+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Buffs canceling when mentoring/sidekicking has got to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    In addition to the annoyance of having to reapply buffs (which I know will be addressed eventually) it really irks me that my extra planar charges disappear when I mentor down. I can have up to ten, and I lose all but three and then don't get them back when I clear the mentored level.
    I just tested some with loosing those charges. I went into a nightmare rift with 11 charges. After automentoring I still have 11 charges. Now two things can happen:

1) Using any skill which needs one of those charges will bring me down to 3 and 7 charges disappear to be never found again.

2) Never touch any skill which uses them. After the rift is closed and we are back at our normal level we will have still 11 charges.

Nevertheless this really needs to be fixed!

My most recent experiences indicate that you will retain your extra planar charges, unless you earn one!

I mentored down to do a rift, but was too late and never got a hit in. I mentored back up and still had 10 charges. I traveled to another spot, mentored down and did several whole rifts in a row with people doing the dailies (and thus would be awarded planar charges). Had three, mentored back up and still had only three.

This is, at least in part, why this has been hard to figure out why it happens sometimes and not all the time.

I had to submit an in-game "Do Not Like" feedback on the planar charge issue. I had 10 charges before I mentored down to do some Freemarch rifts today and afterwards joined a lvl 14 NT rift I happened upon.

Did not have the problem on the buffs because I have actually key bound them to some num keys that I conveniently set on my keyboard within easy reach. Quickly able to rebuff....but, when I finished the rifts (I did not use any skills that required a planar charge because I assumed they would not really be available under lvl 50.

On top of all this, I never got any planar charges for any of the rifts I was involved with that we closed, which is unusual. So something here might be bugged but definitely Trion needs to revisit this particular setup.

But, I lost ALL of my 10 charges after returning to my normal level of 63. I did noticed them gone the very first banner I took because I needed to use one of my abilities that does use a charge...but I had NO charges to use.

At least have these charges returned to us once we return to our regular level after the mentoring down bit. I was so annoyed because I was unable to use anything requiring planar charges against the boss near Draumheim that I took the banner for.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 11-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    I had to submit an in-game "Do Not Like" feedback on the planar charge issue. I had 10 charges before I mentored down to do some Freemarch rifts today and afterwards joined a lvl 14 NT rift I happened upon.

Did not have the problem on the buffs because I have actually key bound them to some num keys that I conveniently set on my keyboard within easy reach. Quickly able to rebuff....but, when I finished the rifts (I did not use any skills that required a planar charge because I assumed they would not really be available under lvl 50.

On top of all this, I never got any planar charges for any of the rifts I was involved with that we closed, which is unusual. So something here might be bugged but definitely Trion needs to revisit this particular setup.

But, I lost ALL of my 10 charges after returning to my normal level of 63. I did noticed them gone the very first banner I took because I needed to use one of my abilities that does use a charge...but I had NO charges to use.

At least have these charges returned to us once we return to our regular level after the mentoring down bit. I was so annoyed because I was unable to use anything requiring planar charges against the boss near Draumheim that I took the banner for.
    This is because mentoring below 50 takes away all your planar attunement points while you stay mentored, thus you have a maximum of three charges.

Sorry, but I discovered I had NO planar charges period...not even the 3 I had before I got to lvl 50. Because of that issue, I had to report it. Something definitely is wrong if we are supposed to have at least 3, but don't because ALL planar charges were pulled.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 11-01-2014 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Something else to look at is Fury of the ascended canceling both when mentoring and when changing roles.
    Maybe it is just mine, but my Fury of the Ascended will not work very well, if at all, these days. I see it cast, see the charge being used, but nothing changes on my character. No boost in size no boost on damage, etc.

Oh, and since they introduced NT rifts, I do not see it working at all during them. Of course, I could have missed a post somewhere that they changed it not to work for NT rifts at all.??? Not sure so I'll have to research this later today to find out.

yes they changed Fury, it's in the patch notes
    it's better for invasions (give it a few seconds to trigger) but not for rifts

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    yes they changed Fury, it's in the patch notes
    it's better for invasions (give it a few seconds to trigger) but not for rifts
    Thank you for the head' up. I checked all the hotfixes, plus the initial notes at launch and found the following information. Appreciate that the FoA still works for some things...just wish it still worked in Rifts too.

From Initial build info at launch: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-22-14-eu.html
    ABILITIES
    * All abilities are now 1 rank.
    * Anti-Planar Augmentation, Holy Champion, and Fury of the Ascended now scale based on the number of surrounding invasions and colossi.
    - This will reduce initial damage increase against small numbers of invasion creatures, but bring you to roughly the same damage increase when fighting 20 or more invasion creatures.
    - These abilities are also now 1 hr duration buffs that cost 3 planar charges and persist through death.
    * War Planar Advancement Tree: Guard is now called Defend.

From this hotfix: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...0-24-14-a.html
    SOULS
    * Abilities: Fury of the Ascended, Anti-Planar Augmentation, and Holy Champion will now persist after Respawning.

Telaran

Buff cancelling when mentoring because it is hard to change code, I understand.
    The buff is active and you have to change the value without removing the buff ... difficult.
    The pet is gone for the same reason : difficult to change when active or you need to "mentor" the pet also ...

But, you keep extra capacities form planar harmonisation like rift openning, rift group invocation, teleportation in the old mathosia zones.

Except extra planar charge ???
    If I mentor below lvl50, my maximum charge go down form 12 to 3, if I close a rift (or win planar charge) I lose all extra charge above 3.

For the automn event I choose to close rift daily in freemarch so I use mentoring and loose 9 planar charges each day. If I want to do nitghmare rift in low level zone, I loose 9 planar charges !
    It is not difficult to gain planar charge but WHY if we keep some abilities from planar harmonisation, why do NOT we keep our extra planar charges ?

This whole revamp was rushed out the door before it was finished. There is no reason that the entire process cannot be automatic except that they wanted to ship the goodies and did not have enough time to finish the coding. Everyone gave them a bucketload of grief (or another suitable smelly material) for a two-week delay, making another delay to "get it right" unlikely.

Putting the onus on the users to remember to recall their pet and recast their buffs when mentoring and then finished mentoring is bad enough, but losing 7 planar charges because I mentored down to close five rifts that grant experience for an event daily is just bad all the way around.

IMO, design management needs to spend more time thinking about what it is like to just be a player, not a game code designer. I am supposed to be doing this because it is fun... adding aggravation to the process is not enhancing that at all.
    Last edited by Goddessdavida; 11-02-2014 at 12:09 PM.

I tested this once again. I mentored down with 10 charges, and was in a group doing an air rift. I still had 10 charges until the moment the last boss died, then Boom! 3 charges. Which is all I had left when I mentored back up.

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #57

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

With the most recent PTS update, player buffs (including pets) are now automatically recast when the player’s mentor level changes.

If you get a chance, please check them out! Assuming all goes well we hope to push this up to the live servers next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post

With the most recent PTS update, player buffs (including pets) are now automatically recast when the player’s mentor level changes.

If you get a chance, please check them out! Assuming all goes well we hope to push this up to the live servers next week.
    Any chance Synergy Crystals are going to fixed soon? Currently un-Mentoring doesn't re-enable them; you have to relog to get it working again.

Plane Touched

I don't have the ability to log into the PTS at the moment but does that include Fury of the Ascended and weapon buffs, and will Fury of the Ascended last between role swaps?

Also, will the set bonuses no longer bug out while mentoring?

Thanks for getting a fix in.

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post

While it's good news, I do wonder why the hell this wasn't the case already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast