+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some potential minion problems

Rift Chaser

My issues:
    1) 5 missions at a time is ungodly small.

2) You can only claim a minion once per account, but the collect achievement is per character so you can only finish it once an account.

3) Number of completed adventures for achieve is per character, it should be per account.

4) No timer on stamina to show when regen should hit.

5) Each adventure should have an approximate success display.

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    My issues:
    1) 5 missions at a time is ungodly small.
    there will probably be more, I get shown the cost for the 6th slots already.

Champion of Telara

If you aren't willing to 'reset' missions, how about a way to cancel missions? At least this way if there's a bad mission we don't want we can start it and cancel it. Naturally, we will lose the stamina from canceling the mission with no gain so it's not exactly free.

I also support a greater duration of missions. Right now they are just too short or too long. This would be much better especially when we start doing raids. As we aren't going to be checking minions during raids every 1 or 5 mins. You have the two ends of the spectrum now. It would be great if we can have a few more in between. Like a 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours duration.

Is there a list or place where we can see minion exp? I like to see how much farther each minion needs to gain to level up. I would think rolling over the circle would show you that minion's current experience but it does not. Is this located anywhere?

Rift Disciple

Only thing i want is that the minion screen reloads to the last minion screen.
    Hate having to sort and scroll every time i close the minion screen out.

Champion of Telara

I also want some text or better visual feedback that a minion has returned.

Right now there's only that tiny little icon. Which is at the way way way.... corner of my screen which I don't notice many times. How about a line in the normal UI notification. The same place where you get your quest (X/10 complete) comes up, zone events text and boss mechanics. Or some audio sound? When a minion finishes a unique (but soft) sound.

And finally, just something in the TEXT BOX! Just like how it shows up in with all the other normal game system messages. That normal line when you see server firsts, .....marvelous items or 'You have mail' text.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    I just took a look at the code for you: The adventure reset function can only be called on the first update of the minion system. This first update is always the initial response of the database loading all your info. Technically speaking it could conceivably happen again, but only after over 4 billion updates in a single session without logging off. And that point, I'd say you deserved the extra update.
    So in other words, if I don't like the current set of adventures that I have, I can just re-log to have them all reset? Will have to try that next time I'm online.

Separately, I'd really love to see a 1-hour option somewhere. As it stands right now, there's not enough time to run even a basic dungeon, and I can just imagine all the raid leaders flipping out as all their players ask for "just another minute" every couple of boss pulls so they can send their minions out on another adventure.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #67
    Rift Team

I think it's just showing the last price you paid but greyed out.

We are considering adding more slots however, no decision has yet been made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    there will probably be more, I get shown the cost for the 6th slots already.

Sned,

I just wanted to make sure that you realize so many people have so much constructive criticism about the Minion system because we all love it so much. You and the team that worked on this did an awesome job, and we just want it to reach it's full potential, as we see it as players.

Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

Plane Touched

Default sort by stamina

I'm not sure if this has been reported, but it appears that when sorting minions by stamina, it doesn't sort by remaining stamina as one would expect, but rather it appears to be sorting by percentage of available stamina remaining. I have a 9/20 listed up among my 6/10 minions. 9/20 should be down between minions with 8/x and 10/x, as adventures cost a set amount of stamina and not a percentage.

I'm having an issue where there seems to be an exorbitant amount of dimension adventures. I do not use dims at all, I just don't like to build my own place. Some people do and that's grand for them.

I think someone mentioned before, but an option to trade out a card/adventure for adventurine or credits would be awesome.

3 of the 4 8h adventures I've done today have been for dimension items, and a good portion of the 5m/15m ones too.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #71
    Rift Team

It has. Lots Have no fear though. In the next client update stamina will sort by it's current absolute value (i.e. 7/12 is considered 7) instead of percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Groslyunderpaid View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been reported, but it appears that when sorting minions by stamina, it doesn't sort by remaining stamina as one would expect, but rather it appears to be sorting by percentage of available stamina remaining. I have a 9/20 listed up among my 6/10 minions. 9/20 should be down between minions with 8/x and 10/x, as adventures cost a set amount of stamina and not a percentage.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Rift Team

This is all just RNG. As far as I know there's an equal number of dimension adventures as gathering ones. As for skipping/trading and the like, we're aware of this request and we're discussing possibilities.

On a side note: Dimension adventures should now hand out a box (which stacks) filled with items rather than tons of items directly into your inventory. Let us know if they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Halowed View Post
    I'm having an issue where there seems to be an exorbitant amount of dimension adventures. I do not use dims at all, I just don't like to build my own place. Some people do and that's grand for them.

I think someone mentioned before, but an option to trade out a card/adventure for adventurine or credits would be awesome.

3 of the 4 8h adventures I've done today have been for dimension items, and a good portion of the 5m/15m ones too.

Rift Master

Definitely not receiving dimension boxes. Since the last hot fix, I've probably done a half dozen dimension adventures, and only one has returned a box. Most of those were all 5 or 15 minute ones.

Champion of Telara

Actually, I'm going to play devil's advocate and be hated a bit, but I believe that cancelling missions shouldn't be an option, as it also shouldn't be an option if we can skip any.

If we had the option to only go to missions we like, then there would be an overbundance of stuff from that particular type, and it would devalue other parts of the game that are designed to be experienced to acquire that stuff. What I mean is, for example, if you skip/cancel all non-crafting adventures, then you'd be getting a lot of crafting materials that could potentially entirely replace going out in the world to farm.

Should skipping/cancelling become an option however, I would strongly suggest that it cost adventurine, credits or plat equal to the amount of stamina it'd cost.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    If we had the option to only go to missions we like, then there would be an overbundance of stuff from that particular type, and it would devalue other parts of the game that are designed to be experienced to acquire that stuff. What I mean is, for example, if you skip/cancel all non-crafting adventures, then you'd be getting a lot of crafting materials that could potentially entirely replace going out in the world to farm.
    I agree. I'm already concerned about the extent to which this is true and I agree that allowing people to skip, cancel, or otherwise take the RNG out of the game is bad. At some point in time it ceases to be a minigame and simply becomes a pretty facade for selling ore, cloth, and other items directly from the Rift store. This is also the reason why I would be opposed to making more adventure slots available. The more slots there is the more it smooths out the RNG and the more it becomes a system for farming items.

As I see it the Minion system is supposed to be an alternative option for interacting with the material resources of the game but it shouldn't be a replacement for existing systems. If Minions become too good people will simply stop mining and farming the traditional way and the world will be less lively and interesting as a result.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast