+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Like Tree864Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

Thread already gone different direction..
    From Cap to Guide Writers hmmm...
    Why are you guys feeding a baddie anyway?
    Keev@Laethys
    R.I.P Chaos Inc,R.I.P Blitz
    Currently Slaying Dragons With Rise of the Forgotten.
    4/4 ROF ,1/5 MS

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    As of today, I STILL cannot find any guides written by you, Scara. Come back again when you have written a guide of your own (amazingly, he didnt mention my Crucia Infinite Storm guide, way to cherry pick, loser!!!)
    inb4 Scara is a scrub who isnt good enough to be writing guides.
    They were posted on Blackout's guild site, not on this one iirc.

Default Daglar, please clarify....

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Every time you earn currency, you see how much more you can earn that week.

Hop onto PTS and check out the open beta and see how this affects you.

~Daglar
    Here's an interesting question for you Daglar. I understand the cap on what you can earn per week. However, currently we have a cap on our planarite that we can actually hold without using it. Although there is no cap on weekly earnings, unless of course, you reach the max planarite per character held.

Will the Void Stones also fall into this type of cap? Once you earn your weekly cap, you have to use it to make room for the following week when you can start earning it again? Because if this is so, it defeats the purpose of being able to save up sufficient VS to purchase different items and the upgrades since a weekly cap amount is not enough for a lot of the items offered.

Its a bit of a different take on the idea of weekly cap. But, it does present an interesting issue. If we can only earn xx,xxx amount of VS per week, but item wanted = xxx,xxx to purchase, it is going to take several weeks just to save enough to be able to purchase that higher cost item.

BTW, someone I was chatting with recently happened to ask and I was unable to answer because I could not find anywhere posted that there would be a cap on stocking up of VS versus weekly VS earned.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 10-20-2014 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Here's an interesting question for you Daglar. I understand the cap on what you can earn per week. However, currently we have a cap on our planarite that we can actually hold without using it. Although there is no cap on weekly earnings, unless of course, you reach the max planarite per character held.

Will the Void Stones also fall into this type of cap? Once you earn your weekly cap, you have to use it to make room for the following week when you can start earning it again? Because if this is so, it defeats the purpose of being able to save up sufficient VS to purchase different items and the upgrades since a weekly cap amount is not enough for a lot of the items offered.

Its a bit of a different take on the idea of weekly cap. But, it does present an interesting issue. If we can only earn xx,xxx amount of VS per week, but item wanted = xxx,xxx to purchase, it is going to take several weeks just to save enough to be able to purchase that higher cost item.
    There is no Maximum cap on VS, only the weekly cap. Once you reach the weekly cap you will not be able to earn any more VS until the weekly reset (4? am PST on Wednesdays).

BTW, someone I was chatting with recently happened to ask and I was unable to answer because I could not find anywhere posted that there would be a cap on stocking up of VS versus weekly VS earned.
    any VS that your character gains, so anything that causes the amount of VS you have on that character will count against your weekly cap. So if you use vouchers to transfer VS from one character to another, when you earn the VS on character A it counts against their cap. When you transfer the voucher to character B and they consume the voucher, the VS gained will count against their cap.

Rift Master

I really want to say I have seen someone answer this officially but there are so many threads on this and related subjects, I'm not sure where to start looking for it. Pretty sure the cap is only a weekly earnings cap, not a holding cap like with planarite.
    I won the game by leaving it. Have fun with your cash grabbing nightmare.
    Wonder if this could happen to Trion or if it's limited to companies with deeper pockets:
    http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudi...x#.VGS-T_nF-So

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I really want to say I have seen someone answer this officially but there are so many threads on this and related subjects, I'm not sure where to start looking for it. Pretty sure the cap is only a weekly earnings cap, not a holding cap like with planarite.
    There is only a weekly cap, no Maximum amount cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Nice job in trying to get this thread closed people... just go more off topic and bash each other a bit more if you want to make sure it will be locked.
    Unfortunately, with release two days away, I think the change ship has sailed on without embarking any passengers...
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    any VS that your character gains, so anything that causes the amount of VS you have on that character will count against your weekly cap. So if you use vouchers to transfer VS from one character to another, when you earn the VS on character A it counts against their cap. When you transfer the voucher to character B and they consume the voucher, the VS gained will count against their cap.
    Yes...I understood this part of it.

I'm going to assume you can hold them, but like with Planarite, after a point your rift reward menu will start to flash red if you begin carrying too much. I've also noticed an occasional inconsistency with it where everything will be auto-looted even if you only wanted a single item. As a result, I have occasionally "lost" planarite due to being capped, which would likely happen to VS in this case, too. That said, I couldn't tell you if the bag fullness goes by some kind of weight on the items inside or just sheer number. Try this at your own risk, but unless something has changed, I do feel like capping VS is going to be incredibly difficult per week.

Plane Touched

No you can earn 35k a week. After 2 weeks you can then hold 70k. After 3 weeks 105k. Etc.

With planarite you can not carry more then a certain amount at a time, but you can EARN as much as you like.

Plane Touched

They said it was not exactly possible to hit the 35k cap but i have done it twice now since release (this being the third reset) and it is saturday morning and it is another 4 days until the next cap ...
    This will be fun ..........

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Opira View Post
    They said it was not exactly possible to hit the 35k cap but i have done it twice now since release (this being the third reset) and it is saturday morning and it is another 4 days until the next cap ...
    This will be fun ..........

Awesome! Gratz!

Telaran

i bet you had to play the entire day and use 160% + patron bonus.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by altoholics View Post
    Don't forget he also had 5000 Void stones from Zone events sitting in his Rift Lootbag and about 35 Nightmare caches. Yes Maxing is rather easy. I dinged 65 last week and almost maxed it in between 3 days. Maxed that reset after, maxed it now.

Would enjoy a raise of this cap to twice its amount....

Quote Originally Posted by altoholics View Post
    I don't even put effort into reaching the cap it and I'm not using any vials, yet reached the cap. Looking at my gain so far this week, I assume I will do it again. It doesn't take that much time or effort.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast