+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Real Faeblight Fix

Plane Walker

Default Real Faeblight Fix

Firstly, it needs to be made clear meaningful compensation is on the way.
    People took days off work, made plans in advance, downed countless 5 hour energy drinks, etc. This shard is now behind our peers in gearing for experts, wfs, and raids. Personally I pulled 4 legendary items, and the 155 mount from boxes. I leveled 7 professions to max, and used crafting and playing the AH to the point that between that and the mount value I lost upwards of 30 THOUSAND plat because of the rollback. Even in our serious raid oriented guild there's been talk of people quitting the game. I told them not to be filthy casuals and get their grind on. Real casuals will simply quit.
    I suggest the following compensation package for Faeblight victims.
    One or two 4 hour 360% vials for notoriety, marks, and experience
    3 months patron
    a unique water mount called "amphibious server crasher."
    3-5 crates for a chance to catch back up on gear.
    5000 credits at least
    of couse the vials and credits used during rollback period should be refunded.
    The current shard bonus of 25% is a joke, a bandaid placed over a gunshot to the chest. Please provide medical attention before this servers population is what bleeds out.
    Davol - Warrior - Faeblight
    Formerly GM <Vantage> Peak #2 Guardian
    Raid leader of <Vantage>(reborn)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Davol View Post
    People took days off work, made plans in advance, downed countless 5 hour energy drinks, etc. This shard is now behind our peers in gearing for experts, wfs, and raids. Personally I pulled 4 legendary items, and the 155 mount from boxes. I leveled 7 professions to max, and used crafting and playing the AH to the point that between that and the mount value I lost upwards of 30 THOUSAND plat because of the rollback. Even in our serious raid oriented guild there's been talk of people quitting the game. I told them not to be filthy casuals and get their grind on. Real casuals will simply quit.
    3 months patron
    5000 credits at least
    The current shard bonus of 25% is a joke, a bandaid placed over a gunshot to the chest. Please provide medical attention before this servers population is what bleeds out.
    Davol I think I leveled w/ you during that first night ( in goborro and tarken, I was the bhami in the red/black brigadier gear) and I have to say, I totally agree. Some people would think it's too much but honestly there is next to nothing TRION can do to make this up. I feel that over compensating would help greatly. We already lost one of our guilds main tanks because of this crap. the xp bonus we have right now is a total slap in the face compared to what we have lost.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Aaiden View Post
    Davol I think I leveled w/ you during that first night ( in goborro and tarken, I was the bhami in the red/black brigadier gear) and I have to say, I totally agree. Some people would think it's too much but honestly there is next to nothing TRION can do to make this up. I feel that over compensating would help greatly. We already lost one of our guilds main tanks because of this crap. the xp bonus we have right now is a total slap in the face compared to what we have lost.
    I think we did, and even though my suggested compensation looks generous, it wouldn't even fully replace my losses.

Shield of Telara

You forgot the stock option.

Plane Walker

My compensation suggestion is only as severe as the magnitude of injury. Their current "response" makes FEMA look effective during hurricane katrina.

Shadowlander

3 months patron
    5000 credits at least
    AND a foot massage...

3 months patron
    5000 credits at least
    ....what, no minions on this list?

Soulwalker

This is worse than the blood tornado incident..on behalf of all the disabled people in the community thank you Trion for making our lives a little more like being stuck in a coffin with Monica Lewinski and no mouth wash or cigars. It is bad enough that the character backup was so poor but the pitiful compensation makes my wife want to fly over there and slap you in the face with an armadillo.

Proud To Be Old And Grumpy

Quote Originally Posted by Dezolation View Post
    This is worse than the blood tornado incident..on behalf of all the disabled people in the community thank you Trion for making our lives a little more like being stuck in a coffin with Monica Lewinski and no mouth wash or cigars. It is bad enough that the character backup was so poor but the pitiful compensation makes my wife want to fly over there and slap you in the face with an armadillo.

Post of the year

Until you guys are willing to delete every item you've gotten in the last 36 hours or level my 7 tradeskills and mail half my guild 100 hit items like I did you can ****. Unless you're on faeblight your input is like telling a **** victim to "walk it off."
    Uh, well, actually I am on Faeblight, and I recently lost about 20x that much stuff for unrelated reasons, and honestly I am just not that worried. Yeah, it's a big loss of data. Also, I've been playing since Beta 5 and I have a pretty good idea of how Trion deals with errors and compensation, and I'm not worried at all. They've never failed to impress me with their handling of these things, and I am totally fine with waiting until Monday to hear more.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Nah, I just don't see any point in getting all freaked out about stuff when I've never seen them not deliver. Like, back in Beta 6 when people were worried that Trion wasn't going to fix something, I could sort of see being unsure. By now? Eh, whatever.

I have had complaints about Trion's handling of issues, but their handling of downtime and compensation stuff has been pretty solid.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    ...They've never failed to impress me with their handling of these things...
    Real Faeblight Fix-mustbenew.jpg

Eternal optimism, some days it just makes me realize how jaded I am.

Im sure they will get you sorted out once they get a new potato grade server up and running.

Plane Walker

My point is they need to formally announce REAL compensation is coming. I'd rather have a confirmation than your good faith as people rage quit. I'll grind back my losses, no worries but not everyone will. I love this game and don't wish to see it's player base further decline.

Ascendant

Though on the face of it what Davol is suggesting seems like alot, its really not in the face of what many people lost. I think his suggestion is actually pretty fair.

Though it would be funny if the mount went at 300% speed when moving backwards.

But Seebs is right, Trion has in the past done a great job of compensating but I would also note that that was a long time ago that we had such a serious type thing happen and at that point Scott Hartsman was in charge. Will things be different now? I don't know.

But there definitely should be confirmation of additional restitution coming before the weekend is out, else alot of people will quit. Its simple fact. I don't think non Faeblight's understand just how angry people are right now, I had to completely disable chat at points cause of the rage spam, it was endless. This isn't just a few people yelling on a forum.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Yeah, this was a pretty huge thing, but $100+ of stuff for it seems high. I dunno. I think I might think a lot more favorably of it without the hilariously over the top "walk it off" comparison, because haha no. But it just sounds like asking a bit much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast