+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some potential minion problems

One thing that would make life a lot simpler when searching the AH for minions would be a dropdown with sorting by attributes....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Again correct but what I said was:

"Out of curiousity, were you aware that the 5m adventures are more efficient for experience per point of Stamina for your minion?"

So if you run 5 minute adventures 3 times you spend 3 stamina for 15 562+62 experience. If you run a single 15 minute adventure you're paying 4 stamina to do so, which is a 25% discount.
    Although all you are saying on this subject is correct, I have to agree that I find the 5 minutes missions annoying. As far as I am concerned:
    - If I want experience, 1 minutes ones are far better
    --> I can do a "minion experience" session by playing 1 minute missions almost full time, can't do that on 5 minutes
    --> as soon as someone has over 20 minions (took me maybe 1 hour after logging on at NT release), that's too slow
    - If I want to start a few missions then do something else, 5 minutes is too short, so it gets annoying, or I miss the refresh
    - Loot from 5 minute missions is not worth doing the missions
    - They prevent me from running 15 minute missions, because I have to do the 5 minute ones to access them.

My preference would be to have 15 and 30 minute missions. 15 minutes as they are. 30 minutes could cost 7 stamina, bring in about the experience of an 8h mission, and twice the loot of a 15 minute. Numbers to be twicked so they are neither too much better not too much worse than 15 minute ones. In the long run, I'm sure I'd run a lot more of those while doing other things in the game.

TL/DR: please get rid of the 5 min missions, and either just keep the 15 min, or replace them with 30 min ones.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Brain rewiring failing...

Not directly to do with Minions but a result of them -

Any way to include a "don't forget your daily rewards" for patrons whether it be upon logging out or something else? I keep forgetting because the store was the only thing I clicked every time I logged on BUT now it's that awesome V button.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Not directly to do with Minions but a result of them -

Any way to include a "don't forget your daily rewards" for patrons whether it be upon logging out or something else? I keep forgetting because the store was the only thing I clicked every time I logged on BUT now it's that awesome V button.
    I just added the minion adventure click onto the end of my "routine" - first get daily/weekly gifts, then check mail, then do minions. That way I don't miss one!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zomb View Post
    stuff

TL/DR: please get rid of the 5 min missions, and either just keep the 15 min, or replace them with 30 min ones.
    I kind of like this idea, but for different reason. The reason is that once someone has quite a few minions, stamina is no longer a resource that needs to be managed, simply because the abundance of minions means that you can have 2, 3 or even 4 for each Adventure with a specific element/attribute, but have 1, 2 or 3 of those minions recover their stamina while only one spends it. Effectively it removes a part of the metagame of the minion system. Combined with my complaint that the minion system is simply too lucrative even with just one adventure slot, I would suggest that Stamina costs be increased, and/or stamina regen rate decreased.

Default Bug

Every day, I do some 1 minute adventures to level minions. And every day, I get the same bug.

When I have a claimable adventure and an empty adventure slot, if I fill the empty slot first, the claimable adventure sometimes vanishes. I can then no longer claim it, and the minion that was on that mission does not gain any minion XP.

A fix would be appreciated, it's a very annoying bug that I've encountered since I first used the minion system.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #127
    Rift Team

Hi there. I'm aware of this happening but don't have a good reproduction case. Since you experience it so frequently please try to note the conditions it happens under. What mission/minion matters most are things like 'how long was it since you last interacted with the system' (either by claiming adventure rewards, assigning minions or whatever). When you last logged in, how much lag is being experienced.

Do make note of the minions it happens to and the approximate time as it makes it easier to look up in the logs when I need to examine them. You can pm this info if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    Every day, I do some 1 minute adventures to level minions. And every day, I get the same bug.

When I have a claimable adventure and an empty adventure slot, if I fill the empty slot first, the claimable adventure sometimes vanishes. I can then no longer claim it, and the minion that was on that mission does not gain any minion XP.

A fix would be appreciated, it's a very annoying bug that I've encountered since I first used the minion system.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Hi there. I'm aware of this happening but don't have a good reproduction case. Since you experience it so frequently please try to note the conditions it happens under. What mission/minion matters most are things like 'how long was it since you last interacted with the system' (either by claiming adventure rewards, assigning minions or whatever). When you last logged in, how much lag is being experienced.

Do make note of the minions it happens to and the approximate time as it makes it easier to look up in the logs when I need to examine them. You can pm this info if you like.
    Hi,
    It happens all the time to me too. I'd say at least 5 times a day when doing minion experience sessions, which would be about 1% of the 1 min adventures done in the session.
    I don't recall if that ever happened over the first 5-6 adventures, but I'm sure there is not a soft spot at which it happens more. As described in the other message, this happens when a quest becomes claimable just before another one is launched. I know it happens when 1/5 slot is available, can't recall if it also happens when more than one slot is available.

Basically, the most common scenario is:
    - 4 slots are used by minions at various stages of their 1 min adventure
    - I match a minion and an adventure card
    - Just before clicking the Send Now button, the top slot minion finishes his adventure and the Claim button becomes available
    - I send the other minion on a mission (within no more than 2 seconds of the other becomming claimable) and that top adventure disappears without an experience message for the minion

Trying to answer your questions:
    - How long since last interraction with the system? => Seconds, if that long
    - When last logged in? => Anything from 10 minutes to several hours
    - How much lag? => That varies. From home with under 100ms latency it happens, but from the hotel with the adventures going straight from 4 seconds to Claim without going through 3, 2 and 1 sec (amber or red latency), it happens too

Making note of the minions it happens to would be quite hard. It would require taking note of all minions being sent on 1 min adventure to then be able to check in the log which one didn't get the experience when it happens. As much as I'd like that bug to go, I'm not ready to make a 2 hours minion experience session into a 4 hours one to record the name of each minion when sent to make sure I know which one didn't get his experience.

If it helps though, I can certainly send a bug / improvement ticket just after it happens. That would mean the 5th minion sent on adventure prior to the ticket being sent is the one who used stamina but didn't get experience.

Telaran

There's an issue with the "Sort by level" view :

Minions get sorted by level but their XP bar is not taken into account.

Please make it so they get sorted by their true level (level + % into the next level), thanks.

I just had the consumed 1 min adventure without giving experience issue. I sent a bug report just after, before doing anything else with the character. I hope it helps.

Shadowlander

I'd love a "hide minions with 0 stamina" checkbox.

Soulwalker

Hi,

I too have had unexpected minion adventure "resets", but I wonder whether they were because of my time zone. I wonder if they're resetting at midnight local time rather than server time? Or perhaps both?

Anyways the question I had was a different one; I'm noticing some of my minions aren't levelling their proficiencies as fast as others, or one of their two proficiencies is significantly lower than the other. So since minions are for life and I can't repair them if I screw up, I'm a bit concerned. Is this due to the adventures I send them on?

I will ask a specific question since I find those easier to explain things with; if I have a minion who has proficiencies in water and fire, and I send it on an adventure which requests air and water (say), is it possible that the fire will level up, or am I guaranteeing by not matching the proficiencies, that in this case the fire will not level with my minion? How would that play out?

Cheers.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #133
    Rift Team

Minion stats/proficiencies and so on are based on the minion's level. Some will increase faster than others. You needn't worry about 'screwing up'.

Quote Originally Posted by Grotlek View Post
    Hi,

I too have had unexpected minion adventure "resets", but I wonder whether they were because of my time zone. I wonder if they're resetting at midnight local time rather than server time? Or perhaps both?

Anyways the question I had was a different one; I'm noticing some of my minions aren't levelling their proficiencies as fast as others, or one of their two proficiencies is significantly lower than the other. So since minions are for life and I can't repair them if I screw up, I'm a bit concerned. Is this due to the adventures I send them on?

I will ask a specific question since I find those easier to explain things with; if I have a minion who has proficiencies in water and fire, and I send it on an adventure which requests air and water (say), is it possible that the fire will level up, or am I guaranteeing by not matching the proficiencies, that in this case the fire will not level with my minion? How would that play out?

Cheers.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Grotlek View Post
    Anyways the question I had was a different one; I'm noticing some of my minions aren't levelling their proficiencies as fast as others, or one of their two proficiencies is significantly lower than the other. So since minions are for life and I can't repair them if I screw up, I'm a bit concerned. Is this due to the adventures I send them on.
    To be even more clear, what missions you send a minion on has no impact on its attributes--attributes are exclusively tied to minion level and not all minions level their attributes at the same rate. Missions only impact the rewards you get (experience and loot) and the energy consumed.
    Last edited by Ethmar; 11-18-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zomb View Post
    I like the 5 minute missions, they are great as a quick time filler, better than just the 1 minute minion leveller which don't give rewards other than minion xp.
    Usually I have 1 or 2 eight hr going, maybe a ten hour, and then do fillers with little short missions. I prefer the 5 minute personally.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast