+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast
Like Tree864Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

Plane Touched

Default Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

Void stones is the replacement to Infinity stones the current world currency that you gain from almost anywhere. This one has on the pts currently a cap of 35.000 stones per week.to put this in to perspective a upgrade part called Void source accelerator cost 15.000 marks and they look like they will be used for almost everything in terms of upgradeing things.

At the release of storm legion there was no cap on infinity stones so this is a real change from storm legion and you were able to grind as many as you could without hitting any cap.

My opinion is that there should not be any caps at all but on the top tier currency in this case fragments of horror. I find the cap to Void stones offensive and limiting to how i would like to play the game and at the current stage of the game have been able to do that and be rewarded for it.

Essentially this is just a artificial bottleneck on content that would make people ready to do the next tier of content in this case raid tier 1 in nightmare tide and nightmare tide experts.

They're instituting this for open world currency? I could somewhat understand Empyreal Slayer's Marks\Frozen Eclipse Stones, but for this expansion's equivalent of Inscribed\Infinity stones? Beyond unacceptable. It's artificially gating progression, and in turn, artificially gating content. It's also a bad business decision as it makes vials from the store nigh worthless.

I mean, are we kidding right now?
    Last edited by Karny; 10-03-2014 at 09:05 AM.

Telaran

ya pretty dumb

Yup, currently its @ 35k. To compare - cost of world gear Helmet is 42k >.>
    Last edited by radiomaryja; 10-03-2014 at 09:08 AM.

Default Pts

A cap doesn't matter much now since everything will be reset on the 22nd. Plus we don't much know what is going to change between now and then. That is the problem with being on an a Beta server... things change.

Ascendant

Are there vouchers to send the Void Stones from one toon to another on the same account? You could do this with IS, which was a good solution IMO - I could play the world events with any toon I liked, and then send the IS to the toon that needed them most.

Just asking, since this would raise the weekly cap to 35k * (number of toons).

Either way, having a cap on world content sounds incredibly stupid to me.

Wow. Hoping this cap is lifted before NT hits. Almost all I do is zone events (all levels) and so I can amass large numbers of open world currencies. No doubt I'd hit such a cap pretty quickly. This sure would cramp my play style and give me less incentive to log in. A cap on an open world currency is a really, really bad idea as far as I'm concerned.

Does Trion plan on selling the Accelerators in the store by any chance?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

A solution would be to jack up the prices of the VS-related things instead of continuing with the flat cap. It kills incentivisation and it's a hard wall for a player to go against. "Welp, can't earn any more to progress my character, might as well log off"

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

All of the major currencies in Nightmare Tide have a cap.

The quality of the gear from the World Store vendor is equal quality to the expert store vendor. We cannot have one type of currency / reward with no cap, and another with a cap.

The cap values are subject to change of course.

I would suggest logging onto PTS and going out to earn some Void Stones to see the rate of gain and how it will actually affect your play style.

~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    A solution would be to jack up the prices of the VS-related things instead of continuing with the flat cap. It kills incentivisation and it's a hard wall for a player to go against. "Welp, can't earn any more to progress my character, might as well log off"
    I'd rather have a relatively high cap than look at the cost, calculate how many zone events that takes, and realize that with the amount of free time I have, skipping world gear altogether is a better choice.

For the sake of comparison, carnage quests are 50 stones base, nightmare rifts occasionally give some stones(I got about 30 at a time), the cap is 35k. I think every carnage quest combined(one time only) with potions, would only just get you to the cap.

Plus I reckon the cap would promote actually participating in zone events instead of rapid fire shard hopping and tagging to get an entire gear set in minimal time.

Plane Touched

To collect a full armor set that is 644000 stones or 18,4 weeks. And this excluding stuff like rings neck ear rings and weapons and lessers!.
    Last edited by Opira; 10-03-2014 at 09:27 AM.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Opira View Post
    To collect a full armor set that is 644000 stones
    This is not "pre expert gear" it is the same quality as expert gear.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This is not "pre expert gear" it is the same quality as expert gear.

~Daglar
    Accelerators were purchasable with real life cash before NT, I assume they will be after as well? Sounds like the main reason to institute the cap considering Dreamwalker gear upgrades into NT expert gear with Accelerators. Or, you know, we could just do away with the idea of artificially gating content and gear progression with arbitrary and unnecessary currency caps.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    Accelerators were purchasable with real life cash before NT, I assume they will be after as well? Sounds like the main reason to institute the cap considering Dreamwalker gear upgrades into NT expert gear with Accelerators. Or, you know, we could just do away with the idea of artificially gating content and gear progression with arbitrary and unnecessary currency caps.
    The other option is have no Void Stone gear or nerf it into the floor.

From a design standpoint you don't put in high quality gear that is infinitely grindable. We've made this mistake in the distant past (1.0 PvP gear anyone?).

We've had requests in the past to make the World Store gear better - for those players that will never set foot in a dungeon and enjoy the open world playstyle. We've acted on that - which means there must be a limit to acquisition.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    The other option is have no Void Stone gear or nerf it into the floor.

From a design standpoint you don't put in high quality gear that is infinitely grindable. We've made this mistake in the distant past (1.0 PvP gear anyone?).

We've had requests in the past to make the World Store gear better - for those players that will never set foot in a dungeon and enjoy the open world playstyle. We've acted on that - which means there must be a limit to acquisition.
    I was one of those players requesting better World gear (like the good old classic days after Ember Isle was released) - thank you for making the change - the currency cap compromise is perfectly acceptable.
    Last edited by Azurrei; 10-03-2014 at 09:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 ... LastLast