+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: To hell with Nightmare Tide. Fix the damn lag problem.

I haven't been able to play due to lag in over a week, I gave up and went to one of my other mmos until its fixed if it ever is. I have a netgear as well, I dont have any problems in my other game so >.>
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Plane Touched

I just came here to confirm that our guild has the same problem on EU, in open world, dungeons, raids and even t3 raids (especially t3 raids actually).

It's just spikes, mostly small ones in the range of 600 ms/ping to 1000 but sometimes they reach upwards of 10000.

This has to be resolved as it hurts everyone and makes raiding especially hard and annoying.

It's getting tiresome to die to doubleticks from Laethys and Maelforge. It's getting tiresome to have the actual bosses lag out of abilities.

It's time to fix this together with removing the buyable expert gear, the currency cap and avoiding BiS gear from lockboxes.

We need drastic changes or i fear that NT will die out and fast.
    Last edited by Morgaith; 10-09-2014 at 03:39 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    snip
    (sorry for quoting myself but i wanted to add something after the edit timer expired)

Don't get me wrong, i want to support the game but Trion is trying really hard to make me want not to do so.

I want to look at Rift and say to myself "Yeah this game is great, it has a healthy and fair f2p model that causes people to drop lots of money out of good will of a customer like myself"

Unfortunately i can't tell myself that considering the current state of the game and i must say that NT is looking quite grim as well even if it has great potential.
    Last edited by Morgaith; 10-09-2014 at 03:48 PM.

Just finished an SLE - 4/5 of the group got booted after huge lag spike.

Latency just hit 20171 just standing in Sanctum.

Want to know what NT will be like? Worse. A lot worse.

Telaran

Agreed. Seems to be a huge lag problem right now. 6:53pm central. Both me and my g/f keep getting booted, won't load back up, disconnected from server, etc. Was finally able to get back in, clicked on a porticulum, took about a minute to bring up the map, another minute to start loading, got to 95% and disco'd.

Right now 8pm est lag free, no spike or anything yet been playing for like over 30 mins.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Same here. The people in my guild have been getting booted off the server on and off for the last hour or so. When I was disconnected I had trouble logging back in. My latency has been 5000-15000 at times making it difficult to play at the moment.

Telaran

Default Lag acting up again

Well here it is 8:17pm eastern and the lag has been getting worse over the last hour or so to the point that I have decided to log out and go play something else. Been dropped to character select and reloaded in automatically twice now in the last 20 minutes.

Frustrating!

Rift Disciple

Sure has been horrible recently. I would normally assume it's myself except when raiding we are getting a freeze in game that might last a couple of seconds and a few people will comment on it at the same time. I'm from asus but most of the guild are na. Some of them play around 30ms normally and yesterday they were having 900ms spikes.

Something is going on. I updated drivers, tested both of my DSL lines separately and nothing changed.

Wasn't happening on pts although I only ever ran around in open world.

Does anyone from Trion monitor the boards here? Their silence regarding this matter is a problem in and of itself

Just logged on and all my WF buttons are ghosted out. Of course this isn't happening to any of my guild mates. Also, just sitting here in Achyati Village and latency is all over the place.

Lol I don't even know why I bother at this point.

Thanks for the Glyph tips guys. Didn't realize there was an option to close it after game launch.

Same issue, haven't really been able to enjoy the game in weeks. Every 10-30 seconds I get 2-5 seconds of lag. Sometimes it's just ability delay, but usually it's a full hitch-up. I only PvP and it basically renders the game unplayable. No issues with other games or services. Cisco router.

Lag is extremely noticeable today. Didn't have much or any of it previously. But today it's almost unplayable when in warfronts or instances.

Telaran

There is only one thing left to do : shut down ArcheAge and convert those servers into RIFT servers.

GG AA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast