+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Biodegradable (Quest Goboro Reef)

Shadowlander

Default Biodegradable (Quest Goboro Reef)

Crabs don't eat the metal. I saw this addressed int he beta forums as well where certain nodes would be useable, I went to the same ones and the crabs still do nothing,
    Tanan 65 Warrior
    Wolfsbane Server

I can't seem to complete this quest, either. The crabs are never lootable. I've stood around for a long while. I'd just skip it, but this portal won't let me through so I presume that I have to finish the first few story quests in order to open it up?

Frustrating. When Rift makes me want to go play WoW for a while, that's frustration.

I came here to add that I also can't get this quest to work. Anyone hear anything from Trion?

Well there was an update and this was not fixed so i thought i would say something to maybe get their attention to the matter, Quest doesnt work please fix it, Thanks

I did this quest fine on the PTS, but on Live it is bugged. I managed to get at most 3/10 done (or 3/8 I can't remember).

What I noticed was that on the ones that would bug out, the friendly NPC that was spawned from the mob was actually hovering over the ground. The ones that actually walked on the ground were able to eat the scraps, the other ones just followed me until they timed out.

So while doing this quest today. I figured out exactly what is bugged.

Was after grabbing crabs and taking them to a few Rusted Scraps I finally got 1/6, and then the scrap despawned, on 2/6 the Rusted scrap also despawned. After awhile I got to 3/6, this time it did not despawn, so I tried to bring another crab to it, no trigger. This happened on 5/6 also and tested it the same way.

The Rusted Scraps are being flagged as used but not despawning properly so new ones can spawn in their place. Was finally able to finish the quest after a bit of Shard jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    So while doing this quest today. I figured out exactly what is bugged.

Was after grabbing crabs and taking them to a few Rusted Scraps I finally got 1/6, and then the scrap despawned, on 2/6 the Rusted scrap also despawned. After awhile I got to 3/6, this time it did not despawn, so I tried to bring another crab to it, no trigger. This happened on 5/6 also and tested it the same way.

The Rusted Scraps are being flagged as used but not despawning properly so new ones can spawn in their place. Was finally able to finish the quest after a bit of Shard jumping.
    So that means only the lucky ones doing it right after a server restart can finish it. Didn't found a single working scrap searching on all EU shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    So that means only the lucky ones doing it right after a server restart can finish it. Didn't found a single working scrap searching on all EU shards.
    I just tried this quest on Hailol and 5 crabs with 6-8 different pieces of metal and no one ate anything. =(

Shadowlander

Still experienced this issue last night.

Crabs aren't hungry. Wont eat for me either. We need this to be taken off of Live or just credit the quest.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Shadowlander

Can we get a response from a Dev acknowledging this is broken and will be fixed?

Ditto... even gave them some toothpicks and they just couldn't seem to vault themselves ono the metal to eat them

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13

We are currently working on a fix for this quest. Thank you to everyone who has sent in details on this issue via the in-game feedback/bug report system. It's been a big help in nailing this down.

Shadowlander

Thanks for the update!

nothing in this weeks hotfix notes about this being fixed ... any update?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast