Closed Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree660Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shard Downtime Faeblight, Laethys, and Wolfsbane

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Shard Downtime Faeblight, Laethys, and Wolfsbane

Last night at roughly 4:00 AM pacific we experienced a hardware outage on the following shards: Faeblight, Laethys, and Wolfsbane. Phones were called, people were roused from beds, and the recovery process continued through the morning. This hardware outage affected the databases that host character data.

Recovery of the data for Laethys and Wolfsbane is extremely up to date. It should be within several minutes to an hour of when the outage occurred. Unfortunately, the recovery process of Faeblight, one of our more venerable shards, was not as up to date. Players on the Faeblight shard have been restored to a backup from 3:00 AM Pacific Standard Time from October 23rd. This is a significant loss for players on this shard and we fully understand that.

We are currently in the process of identifying and refunding RIFT Store purchases for users from Faeblight, as well as tracking down any Instant Sixty potions that were granted on this shard. This process may take several hours but we will ensure that any credits spent during this time are returned.

Because of the downtime, we will be applying Exp and Token bonuses to these shards for the next 48 hours. We are currently in discussions internally for additional gifts for players that have been affected by this outage.

Thank you for your patience and support of RIFT, we want to get you back in and playing as soon as possible.

Bill “Daglar” Fisher
    Executive Producer
    Last edited by Daglar; 10-24-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Fixed some hastily typed mispelled words because I'm human too

Psssst

You mean "ensure", not "insure"

But what this means is that I can objectively come out and say "You were WRONG, Daglar!"

On a more serious note, as a native of Wolfsbane I thank you for the update.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 10-24-2014 at 01:26 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Plane Walker

So, 24 hour rollback for FB?

awesome

better be a hell of an xp boost, i think that puts me back to 60 from 65 not to mention i took a day off from work for that
    Last edited by DMoney817; 10-24-2014 at 01:35 PM.
    Twocents@Deepwood

<Mirage>

I'm the rainbow ninja

Plane Touched

24 hour rollback? There goes leveling all of my crafting, getting to 800 hit, and getting an orange and purple earring from lockboxes.

Yeah... bonuses are not enough, when it comes to compensation.

Everything stated is great, but I'm glad that you're 'in discussion' about offering more. Especially since for many, this meant their whole Lv 60-65 progression.

I happened to transfer two toons to Faeblight yesterday afternoon from Laethys. Should I assume when the shards go up after the hotfix, given the hefty rollback, that I'll be back on Laethys again? Glad at least that I still qualify for the XP boosts, since Laethys was affected as well. But I really hope I'm not coming back to a weird limbo situation!

ETA: I also had auctions running on Fae last night, yikes. Logging in later today will be an adventure!
    Last edited by Julesx; 10-24-2014 at 01:48 PM.

As a resident of FB...ouch.

I didn't get to play much on launch day, or at all this week, so yesterday was a big gaming day for me. This is really disheartening. Luckily I didn't make the mad dash to 65 yet (so I really feel for all that did), but I certainly spent credits, leveled my crafting, got lots of artifacts, some achievements, etc. Haven't asked for compensation before, but....more than some XP bonuses please. For reals.
    Last edited by Irishae; 10-24-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julesx View Post
    I happened to transfer two toons to Faeblight yesterday afternoon from Laethys. Should I assume when the shards go up after the hotfix, given the hefty rollback, that I'll be back on Laethys again? Glad at least that I still qualify for the XP boosts, since Laethys was affected as well. But I really hope I'm not coming back to a weird limbo situation!

ETA: I also had auctions running on Fae last night, yikes. Logging in later today will be an adventure!
    It's actually possible you'll be on both shards.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Hello Please help me.
    Im close to 65 last night...now im back to 20% and the credits ive spent for 160% Vial didnt even rollback..
    Please atleast return the exp i Painfully grinded or have the credits ive spent restored.
    Also the rollback is about 3 hours...Dats 3 Hours of my Time yesterday...
    Last edited by Keev; 10-24-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Keev@Laethys
    R.I.P Chaos Inc,R.I.P Blitz
    Currently Slaying Dragons With Rise of the Forgotten.
    4/4 ROF ,1/5 MS

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Keev View Post
    Hello Please help me.
    Im close to 65 last night...now im back to 20% and the credits ive spent for 160% Vial didnt even rollback..
    Please atleast return the exp i Painfully grinded or have the credits ive spent restored.
    Credits will be restored, but this is currently in process. It may take up to a couple hours.

Soulwalker

As someone who leveled all day yesterday and got to 65, all I can say is ouch.

I think I'm going to be sick.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying FFXIV: ARR

Quote Originally Posted by Keev View Post
    Hello Please help me.
    Did you even bother to read the original post for this thread? It addresses all of this.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Plane Touched

Terrible that something like this could happen, especially at the start of an expansion. Now not only has everyone on Faeblight not been able to play all day so far today while other shards are online and progressing, but we're going to lose all the progress we made for 24 hours prior to that? So after not being able to play at all so far today, when the shard finally does come back up we just have to go and redo everything we did yesterday. Thats a huge setback for everyone and especially for it to happen at the start of an expansion when everyone is leveling their toons, leveling professions, etc is just unacceptable.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast