+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Some potential minion problems

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Krebony View Post
    Quick question, I had sent my minion on a 7 hour adventure around 3 pm and logged off, then got back on at 10 pm to get the reward but it wasn't there. Does logging off cancel it out? Would I have to stay online for the 7 hours until it's finished?
    The longer missions are 8 or 10 hours, so you probably just logged in too soon.

I had a thing happen where one of my minions said it had two stamina, then I claimed a thing and it went to zero. I think. Only I don't remember which character, or even which account, so I am not sure it's going to be trackable.

That said, I have a UI suggestion or two:

Tweak the window or minion list sizes so that the minion list box is an exact multiple of the height of the individual minion listings. Like, right now it's about 3.8 minion boxes high. If it were exactly 4, the whole thing would be so much more pleasant, and the scrollbar would be more useful. As is, if you have 7-8 minutes, you have a scrollbar but you can always see at least part of each minion.

Sort-by-stamina should have both ascending and descending.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Champion of Telara

I thought I read that the minion missions refresh so "don't wait too long" to do them.

If there's a mission you don't like or want, after the reset shouldn't it roll another random one? The dailies just reset. The 2 long missions, 8h and 10h I didn't want to do as they were cards I neither have the card attributes for and dimension which I don't care about. So I decided to wait til reset and hope for a better selection of these two. None of my minion missions reset.

Weren't they supposed to? Or are they on another time schedule?

RIFT Guide Writer

Ooh, some other potential ideas:

In the "current miinions working" section, add what type of reward they're working for. I'm probably not the only one, but I have a set of Notoriety gear I swap on specifically to collect rep boosts. Knowing this would make my inner min-maxer super happy.

Scaling display on the "Minions" section of the minion screen. I mean the giant one, not the one where you choose who to send for a job. I'm pretty sure someone on the Trion crew has played League of Legends before. Look at their champion window in the player profile for an idea of what I'm talking about. Multiple options to sort based on specialties and elements. Giant display of all minions in the game with the acquired being colored while the others are greyed out.Options to select owned or not owned to filter with a direct option to buy from that menu instead of having to navigate into the store.

Option to reroll missions. Some missions are just bleh and the natural roll over seems to be over 4+ hours. Give the players an option to reroll the undesirable mission into something wanted. I know for sure that once some of the current 65s max their rep, they're going to go from liking Notoriety missions to hating it. Add an option for free, adventurine, or credits to reroll the mission and there'll be several more players running around with purchased minions.

"Seeking X" missions, where you send minions specifically to hunt for certain craft mats. Could make them come at steeper stamina costs, give less items, or any number of things. Basically opens up allowing targeted missions instead of random, adding another layer of interest to people trying to acquire craft skills.

A good explanation on the rewards of the various mission types. What is an assassination mission really? What types of rewards can be expected from a Fire/Hunt Mission if the minion sent is Water/Hunt vs Hunt vs Fire vs Fire/Hunt. I know it's a lot more coding, but again, this cater towards min-maxers who would love having this little feature. Don't need to show exact rates either. Could just organize them in a list of most common to least common corresponding to mission success level with a chance the chance of lowest reward being the only one shown.

So yeah, some of my ideas. Again, I really like playing around with minions and I see so much more potential fun involved in them. Thanks for adding them into the game and I hope what myself and others have posted here help with further development.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post

1) 5 missions at a time is ungodly small.
    Agreed. Please consider allowing the purchase of more slots. What is the point of collecting dozens of minions if you can only use five at a time?

Champion

Currently after you have selected a mission/minion combo and sent it out there is no way to roll over the mission in progress and see info on it.

more minions plz

p.s. mobile apps? this would be a great thing for the four major ones: ios, android, chrome and winphone.

Concern I had as a result of the server crash/rollback...

When I got the 100 achievement, I received a mail. This could've been in timing with an AH sale or something, but I never did get to my box to be sure. In hitting 100 again, I got the achievement splash, but no mail. So, I'm hoping I hadn't lost out on anything important. If I did, well, guess I need to make a GM call or something. x.x

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

They do indeed reset! However, to limit surprises as you were working with the system I set them up so that when missions reset they do so when you log in, before you can interact with them. That way when you're in the middle of assigning an adventure you don't suddenly lose it.

Adventures should be flagged to reset at midnight server time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I thought I read that the minion missions refresh so "don't wait too long" to do them.

If there's a mission you don't like or want, after the reset shouldn't it roll another random one? The dailies just reset. The 2 long missions, 8h and 10h I didn't want to do as they were cards I neither have the card attributes for and dimension which I don't care about. So I decided to wait til reset and hope for a better selection of these two. None of my minion missions reset.

Weren't they supposed to? Or are they on another time schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    ... I set them up so that when missions reset they do so when you log in [...]

Adventures should be flagged to reset at midnight server time.
    Now that is a very important piece of information! Last night I lost a mission I was saving to do later (those 8h adventures are nice to start just before you go to bed). Now I know how to avoid that.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Yakmir View Post
    The longer missions are 8 or 10 hours, so you probably just logged in too soon.
    The 8 hour card adventures switch between 7 and 8 hours long sometimes, and even if I had logged on too soon, I was playing for another 2 hours when I came back, but thanks for the suggestion!
    ~Krebony@Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerBadger View Post
    Agreed. Please consider allowing the purchase of more slots. What is the point of collecting dozens of minions if you can only use five at a time?
    My best guess is that certain minions have a higher chance at getting better items from adventures. I've noticed the cards have one of the Planes (air/water/death/fire/earth) symbols on them and each minion has a planes symbol too. Maybe these correlate with better possibilities at obtaining better items?
    ~Krebony@Laethys

Question: You can only have up to 5 minions adventuring at once?

Its like.. I have no idea what I am doing with the minions, but I am having an incredibly fun time doing it.

Same as others here, I sent out 5 minions on missions before I went to bed and they were not there when I logged back in today.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    I'll address what I can address.

2) We wanted to make the achievements account based but it was time/technically feasible at the time.
    does that imply you gonna revamp achievements that more are accountwide? (stuff like the defender/champion achievements from SL are pure insanity on more than one char).

couldn't find any info how attributes level, is there any way to influence it or is it random? if you can influence it and you screw up, would it be possible to reset a minion?

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

Does that imply..: Currently it implies the opposite: I attempted to whip something up quickly to make the achievements work more or less account wide but wasn't able to get something going in the time I had allotted for it. While we may revisit it in the future it will be a significant undertaking.

Minion stats: All stats are non-random. For example: your level 11 Bloop will always be the same as my level 11 Bloop.

On what influences drops from adventures: For every stat on that adventure, it checks to see if your minion has that stat. If it does It gains +X, where X is the value of that stat. This total bonus plus a random dice roll that's based on the adventure you're on determines your reward tier. Your reward tier (essentially the stars) determines what loot table(s) you roll on. Your minion also receives an experience bonus if it matches at least one stat in the adventure. As for the random dice roll: I won't go into the specifics on it, but the minion stats do play a significant part in how well you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    does that imply you gonna revamp achievements that more are accountwide? (stuff like the defender/champion achievements from SL are pure insanity on more than one char).

couldn't find any info how attributes level, is there any way to influence it or is it random? if you can influence it and you screw up, would it be possible to reset a minion?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast