+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Warning: Minions.

As one who became addicted to Rift, I'm probably gonna bite the Minions bullet too on Saturday...and while packing my bags for some marathon video gaming.
    Last edited by Shedelin; 10-23-2014 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Clarifying Which Bullet To Use

Prophet of Telara

They are kinda useless imo, though the highest level i got is around 6 or 7 and they hardly bring anything useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    you really need to play more pyro . I bet you are a warrior or rogue so your opinion is not accurate at all. By the way pyro is not even close to have the highest burst in the game tell that to a sin or warlord

Shield of Telara

Please give us feedback say 1 month later.
    Then we will have a clearer view into it.

It didn't take much time for the excitement of battle pets in WoW to wane... so...

Man, I know I can now go ahead and level to 61 and beyond. Even bring up an instant 60... but MINIONS!!! OMG!!!

+1 on Phone App!!
    Last edited by realm; 10-23-2014 at 07:08 PM.
    EQ Launch through DAoC Launch through SWG Launch through NGE...then CoH Launch to EQ2 Launch to Rift Beta to Live... Then Navy told me to go overseas. But back Now!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    They are kinda useless imo, though the highest level i got is around 6 or 7 and they hardly bring anything useful.
    They bring in loads of crafting mats, artifacts, and can fill your bag with dimension items if your into that sort of thing. Also they bring in notoriety and cash. How is this not useful.

My only wish is there was some way to force a refresh of available adventures (make it cost adventurine or credits). This way I personally can skip Dim ones or you could skip for one your available minions suit better.

Soulwalker

I just wish I could get a new minion. Is they any way to find them in game or buying booster packs the only way to get ones?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by zEric7x View Post
    I just wish I could get a new minion. Is they any way to find them in game or buying booster packs the only way to get ones?
    Story quests

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tenof View Post
    It didn't take much time for the excitement of battle pets in WoW to wane... so...
    Some people's attention span is less than a goldfish I know, many people still enjoy pet battles even today.
    Last edited by Kerin; 10-23-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Some people's attention span is less than a goldfish I know, many people still enjoy pet battles even today.
    Enjoyment =/= excitement.

In an excited state, people often cannot give objective feedback.

Shadowlander

First 'adventure', I got a decent haul of mediocre artifacts. I think the rewards from the first adventure may be rigged to make minions seem more enticing because, since then, I've been getting 1-2 star ratings and rewards barely worth vendoring (eg. 4x wooden cubes for dimension). I just received... 12 pieces of leather from an 8 hour 'adventure'. This was enough to deter me from bothering with minions or wasting credits on them again.

This isn't a gripe, just my own experience so far. Overall, I'm enjoying the expansion a fair bit.

Rift Master

None of my minions are higher than level 6 but I'm regularly getting 6-star completions on the 15 minutes and 8 hour adventures, I got a nice pile of dimension items and artifacts, but I've never had a 15-item haul yet... I've found the quest rewards to be a pretty steady 2-5 items per except one 8-hour one gave me 6 artifacts. I do a mix of 1 minute, 5 minute, 15 minute, and 8 hour ones depending on whether I'm going to be online/able to monitor minions more closely. And yes, I caved and bought the minion pack for more minions hehe.

add one more to the list of people who wants this on the mobile app. OMG to be able to send my minions from work would be amaze.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Champion of Telara

Two suggestions.

First please save the pulldown menu option. I sort by stamina and need to reselect it every single time I send a minion out.

And, how about letting the minion achievement count when you 'claim' the rewards. Tring to finish them up on a single character first before moving onto the others as they are account bound.

As for the mobile suggestion. I HATE it. (But only because it's such a good idea that I don't want to rift while I'm not ...rifting) hahaha

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by zEric7x View Post
    Also leveling reputations in new zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    As for the mobile suggestion. I HATE it. (But only because it's such a good idea that I don't want to rift while I'm not ...rifting) hahaha
    Lol! +1
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-24-2014 at 05:33 AM.

I found the battle pet thing in wow mostly a waste of time, not my thing....

I have no use for it on mobile - I use my cell for a phone and nothing else, and even at that, only in an emergency if traveling. It doesn't even work where I live for pete's sake, so it's never turned on! But I can see that it would make people very happy.... however, considering the borked state of the mobile app at this point, they'd seriously have to fix THAT first I think....

And since I really refuse to mess about with mobs of players in the new areas, I'll be doing minions until people are pretty much finished in the first area at the very least.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

I like minions, but I think we should have more of a choice as to what missions they can go on instead of it just being whatever randomly comes up at the time.

If I want artifacts then I should be able to send them for artifacts.

I also dont understand why unstable or bounty artifacts are not a part of the system. If I send a minion out on a 10 hour mission then I should be able to get those too. I dislike the systems in game for bounty and unstable artifacts as they exist now and this would have been the perfect way to give people the ability to possibly earn more of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast