+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Official Extra Life Team Trion Thread for 2014!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default The Official Extra Life Team Trion Thread for 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    We've got the Extra Life 2014 guild going on Greybriar, and all players have invite access!

Plus, the chat channel ExtraLife2014@Greybriar exists, for those that don't want to transfer servers.

Hey all!

As you all may have seen, Team Trion Worlds is back again for 2014! Between October 25th at 8 AM Pacific and October 26th at 8 AM Pacific, we'll be playing to raise $65,000 in our Extra Life marathon!

You'll be able to catch the stream at www.twitch.tv/trionworlds – the main feed showing off everything we're doing here at the office. It'll be me, Morgana, with Ocho, Scapes, and Kiwibird! (Plus...some special guests, to be announced later!)

If you want to join our team right now, it's as easy as going to www.extra-life.org/team/trion and joining the ranks, or donating to someone on our roster (currently 2,055 players and growing!).

Fundraise for Team Trion Worlds, Get Sweet Loot

We’re partnering with Extra Life to reward all Trion Worlds Team Members who reach the following fundraising milestones:

$25 Milestone – Lifebound Steel Bundle
    $75 Milestone – Ice Strider and Extra Life Portrait Frame
    $150 Milestone – Extra Life Cape
    $500 Milestone – 25 EXTRA AWESOME Team Members (selected at random from everyone who hits the $500 Milestone) will get a RIFT Nightmare Tide™ Ultimate Nightmare Collector’s Edition *or* 1 year of Patron Time (their choice!). Plus *everyone* who hits this tier will get a special Extra Life Portrait Frame (yes, it’s different from the one offered at the $75 tier!).

Of course, these rewards are just for RIFT – special loot for our other titles will be announced soon, too!

Unique Titles

Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 24 hours of game time in any Trion Worlds title over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title for 2014: "The Benefactor"!

Get in the Game?!

Last year, Archonix was kind enough to offer up the chance to get yourself added to RIFT. He's not only reprised his offer for 2014, he’s brought a lot more devs into the fray! Read below for the inside scoop on new offers from devs ready to make unique RIFT assets for the top donators to their member pages!

Archonix: Ever thought of a title that'd be perfect for you? Or wanted an item to be named after your character? You're in luck! The top donator and two random eligible donators to Archonix’s page will get this prize!

CaptainCursor: Have you ever wanted to know something specific about the game's lore that isn't covered anywhere else?! CaptainCursor’s got your back, offering up a lorebook on a subject of your choice, reserved for the top donator to his member page!

DeadSimon: Do you want to be immortalized in a set of shinies? Of course you do – everyone loves artifacts! The top two donators to DeadSimon’s page will appear in a new artifact set alongside three eligible donators selected at random!

Mike D: Want to populate the realm of Telara? The top two donators to Mike D’s page will have their character names put into the world along with eight eligible donators selected at random!

Morticus: A Discovery quest in your zone and scene of choice is up for grabs, including a reference to your name somewhere inside it! The top donator to Morticus’s page will snag this special event prize!

--

SupermanSocks: This engineer, who you may know more colloquially as RoughRaptors, is participating this year, too! He's offering a Rough Raptor minion card in RIFT to the top donator, and three random eligible donators will get one, too.

--

If you want to contribute to them, the rules are are pretty simple:

* Leave a donation on their page - $5 minimum (Leave your character@shard in the comments, or use the referrer code TW)
    * The top donation(s) on October 26th will be the winner(s). (Cumulative donations from the same email will be added up!)
    * Any additional winners will be randomly selected from all valid donors on that date as well.
    * All names and proposals must be vetted by the RIFT team.
    * The winners will be contacted via email in early-November.
    * The prize will be added either between 3.0 and 3.1, or 3.1!
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 10-25-2014 at 09:06 AM.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

Ascended, are you ready for this Saturday’s Extra Life charity gaming marathon? Each year, Extra Life raises millions of dollars for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, and we hope you’ll help us make a bigger difference in kids’ lives this year than ever before!

Join us on October 25at 8am PDT as we celebrate Extra Life for a full 24 hours by plunging together into Nightmare Tide™! Prepare today by signing up for the Trion Team*and checking out our Extra Life Page: Friends and family members can sponsor your day of marathon gaming, and you’ll earn a huge range of rewards for hitting donation goals.

Extra Life 2014 Rewards
    • Raise $25 in donations for a Night Owl Pet!
    • Raise $75 in donations for an Ice Strider Mount & Extra Life Portrait Frame!
    • Raise $150 in donations for a new Extra Life Cape.
    • Everyone who raises an incredible $500 in donations will be entered into our RIFT Hero Drawing, and 25 Heroes (selected at random) will receive a Nightmare Tide: Ultimate Nightmare Edition*OR 1 Year of Patron Time – your choice! In addition, everyone who reaches this tier will get a special Extra Life Portrait Frame. (Yes, it’s different from the $75 tier portrait!)*

*Plus rewards in ArcheAge, Trove, and Defiance, too, as you hit each milestone! .

*And everyone who plays Trion games for a total of 24 hours on the weekend of the 25th will earn a new title: The Benefactor. The count starts at 8am PDT on 10/25 and ends at 8am PDT on 10/27!
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 10-23-2014 at 03:23 PM.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Thanks so much Deb, do you think you could also pop on here Trove Defiance and ArcheAge incentives if there are any or will there be an official notice with a collation of them all on Trion site? Would greatly appreciate...

Cheers to all of you for adding even more olala to this yearly awesome event.

FOR THE KIDS!

EDIT: Just reread and saw:

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Of course, these rewards are just for RIFT – special loot for our other titles will be announced soon, too!
    Roger that!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 10-14-2014 at 08:38 PM.

Plane Touched

Just hoping to find out what server we'll be mostly based on this year and if we're doing the usual competitions for those who start fresh or titles for the veterans?

Looking forward to year 4!

Looking forward to this year's Extra Life!
    Oh wow, so those two portraits datamined a few months ago was for Extra Life? That $500 fundraised portrait looks amazing.

Signed up~! Just confused on one area, will there be an Extra-Life Server or meet up location for this? Let me know~

Doing my sleep conditioning now!
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

RIFT Fan Site Operator

With Nightmare tide releasing only days before Extra Life seems like a good opportunity to level so hopefully something goes on in the new zones where many of us will be.

I think the details are still coming, with NT releasing soon and so much more going on at the same time they are swamped.

I also hope they have some stuff in the new zones Kiwi.

<O└d Skool>

Of course, I'm just curious if it will be everywhere or on a set server like in years past. Staying tuned for info, and will check this thread for new updates and info. ;)

And yes with NT launch days before, its going to be chaotic and interesting how they handle so many things wew. I am prepairing for little sleep, so excited about launch and Extra Life!
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Thumbs up

I'll also let the top donator to my page have some say in the tone of the discovery quest as well.

Serious, funny, wacky... whatever.

It's going to be super fun and awesome!

-Mort

Hoping the Fundraising Milestone codes come out prior to the 25th so it becomes a convo-starter and possible way to increase awareness for the charity event in-game.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    I think the details are still coming, with NT releasing soon and so much more going on at the same time they are swamped.

I also hope they have some stuff in the new zones Kiwi.
    I had a nightmare that Auroria in AA released around the same time...mission accomplished already on the nightmare part I s'pose

This is looking to be an awesome event as always - I scheduled my work time so I can actually participate this year, which I'm really looking forward to! Only one question though, for Trion or anyone who knows the standards from previous events: If I raise an amount to hit a milestone, but my account already owns the perk in question, am I able to give it to someone else? I guess the real question is do they come as codes (which could be given to friend or family member), or direct account unlocks (which would presumably be wasted if I already own the item)?
    Draxaria - Lv65 Rogue --- Draxxonar - Lv65 Mage --- Draxxeer - Lv65 Cleric --- Draxlia - Lv53 Warrior
    ~Shatterbone at heart, Wolfsbane in reality~

Should be sticked so as to not get bumped off first page.

Default Count me in!

I don't bring in the biggest donations, or the most, but I do what I can. Am raring to go for this year once more - can't wait to see y'all again!

Hoping there's a central meeting place; will be moving a character to whichever server it is, unless it's decided to meet on Hailol (fingers crossed!). I know we'll have SO MUCH fun again this year!
    “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” ― St. Thomas Aquinas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast