Closed Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast
Like Tree660Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Shard Downtime Faeblight, Laethys, and Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Default Suck to be them.

I won't quit over this. I'll just keep playing and not spend a single cent on this game until we get some reasonable compensation. Sound good?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by jcarson View Post
    I won't quit over this. I'll just keep playing and not spend a single cent on this game until we get some reasonable compensation. Sound good?
    Good luck with that...

Soulwalker

I'm so glad I didn't buy a subscription. I had planned to sub for 6 months or a year once I saw how awesome the new expansion looked but when it was announced that the launch date had changed from early October to late October, I decided to wait and just keep up my monthly patron pass. People had been complaining about ticket times and such, so I thought I'd wait and see how the rollout was handled.

I love this game and I love the new expansion so far. I bought the $50 collectors edition and am almost full purple tier loyalty (I know, not that impressive to a lot of people). I bought Storm Legion after it went F2P.

Once my current credits (~5500) are spent, I'm done. I won't tell anyone to pay for this game (but I'll still advocate that they play it!). I will continue playing but I won't pay anymore. Trion's handling of the rollback was so unprofessional, I don't want to support them as a company any longer.

As much as I hate the direction WoW went in terms of orcs!everything, I'm considering using the disposable income freed up from monthly credit purchases to at least checking out their new xpac. The biggest customer service debacle I can remember in that game was when they proposed Battle.net IDs showing customers' full first and last names. The community pushback was incredible and Mike Morhaime responded personally and in a timely fashion.

I liked Daglar's initial post in this thread, but to have radio silence in the intervening week and the only action taken being to 'unsticky' this thread...well, as a previous poster said "silence can be very communicative." It's really unfortunate that I now have to choose not to purchase Trion's services since that appears to be the only kind of communication they're concerned with.

*Edited to add: after seeing the blog post with Daglar's response: I'm a paying player and I didn't receive any credits. Why not?
    Last edited by TheRedFairy; 10-31-2014 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I pay for this game but still didn't get any credits.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    So, apparently, there was a confirmation somewhere that the 750 credits for patrons, plus refunds for everyone, is the whole thing.

But that raises an interesting question, because I'm a patron, I play on Faeblight, I was logged in during the period that got rolled back, and I got no credits.

This does not seem like it's being handled the way I usually expect Trion to handle things...
    Disappointing, and certainly a big red flag for things to come.

A friend of mine who plays with me is not a patron, didn't spend credits during that time, and got the 750 credits. I'm in the same situation, but didn't get credits. So the whole rollback fiasco is further compounded by the ridiculously inconsistent compensation debacle.

I think there was more than one 750-credit compensation, but yeah, something weird seems to be involved.

Maybe "paying" didn't mean "patron" but some other category? Like, people who'd paid money within some particular time window?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think there was more than one 750-credit compensation, but yeah, something weird seems to be involved.

Maybe "paying" didn't mean "patron" but some other category? Like, people who'd paid money within some particular time window?
    Does it really matter?

There's been no chatter from Trion at all since the day it happened. Daglar's only action since that day was to unsticky this thread without saying anything. It took my sending him a message earlier today to get any type of response.

Did he say "it's resolved to our satisfaction"? Not in words, no. his actions here, though, show that is his thinking.

Soulwalker

Default official response please

I think Daglar or a CM needs to make an official post on the official forums to explain exactly what the compensation was for whom and why. That's really the only thing that will clear anything up.

Soulwalker

In the last 2 months I purchased a full year of patron and the most expensive of the expansion packages. I purchased Defiance when it was released because of the high esteem I held Trion in.

I hope they've enjoyed my loyalty and my money in the past because they'll get neither in the future.

Not because of the data loss, as much as that indicates either lack or competence or lack of care.

Not because of the "on the cheap" nature of the recompense for their failure.

But because of the nakedly craven behavior they've exhibited here by unstickying this thread without comment. I've seen all kinds of terrible treatment of players by companies and devs, but this may just take the cake.

If you feel you're making an appropriate decision, announce it and explain it and take the heat. But to skulk over, unsticky a thread and hope it just goes away...that's a genuinely shameful way to treat your (formerly) loyal customers.

-Lens

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #399
    Rift Team

The official compensation was 750 credits for paying players, in addition to massive exp and token boosts for the entirety of the server. If you were a paying user during this time period that appears to have been erroneously missed, please contact customer support.

As stated in the original post, it was most certainly my decision to get the servers back up in the most timely fashion possible. We could have continued data recovery processes for Faeblight for multiple additional days - which would be multiple additional days of downtime. It was completely my call to return servers to a playable state and apply a rollback to Faeblight.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    The official compensation was 750 credits for paying players, in addition to massive exp and token boosts for the entirety of the server. If you were a paying user during this time period that appears to have been erroneously missed, please contact customer support.

As stated in the original post, it was most certainly my decision to get the servers back up in the most timely fashion possible. We could have continued data recovery processes for Faeblight for multiple additional days - which would be multiple additional days of downtime. It was completely my call to return servers to a playable state and apply a rollback to Faeblight.
    I have no objection to the rollback, but I really think it would have been a good idea to, once you made the decision, post this information so we didn't spend a week speculating about what the decision was and whether the emails were it.

How did you define "paying" players? Patron status? Purchased credits recently? Spent credits recently?
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Soulwalker

~Daglar
    Thank you for the official response. I'm not sure I'd agree that the boosts were "massive" but I hope my ticket will be resolved soon.

Plane Touched

~Daglar
    Five dollars worth of credits for the loss of 48 hours of playtime, plus bonuses that were a pittance when compared to what people had to do over is not something that is acceptable to the playerbase of Faeblight. The server was set back 56 hours because of the hardware failure and rollback; your lack of any type of answer when people asked, point-blank, "Is this the compensation we are getting?" shows that you know this is the case, and that you know it was going to piss people off.

A 50% bonus to EXP gained from kills was not acceptable to us on Faeblight. People from the server other than myself have said this, and you have just tossed it aside. You have done the PR-equivalent of curling up in a fetal position under your desk. The fact someone had to PM you to get some type of response--and I expected you to say "We'll be putting out an announcement soon"--shows how much you cared: not at all.

~Daglar
    That wasn't so hard, was it? I honestly can't believe it took you an entire week to say that, though. (I have no idea how my friend got credits, then, since she said she let her patron status expire, but eh.)

I hope you guys learned from this, and this never happens again---and I'm not even talking about server rollbacks...

Soulwalker

Is Daglar the fat kid in the NT intro video that answers questions about the new gear and levels etc? The one that got all excited and butthurt because someone on the forums that they were reading said they should fire some of the people? If that is him then I now understand his complete lack of empathy toward the playerbase and he is probably giggling with glee at us.

Soulwalker

Default Okay, and?

~Daglar
    This failure cost the Faeblight server 36 hours (Not including time it takes to regrind.) decide to rollback instead of days to get everything back? Fine, I agree with your call, but the complete lack of keeping Faeblight up to snuff is absurd, and your response to making up for THAT failure is underwhelming to say the absolute least. But if you want to loose more money in lost patrons and cash shop purchases than an appropriate response would? Fine, by the way, that's a loss in current players making purchases and potential future players.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast