+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Real Faeblight Fix

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by tindin View Post
    2 words

**** BREAKS

so deal with is and stop acting like spoiled little brats. trion doesn't have to do anything about it, so demanding that something does makes it more and more so nothing well get done about it.
    It's the principal.

A service they provided stopped working and some of those customers pay money for said service. The company should make it right by communicating early and often (which didn't happen) and do their best to compensate them for the loss of the service (which ATM is low).

Now, I won't pretend to know what's fair compensation but 750 credits and 2 days of boosted xp's isn't it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tindin View Post
    2 words

**** BREAKS

so deal with is and stop acting like spoiled little brats. trion doesn't have to do anything about it, so demanding that something does makes it more and more so nothing well get done about it.
    It does, but if you are properly prepared to recover data from a database you should never have to rollback. I manage a global database team and I can assure you that if we had an interruption in business for 12 hours and then lost and entire days worth of transactions because of poor DR I would be looking for a job the following day.

The reason we have DR and/or HA in place is because we are held accountable by the business units in my organization, who are held accountable by the client. It seems with the F2P model Trion doesn't have to be accountable to the client (us) and those of us who are Patrons(like me) pay in advance so they already have their money.

If Trion wanted to make it right, they should have given affected shards the bonuses mentioned t the top of this thread. This is a business relationship between the players and Trion. I don't think the people here are being spoiled brats, I think they want accountability.

Soulwalker

I also trid to add this:

If Trion wanted to make it right, they should have given affected shards the bonuses mentioned t the top of this thread. This is a business relationship between the players and Trion. I don't think the people here are being spoiled brats, I think they want accountability.

I also wanted to add the "Bonues" that Trion has put in place do little to nothing to aid those who lost two or more levels.

50% guild xp bonus - does nothing
    50% xp from kills bonus - good start especially if you're in a rift grind group, if you quest it does little
    25% plaques/marks bonus CHANCE - gee thanks
    25% planarite bonus - who hasn't had planarite capped since the beginning of Oct?
    50% PA xp bonus - really great for new players, the core player base has had PA closed forever
    25% zone event currency bonus - good start.

Overall I'm not at all impressed with Trions "gifts" to try and help compensate

Soulwalker

I did not get to 65 or anything like that but I did play the game during my only day off that I had time to, and I now have to wait a week to get any real playtime in since i work 10 hour days 6 days a week. That xp boost is a joke and worthless to me since I wont be using it. The potions that grant the bonus would have been way better since we can choose when to use it. Giving me $750 credits was a good start but thats basically $5 for half a days worth of lost playing time. I make 3x that an hour at my job. So to me it's also worthless.

I think Trion should be a little more creative in their "apology". This is the first time i've been totally ashamed for this company, this is a glitch that should have been handled better.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Anything bought with credits or dollars will get refunded anyway.
    I guess I didn't express myself clearly.

The OP says he lost around 30k plat, not to mention the time, levels, gear. He asked for some credits, patron months and other stuff. You measured the dollar value of what he's asking and said that it's too much. Well, my perspective is that 30k plat can also be expressed into a credit value, from a player's point of view. With 30k plat, you can get at least 20k credits. That's besides everything else he lost. So when you look at it from a player's point of view, he's not asking all that much.

There are of course plenty of players who lost far less than he did, and there are probably a number of hardcore players who lost a lot. There's no good way to compensate everyone fairly in this situation. Some would get overcompensated, but even with OP's suggestion, some would get severely too little. So I don't think that his suggestion is extreme.

In general, I think it's better for Trion to err on the being too generous side in this situation.

Soulwalker

I would hope that they would compensate fairly, especially to those who spent actual money on the game expansion. I don't mean to cry in my coffee, but it's impossible to play as a brand new level 60 in level 40 gear. As there is currently a 3.5 hour wait for live chat, and I am sure the ticket system is bogged down as well, I guess playing this weekend is out.

Should we be better compensated? You bet. I actually do trust Trion to do the right thing, by both their paying and non-paying patrons.

......just not today, or this weekend....

I personally want a want an underwater pig that you ride backwards called Rollback.

Soulwalker

Played quite awhile last night, thinking with the bonus XP leveling would be faster... Finished some rift groups, leveled up, cool. 5 min later, look up, and for some reason I'm back to the level I had when I started. !!!!!! WTF? I lost all the artifacts and armor, etc. I had gotten before, the crash, then I lost all the time spent after the crash is supposedly fixed as well? What a time suck. (on Faeblight, of course).
    Last edited by riftythebold; 10-25-2014 at 12:09 PM.

this for me is nearly the final straw type of deal. I am not there yet but damn close.

**** does happen, true but that email we just got was akin to saying **** you to us imo.

I guess something is better then nothing but err O.o
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    **** does happen, true but that email we just got was akin to saying **** you to us imo.
    They've kinda been saying that a lot to us lately.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    They've kinda been saying that a lot to us lately.
    Yea true, like others Ive put a lot of money and time into the game but hey, have to 'wake up' sometime I guess :/
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

I've been playing Rift since the first closed beta, and I've been on Faeblight since launch. I'm certainly not happy about what happened, but my understanding of the situation is that there was a perfect storm of system failures that resulted in this outcome. I didn't lose as much as some people, but I lost more than others. I've always been very satisfied with Trions resolution to various issues in the past, so I'm willing to give them a chance to make this right. At the least, I'd figure on a few packs of Transcendent boosts, possibly some world currency, maybe a unique title or pet to commemorate the occasion. Nothing outlandish that would require even more manpower to implement, but certainly something more than what we've already received.

Trion will get a lot of flak from people on the other servers if they are perceived as "overcompensating" the players on Faeblight. Probably why they are taking their time.

Fortunately I only lost a few hours of artifact hunting, fishing and gathering, however, the 750 credits would not appease me if I lost the virtual stuff that others have lost

Soulwalker

Weird, I got an email saying I was reimbursed for credits spent but no mention of any bonus credits. I guess I am not worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by featherz9 View Post
    Weird, I got an email saying I was reimbursed for credits spent but no mention of any bonus credits. I guess I am not worthy.
    Same. I'm willing to accept the process is taking time to properly go through everyone, but I'm also fearful of getting lost in the shuffle. I've caught up to where I was and then some, but it's sad to think I could've been 64 or so by now, too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast