+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some potential minion problems

Another issue I would add:

Minions lose all their Stamina as soon as sent off on a mission. However, they do not regenerate the Stamina until AFTER they return from a mission. So in the case of a 10-hour mission, we are, basically, out of Stamina for a good 34 hours.

Was this intended, and at highers levels this become less of a big deal?
    Faeblight (US PVE-RP)
    Lifemender - Cleric (65) & Oxenheart - Warrior (65) ... & friends
    Look for any toons in the Cosmic Rhinocerii "guild". They're all me!
    Don't hesitate to say "hi!" if you see me. Always looking for new Rifters to help. If you need, just ask!

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Is that thing about matching attributes true even for "minion XP" missions? I thought it might be, but I couldn't see a difference in how much of a level I was getting per mission in experimenting.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Thanks for this information; on some level I assumed that matching at least one stat definitely benefited, but was curious about any randomness.

On the rare occasion that I can match both stats, I'm also guessing that rewards are even more significantly greater; does this also mean that two random rolls are made, one on each stat? Or is it one random roll per adventure? Can you give some insight on matching both stats vs. just one?

Also, read in a cross-server chat tonight that someone got a minion drop that had SIX stats on it--all I've seen are a max of two so far (though I only have 27 minions so far and haven't seen drops myself from dungeons or raids). Are minions with more than two stats (three and beyond) going to be an extremely rare sight?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Is that thing about matching attributes true even for "minion XP" missions? I thought it might be, but I couldn't see a difference in how much of a level I was getting per mission in experimenting.
    I think it's actually the opposite. If you have the "high" attribute in the mission when you level up on lvl3 to lvl4 your "low" attribute won't level up.
    For example if you have lvl3 with 3 Water and 2 Artifact and you do a mission with Water that levels it up you will end with a 4 - 2. If you ding with a mission that doesn't have Water it would become a 4-3 instead.
    (I don't remember if it's actually lvl2 or 3 when it gets stuck)

So if you level up with the correct "high" attribute the "low" attribute gets stuck on 2 permanently while only the "high" keeps climbing.
    My Deeps is 6-2 I think and I have mostly put it on missions where both attributes match. Where as with all the later minions I have avoided the "high" attribute on missions that level up the minion and they are all 5-4 etc.

I can't imagine it's working as intended.

RIFT Guide Writer

@shui: You missed the part where minion stats aren't randomized.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Shadowlander

Ah ok. I haven't payed any attention to pts etc. So in general it's just that greens level up both attributes right away and blues get +3 to secondary only at lvl7.
    Last edited by Shui; 10-26-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    In the current build, yes. This detail came to our attention recently and we've implemented a small experience boost on any adventure where your minion has at least one matching attribute. This boost does stack with the patron boost.
    Well there's the answer. Just checked and got 225 MXP from a mission with matching attribute and 210 MXP without.

RIFT Guide Writer

Okay, so here's what I'm referring to when I say I want a wiki or something.

Doing Drauheim puzzle and collecting minion cards. i've collected 5 of them now. However, I have no clue if I actually have them all or the chances for each of them. Do I now sit here playing more Mastermind or do I go and feel as if I missed something? If I don't go and never get anything, is it because of bad luck or is it because I've actually collected everything?

I really don't like this nagging feeling where, for solving and puzzle and collecting a reward, I get the crappy feeling that I've completely missed something through no fault of my own.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Telaran

There are some problems I see with the current minion system, for example

-would it be great if you could config only the size of the minion window.

-Minion system should save the way i want my minions ordered

- If you select a mission it should highlight minions with 1 correspondending attribute in one colour and in another for when 2 attributes correspond, vice versa for when you select a minion first -- > way more user friendly

-rift app

-also a timer for when the next stamina point will be there would be great, to time missions or help deciding if itīs worth to wait another 5 min

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Alreia View Post

- If you select a mission it should highlight minions with 1 correspondending attribute in one colour and in another for when 2 attributes correspond, vice versa for when you select a minion first -- > way more user friendly

-rift app

-also a timer for when the next stamina point will be there would be great, to time missions or help deciding if itīs worth to wait another 5 min

Edit function didnīt work

It would also be awesome if you could add an option to the shop which sorts out all minions which were already added to your collection.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Alreia View Post

-rift app

Edit function didnīt work

It would also be awesome if you could add an option to the shop which sorts out all minions which were already added to your collection.

Soulwalker

On top of all the other suggestions it would be nice if we could both lock missions from getting refreshed, because of crashes or not enough stamina. And skipping missions i think we could have a system where you can do like:

10 xp missions to refresh 1 of the 15/5min missions
    5 15/5min missions to refresh the 8 hour missions
    1-3 8 hour missions to refresh the 10 hour missions

Along with the lock system this would be a great way to do more missions that'd we like rather than stuff we have no interest in doing.
    Last edited by StormReaper; 10-27-2014 at 04:13 AM.

The animation on the minion cards seems to be bugged, and sometimes randomly doesn't happen. All the minions are then just static images. I've also seen a few cases where one or two were animated, and the rest were static.

Also, the ingame feedback tool needs a "minions" category!

Telaran

+1 to filtering out minions you already have on the store. Also it would be nice if the minion list could filter out "useless" minions (ie ones with no stamina, already on a mission, or without enough stamina to on a selected mission card). Also an option to sort by matching stat if a mission card is selected (minions get sorted by how well they match the selected mission).

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45
    Rift Team

This is intended. It's also a good reason to hurry the longer adventures, to avoid Stamina 'waste'.

On this topic: As soon as the adventure completes, whether your offline or online the minion will begin to regain Stamina again. So you don't need to worry about rushing back online to mash the claim button for fear of wasted stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelim on the Moor View Post
    Another issue I would add:

Minions lose all their Stamina as soon as sent off on a mission. However, they do not regenerate the Stamina until AFTER they return from a mission. So in the case of a 10-hour mission, we are, basically, out of Stamina for a good 34 hours.

Was this intended, and at highers levels this become less of a big deal?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast