+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Minions.

At first, I didn't think much of it. (and in most ways, that's still the case, but...)

And then, Faeblight went down.

So I went on Hailol. Decided to make a server alt. Did all the content from Lv 1-15, reached Sanctum.

Played minions during that. Cool. Got stuff. Was mainly just training the minions since it wasn't like I needed the low level notoriety and mats.

Did an artifact adventure.

OMG.

O.M.G.

A whole dump of artifacts of various rarities falls into my lap. Jackpot. It also came with 2.. what was it? Attainium? That crafting mat that I'm a little annoyed about.

Each of these mats sells for 100-200 plat or more. Since I'm not Lv 65 yet on my main and don't plan on stockpiling this material, off to the AH I went.

Okay fine, I'll play minions .

Just please, regardless of rewards players get and enjoy, and how much money Trion might make from this feature, please do not screw with the balance. We should get the bulk of crafting mats from the open world, bulk of the rep from the open world, etc. Minions should just be enticing as a supplement to reward us for logging in and playing overall, just as Rift Store rewards should be a reward for logging in daily and weekly.

EDIT: One thing though - can you consider adding a unique voice to each minion? That'd be good to add attachment to them as unique creatures so that we want to collect-em-all. Smart to do ASAP since I'm sure more and more minions will be added over time to the Store and HOPEFULLY from future content/quests and IDEALLY added into areas of the old world (but not holding my breath on that part, as I know the starter minions may do for Lv 1-60).
    Last edited by Maeloda; 10-24-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    We have plans to make it a bit more obvious how your stamina is increasing. Nothing decided specifically yet but it's on our minds.
    Can you explain how stamina currently works?

You gain full stamina in 24 hours, right? How does that break down?

If a minion has 10 stamina that mean he'll gain 1 stamina point every 2.4 hours.
    A leveled up minion has more stamina. So does that mean a 15 stamina minion will recover 1 stamina every 1.6 hours instead? Is that how it works? At least that's what I imagine it to work like.

Also, please consider my other suggestion. Text in the chat window when a minion finishes or Quest notification like how all the other quests does it via the UI. That little minion icon is just so tiny (and small) sitting at the far corner of my screen.

It just refreshes every day. No gradual recharge.

I think...

There is a gradual recharge yes....if you keep your eye on them...you can have them out permanently lmao...wait...do I sound obsessed? hmmm...*gets the shakes from more downtime....what are my minions doing?*

And yes Zero...a minion with 10 stamina..will take 24 hours to recharge from 0 to 10. A minion with 25 stamina, will take 24 hours to recharge from 0 to 25.

The recharge rate is constant....how much is recharged depends on your minions level/stamina.
    Dimensions on Zaviel:

Interesting. Thanks!

Champion of Telara

That's what it sounded like. Glad it's working like I would imagine it work like. It would be nice if they recharge 'extra' on like the daily reset time or something.

How about a suggestion where they recharge 50% of their stamina when the dailies reset. It'll give enough so players when they get the daily new mission cards reset may have a minion who's a great match for that mission and can 8h/10h them after reset instead of waiting if they used that particular minion heavy the previous nite.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    We have plans to make it a bit more obvious how your stamina is increasing. Nothing decided specifically yet but it's on our minds.
    Great to hear!

Minion boosts would be a REALLY swell addition to the store....purchasable with credits, plat, and/or some in-game currency. Single-target boosts or mega boosts that refresh the stamina of all minions!

Do it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Halowed View Post
    I agree with Narcise. These Minions beat any other MMO's card game out of the water for me. I love it and have bought probably more than I should've but it's fun and gives me something do to when I have to be mostly afk.

That's because they aren't a card game as such, they're basically the same thing as Cryptic's Duty Officer system from STO and the Crafting system from Neverwinter, with tasks and minions represented by cards.

Rift Chaser

I'm a PvPer to the point of which needing to do anything remotely PvE (including crafting and dimensions) is just plain annoying ... that being said I must admit I really do like the minions.

Trion, I want an Ocho minion and I want it now. Any one unfamiliar with Ocho, he's a Rift Dev just waiting to be minionized.
    Last edited by Generic Player; 10-25-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Is there a Ducklar minion to do my bidding?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Shadowlander

I like it because it fills the space when you aren't doing anything like waiting for those buyouts to come to your inbox or travelling endlessly on your mount to go to X point, or even when gathering materials.

But yes it is addicting!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Is there a Ducklar minion to do my bidding?
    Its been asked for during Trion livestreams how, if or when remains to be seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    I'm a PvPer to the point of which needing to do anything remotely PvE (including crafting and dimensions) is just plain annoying ... that being said I must admit I really do like the minions.

Trion, I want an Ocho minion and I want it now. Any one unfamiliar with Ocho, he's a Rift Dev just waiting to be minionized.
    Even better than an Ocho minion...which would still be awesome btw...would be a Daglar minion. I think a Daglar minion would be highly sought after and maybe just a little bit abused.

And of course, there really should be a Dead Simon minion. Everyone loves Dead Simon.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Ketta View Post
    Even better than an Ocho minion...which would still be awesome btw...would be a Daglar minion. I think a Daglar minion would be highly sought after and maybe just a little bit abused.

And of course, there really should be a Dead Simon minion. Everyone loves Dead Simon.
    I'd like a CaptainCursor minion with all his voice personalities and maybe he finds more minions and a Faratha Multi Dimensional minion that drinks tea welding a pink flamingo weapon and dreams up more Dimension and Crafting goodies of rarer quality.

PS Faratha how about a Pink Flamingo fishing rod in game?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-27-2014 at 11:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast