+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 80
Like Tree97Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Minions.

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    There is absolutely no rigging of the first rewards. The internal roll that determines your loot only cares about the random number it generates and if your minion's stats match. If your stats match then it cares about value they are as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    First 'adventure', I got a decent haul of mediocre artifacts. I think the rewards from the first adventure may be rigged to make minions seem more enticing because, since then, I've been getting 1-2 star ratings and rewards barely worth vendoring (eg. 4x wooden cubes for dimension). I just received... 12 pieces of leather from an 8 hour 'adventure'. This was enough to deter me from bothering with minions or wasting credits on them again.

    This isn't a gripe, just my own experience so far. Overall, I'm enjoying the expansion a fair bit.

  2. #32
    Shadowlander Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    45

    Default Minions Running About

    How absolutely cool would it be to see groups of these Minions at the locations on the cards going about their Minion-autic activities..?

    EIOIN of FAEBLIGHT

  3. #33
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    There is absolutely no rigging of the first rewards. The internal roll that determines your loot only cares about the random number it generates and if your minion's stats match. If your stats match then it cares about value they are as well.
    Sned - Sorry, I should have put a or something by that statement - I don't actually think it's rigged (I trust you guys ;)) it just felt kind of underwhelming to get a bag of 10 or so artifacts and then, from the next adventure, 2 pieces of cloth - but hey, random is random!

    In fairness, now that I've had more time to send my minions on adventures, I've actually netted some decent bags of goodies, so I'm going to retract my statement about not bothering with the minions until lvl 65. It's nice to have some 'free' surprise loot every 15 minutes.

    I'd also like to add - you and the team have all done a fantastic job on the expansion. Loving it (also, not to derail OP's topic - but I watched last week's livestream and I think the guys mentioned twisted artifacts aren't implemented in the new zones... did I hear that right? And if so, any idea when they'll be available for us to get our grubby mitts on?)
    Last edited by Okay; 10-24-2014 at 06:40 AM.

  4. #34
    Shadowlander Czar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    I like minions, but I think we should have more of a choice as to what missions they can go on instead of it just being whatever randomly comes up at the time.

    If I want artifacts then I should be able to send them for artifacts.

    I also dont understand why unstable or bounty artifacts are not a part of the system. If I send a minion out on a 10 hour mission then I should be able to get those too. I dislike the systems in game for bounty and unstable artifacts as they exist now and this would have been the perfect way to give people the ability to possibly earn more of them.
    But isn't it supposed to replicate a card game? If we knew what cards were coming up, there wouldn't be much of game.
    EIOIN of FAEBLIGHT

  5. #35
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8

    Default Minions...Gru would be proud.



    I so want to rename one of my toons Gru and have all the minions....

    Two thumbs WAY up for this one Trion.

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    I'm glad you're not serious!

    To elaborate further on how rolls work: I'm a very big proponent of bell-shaped curves for random distributions, and one of the things I made sure of was that the minion system could do just that.

    So the situation you're possibly describing which in essence 'getting a really high roll followed by a really low roll' will happen, but only in a tiny minority of cases. Most of the time you'll get a roll in the middle range.

    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Sned - Sorry, I should have put a or something by that statement - I don't actually think it's rigged (I trust you guys ;)) it just felt kind of underwhelming to get a bag of 10 or so artifacts and then, from the next adventure, 2 pieces of cloth - but hey, random is random!

    In fairness, now that I've had more time to send my minions on adventures, I've actually netted some decent bags of goodies, so I'm going to retract my statement about not bothering with the minions until lvl 65. It's nice to have some 'free' surprise loot every 15 minutes.

    I'd also like to add - you and the team have all done a fantastic job on the expansion. Loving it (also, not to derail OP's topic - but I watched last week's livestream and I think the guys mentioned twisted artifacts aren't implemented in the new zones... did I hear that right? And if so, any idea when they'll be available for us to get our grubby mitts on?)

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #37
    Rift Team Faratha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sargonnas_KoA View Post
    I also dont understand why unstable or bounty artifacts are not a part of the system. If I send a minion out on a 10 hour mission then I should be able to get those too. I dislike the systems in game for bounty and unstable artifacts as they exist now and this would have been the perfect way to give people the ability to possibly earn more of them.
    Your chances of getting Bounty and Unstable artifacts are highest on Promotional and Long Adventures, at high-star results. As everyone's minions level, you'll start seeing them.

    Also, while random is random, there are a few actual rewards bugs that I'm working on. Expect the system to smooth out a bit over the next few days.
    Lisa Boleyn - Senior Systems Designer

  8. #38
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    I'm glad you're not serious!

    To elaborate further on how rolls work: I'm a very big proponent of bell-shaped curves for random distributions, and one of the things I made sure of was that the minion system could do just that.

    So the situation you're possibly describing which in essence 'getting a really high roll followed by a really low roll' will happen, but only in a tiny minority of cases. Most of the time you'll get a roll in the middle range.
    Cool!

    I'm a huge fan of randomisation and the different methods and implementations of it, especially in game development (roguelikes, D2-esque loot etc.) and have dabbled with it a bit in my own small projects - great fun to mess around with.

    I can only imagine how challenging it was to tie the minion system all together.

    Keeping the rewards lucrative yet balanced. Coming up with reasonable adventure lengths, deciding on a reasonable credit cost to 'Hurry' an adventure and no doubt a host of other nuances.

    Now I'm wondering - If the minion goes on an artifact adventure, is the entire artifact loot table up for grabs? If our minion gets a full star rating, is there a chance that a particularly lucky player might see a legendary unstable artifact as a reward?

    Edit: Faratha may have just answered this question in her post above
    Last edited by Okay; 10-24-2014 at 08:03 AM.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #39
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Saving the pulldown menu: This is already going in.

    Achievements related to adventure completion: I hadn't thought of this. I like it. I've changed the code and it should get in next week.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Two suggestions.

    First please save the pulldown menu option. I sort by stamina and need to reselect it every single time I send a minion out.

    And, how about letting the minion achievement count when you 'claim' the rewards. Tring to finish them up on a single character first before moving onto the others as they are account bound.

    As for the mobile suggestion. I HATE it. (But only because it's such a good idea that I don't want to rift while I'm not ...rifting) hahaha

  10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #40
    Rift Team Faratha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Okay View Post
    Now I'm wondering - If the minion goes on an artifact adventure, is the entire artifact loot table up for grabs? If our minion gets a full star rating, is there a chance that a particularly lucky player might see a legendary unstable artifact as a reward?
    Yes, and yes.
    Lisa Boleyn - Senior Systems Designer

  11. #41
    Ascendant Intim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,644

    Default

    I was thinking about a thread like this earlier today but kiwi best me to it.

    I definitely think minions on mobile app would give the revival of the app use (yes it's still beta but that's the same as launched by now imo). I find it very easy to do minions and also very distracting as I feel the need to do it constantly. Probably my very 1st adventure returned 14 ore.

    The one request I have is would it be possible to have a scale bar/resize ui button for minions as it feels to block a lot of the screen and whilst in combat can be deadly. Unless I missed it in options that is
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

  12. #42
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    449

    Default Another sort option

    I'd love to see a sort option that showed you which Minions were best suited to an adventure at the top, and then sorted from there.

    Also can see this coming at some point. But would be nice to be able to disable a minion so it did not show up in the sorted list. Not delete, just disable from the list on page one. It appears there will eventually be dozens of these things which will get cumbersome.
    Last edited by Rhumble; 10-24-2014 at 10:30 AM.

  13. #43
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    I wish the selection would refresh more often than once a day. That's my biggest gripe atm, the fact I get lumbered with 8hr missions that I'm not at all interested in and there isn't a way to skip or refresh them other.
    RIP Icewatch and Argent.
    Not another damn penny.

  14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #44
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Check interfaces->display. It's there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    I was thinking about a thread like this earlier today but kiwi best me to it.

    I definitely think minions on mobile app would give the revival of the app use (yes it's still beta but that's the same as launched by now imo). I find it very easy to do minions and also very distracting as I feel the need to do it constantly. Probably my very 1st adventure returned 14 ore.

    The one request I have is would it be possible to have a scale bar/resize ui button for minions as it feels to block a lot of the screen and whilst in combat can be deadly. Unless I missed it in options that is

  15. #45
    Soulwalker Shingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I got a green minion as a drop and went... What is this thing....and...


+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts