Champion of Telara

Sorting by stamina works but not intuitively. It sorts them according to their percentage of Stamina instead of absolute value. Ie. if you have one minion at 7/12, it will be shown before 6/10 in the current sorting system (58.3% vs. 60%). I am not actually suggesting that this is good, in fact I'd prefer if sorting was based on absolute value.

Also an option to sort per attribute would also be helpful.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

The achievement system was already made well before minions started to get worked on, and is essentially a counting system. The minion system (and other systems) essentially say to it 'Hey, this minion leveled to level X'. The achievement system then looks through the various achievements and determines what achievements are interested in this information and simply counts from there.

TLDR: Achievement system is built in the way you're describing (and probably shouldn't be either).

I did try to do some experimentation with having the minion system trigger achievements on each character to simulate the achievements being account wide, but there were unfortunately some systematic bugs that would've taken too much time to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Sorting is getting changed to absolute values instead of percentages.

And while we don't have the ability to sort by attributes, you can put 'fire' (or other attributes) in the search bar and see only those minions with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Sorting by stamina works but not intuitively. It sorts them according to their percentage of Stamina instead of absolute value. Ie. if you have one minion at 7/12, it will be shown before 6/10 in the current sorting system (58.3% vs. 60%). I am not actually suggesting that this is good, in fact I'd prefer if sorting was based on absolute value.

Also an option to sort per attribute would also be helpful.
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 10-25-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    TLDR: Achievement system is built in the way you're describing (and probably shouldn't be either).
    TY for the reply. Hopefully you'll come up with a solution which would be nice for players who like doing achievements on alts as well.

Also, currently the Minion UI you can click on the card to select it. You can roll over the attributes on the cards for the tooltip popup. (Life, Water, Hunting, ...) But clicking on the icons does nothing as it doesn't actually select the card. *Which is good*

Can you make it so if you click on the card attribute it'll basically just filter based on that? Like how you click on an item and it fills in the name on the AH. Same thing but with the attribute? Before sending a minion out, I select the card and manually type in the filter and choose the best one from that list. This will save that extra step and be much quicker. Thanks.

Quick question, I had sent my minion on a 7 hour adventure around 3 pm and logged off, then got back on at 10 pm to get the reward but it wasn't there. Does logging off cancel it out? Would I have to stay online for the 7 hours until it's finished?
    ~Krebony@Laethys

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post

Actually, your real problem is being lazy. The following link has been up for weeks. Rather than cursing the darkness you could help light a candle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

And of the record this is not my effort. But as least I took the time to track it down rather than whining on the forums.
    Last edited by Ethmar; 10-25-2014 at 10:20 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Ethmar View Post
    Actually, your real problem is being lazy. The following link has been up for weeks. Rather than cursing the darkness you could help light a candle.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?pli=1#gid=0

And of the record this is not my effort. But as least I took the time to track it down rather than whining on the forums.
    I see you like jumping to assumptions. I've already known about that list for a while. I don't care about that list. That list does not, in any way, correlate to the function I am asking to be added into the game.

But hey, thanks for the free bump.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

All minion activities are in real time. PM me your character name and server and I can take a look at the logs and hopefully have some idea of what was going on. Please include the approximate time you sent the minion on the adventure and the name of the adventure if you remember as that'll greatly help me in tracking down if something went wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krebony View Post
    Quick question, I had sent my minion on a 7 hour adventure around 3 pm and logged off, then got back on at 10 pm to get the reward but it wasn't there. Does logging off cancel it out? Would I have to stay online for the 7 hours until it's finished?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast