+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Check interfaces->display. It's there.

Nice ta

Now just to resolve logging into rift mobile app as it send me the email saying I'm.logging in from a new location and can't enter the code....(help)
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

I don't have a windows phone anymore but some people do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Warning: Minions.-protesters-minions2.jpg  
    Last edited by MickNico; 10-24-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    I'd love to see a sort option that showed you which Minions were best suited to an adventure at the top, and then sorted from there.
    I am unsure I would like this. Half the fun is sifting through and seeing what rewards you get based on your own decisions, I can also understand why you would like though.

Rift Master

One thing I'm curious about is why the huge gap in the adventure times and their stamina cost?

Unless I've just been particularly consistent, all I have seen are:
    Option 1: (1m, 1 stm)
    Option 2: (5m, 1 stm) or (15m, 4 stm)
    Option 3: (8h, 7 stm)
    Option 4: (10h, 10 stm)

Some 1h, 2h, and 4h options would be nice, as well as some consistency between the stm costs (ie. should the shorter adventures have a cheaper or more expensive stm/time cost than the longer missions, because it's all over the place right now).

Rift Master

[edit timer expired]
    Personally, I'd also bump up all the stm costs, minions max stm, and regeneration rate by like 10x so players can better feel that their minions are regenerating stm (ie. 1 stm/5 min, rather than the 1/h or whatever it is right now. Honestly, I have no idea, and it's such a long time that it's not even worth measuring).
    [/edit]

Champion of Telara

Another suggestion,

How about notification when a minion finishes a mission? Nothing fancy, like where your normal notification shows up on your screen. On your UI, notification messages or error and quest messages would suffice. I want something more visual to know when your minion's quest is done. That little icon is.... little.

If not, then please at the very least some text. That same yellow text that says 'You have mail', on your chat should also say something when a minion finishes a mission.

Also, is there a minimum level to get the quest for your first minion? Patch says... "How to Start ~ Head to the nearest Fanatic of the Ascended and take the quest they have for you." But I'm not getting a quest icon from the fanatic. And yes, I know minions are account bound and I have not claimed or done this quest yet. My minion window is completely empty and says so. (Which is expected)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Another suggestion,

How about notification when a minion finishes a mission? Nothing fancy, like where your normal notification shows up on your screen. On your UI, notification messages or error and quest messages would suffice. I want something more visual to know when your minion's quest is done. That little icon is.... little.

If not, then please at the very least some text. That same yellow text that says 'You have mail', on your chat should also say something when a minion finishes a mission.

Also, is there a minimum level to get the quest for your first minion? Patch says... "How to Start ~ Head to the nearest Fanatic of the Ascended and take the quest they have for you." But I'm not getting a quest icon from the fanatic. And yes, I know minions are account bound and I have not claimed or done this quest yet. My minion window is completely empty and says so. (Which is expected)
    This is already there. It's under the mini map and looks like a bull head. It only shows up when a mission is ready to claim. I'm not aware of any sound when it's finished though.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rhumble View Post
    This is already there. It's under the mini map and looks like a bull head. It only shows up when a mission is ready to claim. I'm not aware of any sound when it's finished though.
    I'm pretty sure that's what he was referring to when he said "that little icon is... little".
    Some yellow "Your minion has returned from his adventure" text would be nice.

Really like the minions so far! I love the little text blurbs with some of the minions explaining or commenting on why they're coming along and working for you!

More of that or having those messages change as they level up would be wonderful (I know it's just flavor, but it's engaging flavor!) But even as is, a fun little addition to the game!

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #55
    Rift Team

I see the options as being more stamina efficient as the times increase.

Option 1: 1 stam/min
    Option 2: On average 1 stam/4 min
    Option 3: 1 stam/80 min
    Option 4: 1 stam/60 minutes*

The only thing that breaks that trend is the promotional adventure. It however provides better experience and loot than a long adventure. And as such it's reasonable that it's not quite as stamina/time efficient as a long adventure.

As for adventures with different times: we opted to go with two time categories that you can use while playing in any game session and two categories that you can use overnight or marathon sessions. The more different times we toss in the more likely that you're not going to get a time you're not expecting. Cases like "Well I did this 15 minute adventure so I can do more, but what replaced it takes an hour! I only have 45 minutes. I don't want to do that." Then the person feels like they missed out on what they could do.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    One thing I'm curious about is why the huge gap in th e adventure times and their stamina cost?

Unless I've just been particularly consistent, all I have seen are:
    Option 1: (1m, 1 stm)
    Option 2: (5m, 1 stm) or (15m, 4 stm)
    Option 3: (8h, 7 stm)
    Option 4: (10h, 10 stm)

Some 1h, 2h, and 4h options would be nice, as well as some consistency between the stm costs (ie. should the shorter adventures have a cheaper or more expensive stm/time cost than the longer missions, because it's all over the place right now).
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 10-24-2014 at 02:02 PM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #56
    Rift Team

We have plans to make it a bit more obvious how your stamina is increasing. Nothing decided specifically yet but it's on our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    [edit timer expired]
    Personally, I'd also bump up all the stm costs, minions max stm, and regeneration rate by like 10x so players can better feel that their minions are regenerating stm (ie. 1 stm/5 min, rather than the 1/h or whatever it is right now. Honestly, I have no idea, and it's such a long time that it's not even worth measuring).
    [/edit]

Minions. I haz dem.

Wait. They haz ME.

Seriously, great new feature. Just please don't put so much of the really cool stuff as hard cash only....I'm fine with a very small fraction of the 'cool stuff' being that way, but too much will make minions into meh-nions.

Otherwise....NEED MORE STAMINAZ!

Soulwalker

Default Stamina Regen

A neat and easy fix would be to keep the current stamina levels but add 2 decimal places so we can see where it is in regenerating each point ;)
    Last edited by Corexus; 10-24-2014 at 02:05 PM.

I hate to say this, but 1 minute is too short, and I would really like an hour long adventure in there somewhere.
    Beware the Penguin...

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    We have plans to make it a bit more obvious how your stamina is increasing. Nothing decided specifically yet but it's on our minds.
    Glad to hear there's something in the works!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast