+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Official Extra Life Team Trion Thread for 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I had a nightmare that Auroria in AA released around the same time...mission accomplished already on the nightmare part I s'pose
    Yikes ......

I am so excited I am running around like a chicken with it's ... well you know....

Almost done with my fundraising page and I am trying to finish off my Haunted dimension for Halloween / Autumn Harvest.

I am hosting some giveaways this year myself, organizing is crazy. Next year I am going to start my ramp up lots earlier. (lol)

Please check out my page by clicking the link in my signature!

<O└d Skool>

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    Yikes ......

I am so excited I am running around like a chicken with it's ... well you know....

Almost done with my fundraising page and I am trying to finish off my Haunted dimension for Halloween / Autumn Harvest.

I am hosting some giveaways this year myself, organizing is crazy. Next year I am going to start my ramp up lots earlier. (lol)

Please check out my page by clicking the link in my signature!
    Awesome Nog, its been memorable checking each year out with your enthusiasm there.
    All the best for your fundraising ventures and have a blast on the day!

Hi, I'm Llwellyn, and I approve this message. Those in the US will understand that joke, it being a mid-term year and October already!

I don't have any fancy stuff to give away, and I don't care if any of you donate specifically to me or not (but holy heck would I appreciate it!). I'm repping for Trion Worlds 2014 because I've been a customer of theirs off and on since RIFT was in beta and I really think they can keep a good thing going. Donate to the devs as posted in the OP, get cool swag automatically, and get a chance to win some seriously nifty prizes... awesome? YES!

I don't have a ton of high-level characters (just got my first character above 40 this week, actually) and this is my first forum post, but I can say that I am happy to be back playing RIFT and ecstatic to get the chance to participate in Extra Life! I had only vaguely heard about it over previous years, and I am so happy to have informed myself and jumped right in.

If you can't donate, do me (and all of the other participants) a favor. Spread the word. Go to our participant pages and use the social media buttons. Bump and like forum posts. Post things on your own accounts and like, share and retweet any direct postings or tweets that your friends make. Use the proper hashtags so things get visibility.

All of those things will help Extra Life itself get more exposure, and likes, shares and retweets help each individual person's posts and tweets get more reach. It doesn't take a lot of time, and it will pay off in a big way for Extra Life and the kids!

GamerGate is getting the press right now. Screw that noise. I want to see Extra Life on the front page of CNN instead, darnit! Let's show people that gamers do good things and that gaming companies can too.
    <Moonshadow> Deepwood Denizens:
    Ariarisha * Kalentiri * Revantari * Lilavasi * Rhonwen

Ascendant

I've already got my twitch page updated and I've got an overlay ready. I'm planning to do some special events. The big one is I want to organize a Hammerknell Raid. I'm thinkin about gettin with RR about that given his experience with the place But yea I'd actually like to burn through alot of the old raids just to show people the content and the story.

As to the swag. Swag is always good. I was a bit sad that it was the Ice Strider (which I already have) and not a life based mount of some sort. Life Squirrel? I dunno. But honestly its irrelevant. I never even got my mount from last year but thats not why we do this. We do it to help kids.

I'll be doing some giveaways and what not, I haven't decided ecactly what yet. Probably when I hit milestones in donations. I'll make a post closer to the time. It might be cool to have an extra life team raidcall or something? I dunno. Just kicking around ideas. I've set my goal at 200 this year (double last year) but quite honestly I hope I can do alot more than that as I have alot more access to viewers now from the twitch group I'm in. The guy who runs The Fallout Zone is the number one twitch streamer for St Jude donatons (he's up to almost 12k now) so the community we have is super generous.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    IThe big one is I want to organize a Hammerknell Raid. I'm thinkin about gettin with RR about that given his experience with the place But yea I'd actually like to burn through alot of the old raids just to show people the content and the story.
    Possibly, I'm not 100% sure what I'll even be doing tbh. Depending on my current status in Rift for that week (currencies, dungeons...etc), I may me playing Rift (actually doing progression) most of the time. But I'm tempted to just say screw it and play whatever I feel like. I remember...pretty much every mechanic from HK for every boss, but I'm sure that with 20 people post-NT (NT is weird to say since I'm so used to saying SL...) that a lot will be missed and it'll kinda be facerolled, but I can always explain things if you'd like (and as I said, if I'm available). I do have one more thing I'm trying to plan atm and will post about it here when it further develops (hopefully no later than tomorrow).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Possibly, I'm not 100% sure what I'll even be doing tbh. Depending on my current status in Rift for that week (currencies, dungeons...etc), I may me playing Rift (actually doing progression) most of the time. But I'm tempted to just say screw it and play whatever I feel like. I remember...pretty much every mechanic from HK for every boss, but I'm sure that with 20 people post-NT (NT is weird to say since I'm so used to saying SL...) that a lot will be missed and it'll kinda be facerolled, but I can always explain things if you'd like (and as I said, if I'm available). I do have one more thing I'm trying to plan atm and will post about it here when it further develops (hopefully no later than tomorrow).
    Yea my guild sorta imploded at around Grug. I remember most of the mechanics for the bottom level bosses, Inwar, and Akylios. The ones I am most fuzzy on are Rune King and Inquisitor (I don't remember him at all). But for instance if I ran ID, I don't know that raid really at all and its one I would like to do since I never got any achiev's for it or anything.

Whats nice about doing the content so late like this is that its content that A.) Quite alot of people haven't seen and B.) Its really no pressure cause as long as you have the basic instakill or percent health mechanics down, its pretty much faceroll.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

All set to go, I hope being so close to the 3.0 launch the lag isn't too bag for this great weekend. Bring on my new titles

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Hey all!

As you all may have seen, Team Trion Worlds is back again for 2014! Between October 25th at 8 AM Pacific and October 26th at 8 AM Pacific, we'll be playing to raise $65,000 in our Extra Life marathon!

You'll be able to catch the stream at www.twitch.tv/trionworlds – the main feed showing off everything we're doing here at the office. It'll be me, Morgana, with Ocho, Scapes, and Kiwibird! (Plus...some special guests, to be announced later!)

If you want to join our team right now, it's as easy as going to www.extra-life.org/team/trion and joining the ranks, or donating to someone on our roster (currently 2,055 players and growing!).

Fundraise for Team Trion Worlds, Get Sweet Loot

We’re partnering with Extra Life to reward all Trion Worlds Team Members who reach the following fundraising milestones:

$25 Milestone – Lifebound Steel Bundle
    $75 Milestone – Ice Strider and Extra Life Portrait Frame
    $150 Milestone – Extra Life Cape
    $500 Milestone – 25 EXTRA AWESOME Team Members (selected at random from everyone who hits the $500 Milestone) will get a RIFT Nightmare Tide™ Ultimate Nightmare Collector’s Edition *or* 1 year of Patron Time (their choice!). Plus *everyone* who hits this tier will get a special Extra Life Portrait Frame (yes, it’s different from the one offered at the $75 tier!).

Of course, these rewards are just for RIFT – special loot for our other titles will be announced soon, too!

Unique Titles

Everyone who participates will receive the title “The Charitable”, and players who clock 24 hours of game time in any Trion Worlds title over the weekend will receive an additional unique in-game title for 2014: "The Benefactor"!

Get in the Game?!

Last year, Archonix was kind enough to offer up the chance to get yourself added to RIFT. He's not only reprised his offer for 2014, he’s brought a lot more devs into the fray! Read below for the inside scoop on new offers from devs ready to make unique RIFT assets for the top donators to their member pages!

Archonix: Ever thought of a title that'd be perfect for you? Or wanted an item to be named after your character? You're in luck! The top donator and two random eligible donators to Archonix’s page will get this prize!

CaptainCursor: Have you ever wanted to know something specific about the game's lore that isn't covered anywhere else?! CaptainCursor’s got your back, offering up a lorebook on a subject of your choice, reserved for the top donator to his member page!

DeadSimon: Do you want to be immortalized in a set of shinies? Of course you do – everyone loves artifacts! The top two donators to DeadSimon’s page will appear in a new artifact set alongside three eligible donators selected at random!

Mike D: Want to populate the realm of Telara? The top two donators to Mike D’s page will have their character names put into the world along with eight eligible donators selected at random!

Morticus: A Discovery quest in your zone and scene of choice is up for grabs, including a reference to your name somewhere inside it! The top donator to Morticus’s page will snag this special event prize!

--

SupermanSocks: This engineer, who you may know more colloquially as RoughRaptors, is participating this year, too! He's offering a Rough Raptor minion card in RIFT to the top donator, and three random eligible donators will get one, too.

--

If you want to contribute to them, the rules are are pretty simple:

* Leave a donation on their page - $5 minimum (Leave your character@shard in the comments, or use the referrer code TW)
    * The top donation(s) on October 26th will be the winner(s). (Cumulative donations from the same email will be added up!)
    * Any additional winners will be randomly selected from all valid donors on that date as well.
    * All names and proposals must be vetted by the RIFT team.
    * The winners will be contacted via email in early-November.
    * The prize will be added either between 3.0 and 3.1, or 3.1!
    Chemicalimbalance - Rogue - Wolfsbane
    Sleep is Overrated

After a bit of planning, I've decided to throw in something extra to add extra incentive for donations. I'm sure this will be really hard and painful for him to do, I basically had to beg for him to agree to this, but Kerilar has hesitantly agreed to join me in Extra-Life to raise money and.......shoot me with nerf guns (kidding about the hesitantly part).

What we've come up with:
    $1 = 1 Nerf dart.
    $10 = 1 Nerf bazooka (it's literally a bazooka that shoots a huge missile, and it isn't pleasant to be hit with).
    $25 = Nerf Vulcan machine gun belt.

For the donations I already have gotten, I've decided to count that as one Vulcan belt ($135 as of writing this).

So, we have quite the arsenal of Nerfguns here, If there's a specific kind of Nerf gun you want him to use (that he has - machine gun, pistol, 50 cal,...I can't even keep track), feel free to leave it in the comments of your donation, otherwise it's his pick as he knows which ones are more painful :-P. I figured I'm already going to probably be in bad enough shape being up for so long for charity why not make myself slightly more miserable if it means more donations for a good cause :-).

This will take place on-stream Saturday October 25th at 4:00 PM PST. All donations towards this will still count to the Minion card.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 10-17-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    What we've come up with:
    $1 = 1 Nerf dart.
    $10 = 1 Nerf bazooka (it's literally a bazooka that shoots a huge missile, and it isn't pleasant to be hit with).
    $25 = Nerf Vulcan machine gun belt.
    Can't wait for this. From your current fundraised, you're going to get quite the beating. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Can't wait for this. From your current fundraised, you're going to get quite the beating. :P
    I counted what I already had as just one Vulcan belt since no one knew about it beforehand and it still counted towards the other things. I coulda done more I suppose, but oh well.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 10-17-2014 at 07:14 PM.

I'm ready for the chaos/charity.
    Last edited by Sedvick; 10-18-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Soulwalker

Just a quick question about the "24 hours over the entire weekend" portion for the Benefactor title. Is this considered Midnight Fri/Sat to Midnight Sun/Mon PST? I will be playing for most of Extra Life, but sadly being that I wasn't able to have Monday off, I can't be up until 2AM on a work day!

this will be my 4th event as I have the titles " Sleepless, Charitable, Insomniac,Committed titles. What will be given to those who are with the titles being handed out this year? Also which server is most of the play being done on this year and will there be a guild like the last few years ?

Shadowlander

Default Non Trion Teams...

Well, sucks that it seems I won't be able to take part in the Trion team stuff. Have had my own team formed since...oh 4 years ago when I started doing Extra Life with Rift. I'll still be partaking in the in game activities of course like I have all 4 years now but sucks that Trion alienates other teams even if those teams are dedicated to Rift...or at least that is what it feels like...

Either way...supporting the kids is swell!

Hello gents and ladies, how can players from Asia help in this event? I would also like to share this event to my friends. Is it required to donate or just join the Trion team then play during those two days? Also playing during those two days would make useligible to get the rewards from the milestone reached (Just by playing do we get the life portraits as well?)? Thanks for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast